“Amazing Holiday at the Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua Lot N 2, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer for Less
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Amazing Holiday at the Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Just a few words about the really sensational holiday my Family had recently when staying at the Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali.

Its been 10 years since visting Bali as we had taken a liking to Fiji holidays however we just had one of our most enjoyable and memorable stays ever at this fine Hotel.

The Villa accommodation was brilliant. Professionally managed by Adi and his staff not to mention the whole crew. We formed many friendships with members of the team who are just simply magnificent.

Special mention to Yuli at the Cu Cu beachside bar, the expert wine sommelier Yudi, head chef “BIG” Nikoli and the General Manager Mark.

The resort, extremely friendy staff, food and beverage we belive is unrivalled anywhere.

I must say if you’re a bit tired and are looking to relax by the pool (one of many) or just gaze at the lagoon on a lazy boy under a palm tree on a beautifuil beach with a cold Bintang or cocktail in your hand this is a ripper place to stay.

We will be life long customers and are looking forward to returning soon.

Wayne Phillis

North Brighton
South Australia
Australia

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Be careful... You too will fall in love with the Laguna.

Now I wouldn't say I'm short of cash, but any stay I've had at the Laguna makes me, by turns - delighted, sad, angry and ultimately bored by the exorbitent charges for food, drink and services at this Hotel.

The staff are a delight and the Laguna tagline is 'Welcome to Paradise' and it could be the perfect Paradise. However they would need to cut the rate of just about every extra before this claim could be justified.

Firstly on our last visit, I took exception to the hard sell we experienced upon check in (they tried to sell us an upgrade to one of the new Villas)
The Spa is horrendously overpriced and if you want to use the Spa pool you have to book the Spa villa.
Next, the cost of the food and drink i.e. an entry level wine on the menu will set you back £65.00? you must be joking. (the waiter did say that there was a wine shortage in Bali and this may be the case but we found perfectly acceptable wine in other restaurants for around £12.00 a bottle)

Our breakfasts are included in our room rate and I couldn't fault them, but anything else - forget it!

It doesn't matter how much money you have - only an idiot wants to be ripped off.

All this said - I'm still in love with this Hotel and that is the only reason I've given it a 'very good' rating. also I know I will be back - I won't be able to help myself. But unless they sort this out we will eat and drink elsewhere.

Tips:-
- Eat in town.
- Or at the Bali collection (an open air shopping mall, a bit soulless but good food)
- Eat at The Nusa Dua Beach Hotel and Spa just along the beach, good, reasonably priced. at lunch times we sat at tables right by the beach.
- The Spa at this neighbouring Hotel is fabulous, with an outdoor Spa pool, open air villas for treatments, changing rooms with hot and cold tubs, steam room, sauna. (the Spa is in front of their Hotel lobby just ask and they'll direct you to it)
- Get out and about - see the real Bali.

Room Tip: Rooms at ground level can be a little dark.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I spent a week in Ubud on a yoga retreat then wanted a day at the end at the beach somewhere on Bali. I chose The Laguna because it is a Starwood property and the swim-up lagoon rooms looked really interesting. When I arrived I was offered the ability to upgrade to a 1-BR villa for a small incremental difference in price. I agreed as I was curious about the villas which I had heard were relatively new. Wow! Was I blown away when I entered the villa. It is huge with its own yard, pool, outdoor 4-poster bed, 2 sun-loungers, a small kitchen, a massage table and outdoor shower. I was in HEAVEN! There was a dedicated butler who was fantastic and helpful. The villa manager was so nice and took me on a tour of the 2-BR villa which was also completely beautiful and perfect for extended families. I can't wait to bring my family back to this hotel! I had room service and the food was excellent. I had a pedicure in the spa which is a little small but nice. The breakfast buffet was extensive and excellent quality. The grounds were gorgeous and the pools have a "beach" entry which is really perfect for small children. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a great beach resort in Bali. The entrance to the area with the resorts is very secure as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
thelagunabali, Hotel Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Geogrrl

Greetings from The Laguna!

I am very happy to hear that your recent stay with us was a most enjoyable one and thank you for recommending The Laguna as the preferred beach resort in Bali.

The Laguna family look forward to your return to our Resort in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

the grounds and aspect of this place is outstanding.there are so many pools, gardens and waterfalls that are so relaxing and picturesque.Our room was a lagoon view , which was very spacious with all known amenities, including shampoos, gels, toothbrush /paste and daily shaver/cream.you get daily water aswell.The breakfast buffet was sumptious and the restaraunt staff very friendly and good.We didnt eat an evening meal at the hotel, we walked to the bali collection(5 mins), where there was a big selection of dining options. please try the Banyan on Banyan corner, I have never met such sweet staff and the food was excellent.
There is a business centre at the hotel with free use of terminals until 20.00pm.
The beach is lovely and long, with further beaches either side.I never had a problem finding sunbeds on the beach. These beds were lovely and comfortable.The hawkers on the beach did impose a little but in the end it became a good watch.Also, there were so many poolside beds , I doubt they ever all got used.
We returned to the hotel each evening after food and had cocktails at the KulKul bar overlooking the ocean. What a setting-the girls serving there we fab , especially Yani.
We used the gym most days and never waited for a machine.
In summary, the resort is not cheap but you get what you pay for.absolute paradise.

Room Tip: the lagoon access rooms werent as private as the lagoon view ones
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear stevoCardiff

Greetings from The Laguna!

It is pleasing to learn that your recent experience with us was a most enjoyable one. Your feedback is much appreciated in order for us to maintain our standards at all time.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to your return to our Resort in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Laguna in June 2011 for 7 nights in a Deluxe Studio Room. We had previously stayed here in 2010 and thought it was perfect for relaxation. The room was spacious with a large marble bathroom and huge bath. The breakfasts were delicious, the gym small but very well maintained with personal TVs and headphones, inviting spa and wonderful lagoons for swimming and relaxing with privacy.
The standouts though were Dayu Murtini, Chief Butler, and the Executive Chef (though I have no idea of his actual title or name) – he was European.
Dayu introduced herself to us at afternoon tea one day and noted our preferences in a seemingly casual conversation. She then proceeded to attend to our wishes, for example, by arranging for a newspaper to be delivered to our room each morning. She also went out of her way to assist us in arranging for a late check out. On our last morning we were moved to a Lagoon Access Room which was a wonderful way to end our stay and quite unexpected (although I still prefer the Deluxe Studio). She is definitely a treasure!
Another standout was at our last breakfast when I was wondering if a particular fish dish was on the menu. I asked the Executive Chef, who happened to be nearby, if an unlabelled dish was the one I wanted, but he advised that it was not so. He asked me about the fish I had enjoyed previously and then went into the kitchen and proceeded to prepare a generous portion of the fish which he served up at our table. I must add that this was all done with a minimum of fuss but had the effect of making us feel very special indeed!
I hope Dayu, the Chef, the staff and the Laguna achieve all the success they so rightly deserve. We’ll be back in 2012!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear MezziePG

Greetings from The Laguna!

It is pleasing to learn that your recent experience with us was once again enriching and distinctive and that our team looked after you very well.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to your return to our Resort in 2012!

Warmest wishes

geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed at the Laguna in august. We have travelled a lot and stayed in the worlds best hotels and i have to say that NOTHING compared to the Laguna. The staff were so friendly and they knew exactly who we were. they were very helpful as we have 4 small children and it made our stay so much more enjoyable. The cabanas were a wonderful experience and we found it so relaxing as it was peaceful and quiet. The rooms were a great size and the cleaning staff were fantastic and even told me where i could get the cheapest shopping. The Bali collection was a 5 minute walk to the hotel and the hotel had a shuttle and it was great as they had many different resaurants that were amazingly cheap. The pools were great for both adults and the kids as there was something for everyone regardless of age. The breakfast was fantastic as there was a very large selection of all types of food including an asian breakfast. My daughter hada bithday there and they hotel baked her a special cake for free. All i can say is, "Wow, what an experience". I recommend this hotel to anyone travelling. it is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. It has class and character. I hope to go back in December this year.

Room Tip: A room on the top floor was ideal.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear naleni m

Greetings from The Laguna!

It is pleasing to learn that your recent experience with us was a most memorable one and that our team looked after you and family very well.

On behalf of The Laguna family, we look forward to welcoming you all back to our warmth and indigenous hospitality in December.

Best wishes

Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Hotel is great, with many pools and nice rooms. Staff was really nice. The only thing that we didn't like was not the hotel itself but the fact that Nusa Dua is isolated from "real" Bali, with high prices at Bali Collection and no one around after 11pm.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear melanie c

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Laguna on TripAdvisor.

It is pleasing to learn that you were satisfied with the Resort and accommodation in general.

We look forward to your return to Bali in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards

Hotel Manager

Been to The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!