“Laguna -- Bali Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua Lot N 2, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 50%
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pattaya, Thailand
“Laguna -- Bali Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Laguna for one week in April, 09. This Sheraton "Luxury" hotel certainly lived up to it's reputation and rating. The hotel and grounds are beautiful with waterfalls, lagoons, tropical plants; the beach is very nice with very few vendors trying to sell things. Security is top notch, not only entering Nusa Dua but also entering the hotel grounds and along the beach. We dined at all three restaurants and the meals were delicious and well presented. Above all this, THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING from arrival at the hotel to departure! Everyone was so friendly and accomodating.
We had reserved a lagoon access room, and after one day, decided the room was too humid for our comfort. The manager Parsika sent maintenance to completely check the air conditioning system, followed up personally with us to see if we were satisfied and personally showed us three other rooms for us to select. We decided on the Laguna suite, which was a fabulous two room suite on the second floor overlooking the lagoon and waterfalls. The 24 hour butler service is a definate plus for the resort and the complimentary afternoon tea is lovely.
The Ocean Lagoon restaurant has nightly dinner specials and dining on the beach is very romantic - food was delicious and well presented. We dined at the Mayang Sari restaurant the night before we left and wished we had dined there earlier. The food was wonderful and we selected a table overlooking the waterfall-lagoon, the evening was very special. It is also great that you can visit the sister property next door, Westin, and charge to your room at Laguna. Westin has a wonderful Japanese restaurant with cooking tables - the food was delicious.
We particularly enjoyed late evening cocktails at the Sands Bar, sitting on the beach listening to live music with the moon shining over the ocean.
Another plus is the location of Laguna - among a group of very nice resort hotels, there is a beach sidewalk connecting all the hotels and we took advantage of evening walks along the beachfront. About 10 minutes walk from Laguna is the Bali Collection, a very nice shopping/restaurant complex that is great for dinner, lunch, souvenir shopping, etc. The hotel offers an hourly shuttle service as well, which is very nice.
If you are going to Bali, I highly recommend Laguna and Nusa Dua. Day trips to other parts of the island are readily available and the hotel will book drivers for you. It's the BEST place to stay in Bali.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
thelaguna, David C. - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2009
Dear Our Valued Reviewer

Greetings from The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua Bali!

Our deepest appreciation for taking some of your precious time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It is pleasing to learn that you have been completely immersed in The Laguna journey and had flawless experience with the Resort & its facilities.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of our Ambassadors and to ensuring your next experience with us is once again enriching and distinctive.

David C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

I spent 3 nights at the laguna and was truly impressed.Yes, the hotel is beautiful and has lush, landscaped gardens that are tranquil and peaceful. The Laguna, true to its name, is surrounded by huge pools and lagoons and one never gets the feeling of overcrowding, unlike some larger hotels.It opens up to the beachfront so sun- seekers have the choice of pool or beach. I found an early morning walk by the sea at sunrise folowed by a complimentary yoga class to be a soul- cleansing and blissful affair.

What makes a stay at the laguna so special however is the genuine care and concern shown by the staff who spare no effort to please their guests and to create a memorable experience. Staff remember your name and and are more than happy to assist to make one's stay special. A Balinese taxi driver i chatted with during a tour remarked that the laguna was renowned in Bali for its service, a reputation it well deserves.

Finally , i really appreciated the little well planned and meticulous touches that showed a culture intent on personalising one stays.Like asking what fruits one likes for the fruit basket. Delicious complimentary cookies ( that were changed every day)and fresh tea and coffee a phonecall away.Complimentary afternoon tea at a restaurant. A program of activities including childrens activites.Little frills that are welcome and make one's day.

Would i return and stay there again? Yes, in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Dear Our Valued Reviewer

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience at The Laguna with other TripAdvisor viewers.

We are excited to learn that you throughly enjoyed your journey at our Resort and that early morning walk and sunrise yoga cleanse your soul and made you ready to start a new day.

I am also happy to learn that our Laguna Ambassadors took very care of you and thank you for appreciating our efforts of those meticulous touches that showed a culture intent on personalising your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and intimacy of The Laguna in the near future.

Akashi, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

I was one of the guest who attended the wedding party of Azmin and Deene's at the Laguna on Jun 20. I have to say I was so amazed with the beauty of this hotel. The party was good, except for the bartender as he was the only one serving all 30 of us after the party.. So we had to repeat our orders many many times just to make sure he gets our drink but who could blame him.. I just feel that at such a nice hotel, you should have at least 2 bar tenders and one person to clear up the glasses away that filled up all the tables.
Overall I liked the hotel.. the pool was nice.. I personally liked the huge shower by the pool that I could cool myself after a mornings walk around Nusa Dua beach.
Am planning another trip to Bali and this time with my wife this coming August.. Would love to stay in this hotel again.. but would like to check other hotels like the Ayana in Jimbaran just to compare.
Would recommend this place for the newly weds and family with children.. I was there alone the last was quite lonely if it wasn't was the wedding party. The food was nice but not many choices to choose from so there is room to improve on that.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Dear Our Valued Reviewer

Greetings from The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Thank you for staying with us recently during the wedding of Azmin & Deene and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your journey at The Laguna and thank you for recommending our Resort.

I have personally brought up your feedback about the Bartender in charge during the event and the improvement of our culinary line in our meeting, we appreciate your valuable comment as through this we will be able to improve our experience delivery to our guests.

We do hope you will return with your wife in August and kindly contact my office directly so I can personally ensure that your next experience with us is a perfect one.

AUSTRALIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at the Laguna in early April.I mainly went ,based on reviews from this site.I was blown away at Laguna.It really is a luxuary hotel in every way possible.To make it easier I will categorize my findings.
1)staff were professional,friendly and could not do enough for you. I had the pleasure of meeting the general manager ,David,he greated us apon arrival at the resort who does that???I was most impressed.We also got to meet Douglas the assistant manager.Both gentlemen were highly professional and lovely any queries we had they attempted to assist .Thank you both.

2)Pools ...well fantastic does not come close to the amazing pools ,you never felt crowded.Spotless pools.The gardens were straight from the garden of Eden well manicured and attended to daily (it shows).Restaurants fantastic did not eat elsewhere.
3)Rooms..well appointed spacious although we had to get another bed for our daughter so it did feel a tad crowded.Maybe next time we will spalsh out and stay in a suite..
4)check in/out flawless welcomed with cool tea and soothing face clothes.
It is the little things that you notice ALL staff seemed happy no grumps,furniture rooms clean ,hugh flat screen tv with DVD already in place, room service promt ,food presented very well.This is not a cheap resort to stay at, however I would not go anywhere else in Bali You do get what you pay for I debated between Westin/Intercontinental/the conrad.I did get a chance to visit a few others and I am SO GLAD that we made the right choice.I have become a starwood member so I know where I will be choosing to go on my next hoilday. I did want to mention the massage fantastic thank you ladies especially Irenea.
I would not hesitate to recommend this gorgous resort I had a blast here TERIMAKASI.
Donna (from Melbourne)

Dear Donna

Greetings from your home away from home The Laguna!

Thank you for writing a wonderful review about our Resort and sharing your recent experience with us.

I am very happy to learn that our Ambassadors took very good care of you and family and that you had a flawless journey right from the arrival to the day of your departure.

Donna, on behalf of all ambassadors, we very much look forward to welcoming you and family back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The Laguna in the not too distant future.

Perth WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

We recently enjoyed our second stay at the Laguna resort. We had a lagoon access room again (This time in duplex room which I highly recommend). We felt that we were the only ones at the resort at times as the lagoons are so expansive and peaceful.
The grounds and public areas are immaculate and and beautiful and the rooms clean and spacious.
The staff were happy to do all they could for us and showed a a high degree of caring and professionalism when we were confronted with a "drama" just prior to checkout and our flight home. Three senior members of staff were in our room in no time and did all they could to help us in a friendly and timely manner.
A special thankyou to the front office Manager who not only sorted this out but on previous occasions greeted me and and attended to my query before I even got to the Reception desk.
This is our favourite resort in Bali.

Dear Our Valued Reviewer

Greetings from your home away from home The Laguna!

Thank you for sharing your second stay experience at The Laguna on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your credits to the Resort's grounds and public areas, as well as the rooms and our Ambassadors.

I have passed on your comment to our Front Office Manager whom feels really proud knowing that his effort to exceed your expectation is recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third experience and to ensuring your next journey is once again flawless and enriching.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I am still scratching my head as to what exactly that "the luxury collection" tagline embodies - I know at US$250 a night it does not mean value for money, so could it be the shabby bathrooms that allegedly had undergone a luxurious renovation a few years ago? or the mildew smelling bedrooms with luxuriously crinkled sheets? or the broken but other luxurious Sony digital clock? or the massive queue outside the luxurious breakfast place every morning? I will let you know the breakfast served on 9 April was not fit for human consumption let alone luxurious - 10 April was better if you could find somewhere to sit that is. I don't mind paying US$250 a night for three rooms for three nights at this luxurious hotel and still being told you wouldn't post a postcard for me for free, but I do feel obliged to let people know the "luxury collection" is an luxurious misrepresentation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
thelaguna, David C. - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
Dear our Valued Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Laguna Resort & Spa on TripAdvisor.

I understand you had a less than journey at The Laguna in regards to the accommodation and breakfast experience during Easter holiday and for that I deeply apologize.

Your feedback is very much appreciated in order for us to review our products and services so that the next time you stay with us, we will be able to provide you with a distinctive and enriching experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when your travel plans bring you back to Bali and The Laguna, I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is perfect one.

Yours sincerely

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

This was our second visit to this hotel and it certainly won't be our last! It is a total chill out and relaxing resort and nothing is too much trouble. We had one of the lagoon view rooms that was very comfortable, roomy and clean and so very quiet. The whole layout of the hotel is one of the best we've been to, with the lagoon swimming pools surrounding the hotel so you can always swim in peace and quiet. The beach is beautiful too, and though the tide is out sometimes, we managed to have a dip or a swim in it most days. The food is absolutely gorgeous and we ate mostly at the beach side restaurant as nothing is nicer in the evening than the sound of the ocean. The breakfast choice is amazing, like most of these big hotels, and there is certainly something for everyone. We also loved the afternoon teas being served in the nice restaurant, sometimes with entertainment, so refreshing and civilised! The staff are so friendly and so obliging and Dana and Winda at the beachfront restaurant really made our stay special, so a very big thank you to them both. Nusa Dua itself is obviously an upmarket resort area, but nevertheless, it is still beautiful with lovely gardens everywhere and even an excellent golf course over the road. There is also a shopping and eating complex about a 10 minute walk from the hotel, now called the Bali Collection, which is certainly worth going over to, especially in the evening when there is quite a lively atmosphere. This time we only did a couple of trips, one to Nusa Penida which we were disappointed in, mainly as the snorkelling wasn't up to much and quite honestly the setting of our hotel was much more picturesque. The second trip was to have a swim with the dolphins which was interesting and the first time that we've had contact with these amazing animals, but I still wasn't sure if the ethics were genuine. We were told that these were resecued dolphins from Borneo, but though they were in the sea, they were still in pens and performing for us! I just hate to see any animal in captivity, especially such graceful and intelligent creatures as these! Also, though it wasn't on our itinerary, we asked to stop at a turtle conservation place that was in the same location. It seems as if they are making great efforts to breed and release turtles back into the wild, as only a few years ago it was legal to eat turtle meat here, but has now fortunately been banned. We didn't venture up to Ubud this time as we just wanted to relax, but I would definitely recommend anyone who hasn't been to Bali before to go there, as you will see more of the real Bali and it is so scenic and rural with the most amazing rice terraces, completely different from Nusa Dua.
The rest of our holiday we spent just chilling out in the Laguna resort as it was so peaceful and the gardens so beautifully laid out. All rooms, I believe, have their own personal butler, so when you feel like a nice 'cuppa' you just phone for room service and within 10 minutes you have a nice pot of tea brought to your room - what decadence!
Would we come back again, you bet and hopefully we won't wait another 7 years!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
thelaguna, David C. - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2009
Dear our Valued Reviewer

Greetings from your second home The Laguna!

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Laguna on TripAdvisor.

I am most happy to learn that your return journey to Laguna was to your expectations.

Thank you also for highlighting our rooms, the layout of the hotel, our surrounding lagoon and our beautiful beach and garden.

I am also pleased that your culinary journey from our Ocean Terrace through to the breakfast experience and afternoon tea rituals was most rewarding and that our Butlers' assistance was most satisfactory.

The Laguna family look forward to welcoming you both back to your home away from home in the not too distant future.

David C.

Been to The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!