Everything was great, considering that I had a very different kind of vacation as well as very low expectations.
I practically never dine in the hotel I stay, just prefer getting out and experience new things. This was a very unusual vacation for me. We got out of the hotel once in seven days we spent there, and that was a trip to traditional Bali places like a silver factory, a batik place, a wood carving shop, a couple of temples and that's it. I wish we did a day boat trip, but by the time we decided we wanted to have one, everything was booked. However, we rented one of the beach-front gazeboes for the whole week we were there, and that was a very good decision. One of the things that everybody needs to know is that everything is very slow in the Nusa Dua Laguna, and if this is what you want, you are gonna get. Another thing - despite the fact that everybody speaks English, you will still have communication issues when you want something extra, but as long as you go 'by the book' meaning 'what they have to offer', you are fine, and the choices aren't bad. You should also know that the place isn't cheap, which is fine by me, but some people may think that spending 16US on a mixed drink and 26US on a Champaign Bellini (plus tips) is way too much, those kind of people just shouldn't go there. Basically, the whole thing works exactly like in the US - you get what you pay for. Have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua