“Very nice hotel with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua Lot N 2, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 25%
Ranked #10 of 44 hotels in Nusa Dua
Aachen, Germany
“Very nice hotel with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

It is a very nice hotel with everything you need. The service is great and everybody is exceptionally friendly. The rooms are not very bright but really nice (we stayed in a lagoon view room). The room had a nice big bed, which was really good, a big flatscreen tv, a nice bath with a bath tub. Cleanlyness was perfect as well as the room service.
The Pool and Garden are the most beautiful ones of all hotels in Nusa Dua (as far as we could compare from the beach-walkway).
Breakfast buffet was excellent - we could not imagine anything missing (apart from Nutella ;-) )
The only thing which is not "perfect" is the beach - during the times of low tide, there is nearly no sea left - but only a sandy/muddy bay. So if you want to have really nice beach, you will have to visit one of the neighbouring beaches.
Even if there were some families with children, the hotel is more a conference hotel and probably not the best for traveling families.
All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
thelaguna, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2010

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had a most enriching and distinctive experience while staying at The Laguna and that our team looked after you very well.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

1,752 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Knutsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Chose Bali for our wedding because good weather virtually guaranteed in July. Staff at the Laguna helped make our day very special. We chose the lagoon access rooms which we all enjoyed. Had a great stay and a great wedding day.
Room staff were good but the restaurant staff were average. Hotel food very pricey which meant the restaurants were empty except at breakfast - more reasonable prices would help.
Nonetheless a very nice hotel with ample space by the pool and on the beach.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you also for your constructive feedback in regards to the restaurant staff level of service as well as our food pricing. I will pass this on to my team and ensure improvement is made forthwith. When you return to The Laguna, you will notice a significant improvement.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you both back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality on your second honeymoon.

Marousi, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I chose the Laguna based on very thorough research on trip advisor and I must say that in the beginning I was very suspicious of all the positive and excellent guest reviews. But please, and I cannot stress this enough: BELIEVE IT!!! The pictures do no justice to the resort. And just as well, because when you arrive at the Laguna…you are simply overwhelmed!! This was our first trip to Bali and for sure will not be our last!!
Months before our honeymoon, the Laguna executive staff was SOOOO helpful!! Anything I needed they were always on the ball. Whether it was sending me Spa brochures and very detailed information or even arranging my pick-up from the airport, my new friend Susan was always glad and eager to help. Many thanks to her and her colleagues for exceptional luxury service and hospitality, as well as for making my honeymoon unforgettable! I will be eternally grateful!!
Upon arriving in Bali we were welcomed to a beautiful setting filled with many friendly and smiling front desk employees who treated us as if we were VIP. Our room was fantastic!! Fresh fruits, chocolates and fresh flowers greeted us, as well as a special honeymoon surprise from the Laguna Resort!! The bed was super and very comfortable. The room was spacious and the view was lovely. The resort had immaculate gardens and facilities. The pools were all sparkling clean and exceptionally beautiful. We used the Spa almost everyday. It was great being pampered and treated like royalty. I highly recommend to all honeymooners (and not only) the MOONLIGHT MASSAGE treatment in the Grand Gazebo at night accompanied by chocolates, fruit and cocktails. The Spa facilities the Jacuzzi and the treatment rooms were divine. Many thanks to all of the Spa staff. The food was also way above my expectations. Breakfast had something to offer for all tastes. We never had to wait for a table or for food to be replenished. Room service as well was great!! Delicious food prepared in 30 minutes or less!! We didn’t really use the butler service that much but it was a plus to know that someone is always there to respond to all of our needs. To make the long, yet happy story short, the Laguna exceeded all of our expectations. It was a joy to be a guest there. After seeing the rest of the hotels in Nusa Dua at a glance, I was even more content knowing our choice was the best for our needs and preferences. My next visit in Bali will definitely be at the Laguna!! THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL STAY!!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you had a most enriching and distinctive honeymoon with us and that our team looked after you very well.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

My daughter and I stayed 5 nights at the Laguna Resort in March and we're planning on returning as quickly as possible. The pictures on the website do not do it justice. It is truly a tropical paradise. When we arrived we were greeted with Balinese dancers and beautiful gamelan music. The service was extraordinary and our butlers were nothing less than perfect. We drank tons of water so they were constantly bringing us bottles (8 at a time). Our room was a lagoon access room and well worth the extra $$. We loved slipping from our room into the pool whenever we wanted. The grounds were immaculate and the pools were truly amazing. We ordered room service and went to their brunch (best brunch I've ever had), but it's much less expensive to go off site. The ocean is nice, but very warm. We found the pools to be more refreshing. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. My favorite hotel in my life!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

we picked the Laguna resort based on the reviews on trip advisor, and we were not disappointed. The resort itself is open and comfortable and the pools surrounding the resort definitely made it a highlight. The open plan of the lobby was a welcome sight after arriving from the airport and we were quickly checked into our rooms. There was a mix up with the booking and although we had booked 2 executive studio rooms, they gave us two plunge pool rooms. But because the rooms were a little smaller than what we had originally booked, they compensated us by giving us free breakfast, which was a nice touch.
We were told that there was a butler service, allowing someone to bring us tea, coffee, and ice at any time and that was a service that we used a lot of.
the Laguna also included an afternoon tea in one of the hotel restaurants and that would be the only complaint of the whole trip. It was a bit of a let down, as when we arrived, we were served our hot drinks and given up to 3 small cakes, but at long intervals. So my only recommendation, is that if you are intending to go, don't go hungry and not with bored and tired young children. However if all you want is a nice cup of coffee or tea, in pleasant surroundings, then it is quite pleasant.
The rooms were clean and adequate. The bathroom was a little dated and tired, but more than adequate. Each room had a plasma screen tv and a dvd player, so we were able to buy our dvd's from outside and watch them in the room, much to my childrens' delight.
The main drawcard I feel is the pool, or the multiple pools that are found wrapped around the hotel. They weren't deep and so great for young children and you could swim and not feel surrounded by people, so it felt very tranquil.
We had breakfast in the ocean lagoon cafe and that was a lovely buffet breakfast with all your standard foods.
We tried out two of the restaurants there, one was the mayang sari and the other was the ocean terrace cafe, both of which were lovely and served lovely modern european cuisine with a bali twist to it. Prices are comparable to Perth prices.
Given that this was my first trip to Bali, I am glad it is not going to be my last.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
thelaguna, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2010

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

It was a short getaway for the purpose of celebrating my partner's birthday so it was planned that we stayed in the No. 1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor for Nusa Dua. We definitely went with high expectations given the rave reviews and fortunately, we were not disappointed!

The moment we arrived, the mood was set right when the driver picked us up from the airport. He was ready welcoming us. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were swiftly attended to and ushered to their lobby with welcome drinks while the check-in was processed. We need not have to queue. A butler was assigned and he made efforts to highlight the dining places and facilities. AND the landscape is fabulous! We felt like diving in the moment we saw the lagoon pools!!

The food was good too! The overall dining experience was made better by the great service. When I mentioned to the waiter it was my partner's birthday and that we would like 1 candle on our dessert - a chocolate cake. 5 minutes later, he appeared with his team and surprised my partner with a birthday song!

Lastly, do try the spa! I swear it is the best massage I had - ever.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in the near future.

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I came to Bali for a business meeting but I really enjoy the Laguna Resort. Great room, great ocean, great pools and bars around, absolute quiet. To me, it is somewhat better than the Bahamas

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality on your holiday in the near future.

David C.

Been to The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!