As with all the previous voucher user reveiws, we had our hicups. However, the manager, Mr Henry, could not have done any more to help overcome them and compensate with apologies. Villas International are the villans and hopefully for the Retreat they will be able to sort this out before too much longer. If you booked through Why Pay Full Price make sure you have their voucher with you.
O.K Back to the Retreat. Wow! Huge apartments. Can't overestimate the importance of their provision of filtered water in the villa, as much as you can drink, and you'll need it if it is humid. The private pool is wonderful and so refreshing after a day of sight seeing. The Retreat provides a great shuttle service. It felt like the real Bali being amongst the jungle like vegetation. The staff are sooooo friendly, and, yes there are some communication issues, but, be patient, because all they want to do is provide whatever you want when you want it and with a great big smile. The service is top class. The breakfast provides a wide variety of options, let's face it if you are at home you don't have this much variety. We would recommend a driver, actually, we would recommend our driver, Harry, he speaks very good English and wants to learn more. He is extremely friendly, happy, an excellent driver. We travelled most days with him and felt completely safe and secure. His local knowledge was invaluable to us as first timers to Bali. Feel free to contact me for his details.
The spa at the resort was excellent. don't miss it! The Pure Bar was such a relaxing place to unwind and have a drink. We found the food at the Splash Bar very good and for what we got it was very reasonable. There are places to eat where you can get cheap food in Bali, but not with the convenience and class of the Retreat. I think you get what you pay for. If you want to star in classy accommodation, even in Bali, expect to pay a bit more for food. We thought it was worth it. My husband and I do enjoy eating out when on holidays and we found our experience at the Nusa Dua Retreat was value for money. A word of warning- don't stay here if you want a night life close by. We were able to have a great time staying here while enjoying the calm, quiet and real surroundings and, also, venture out and discover more of Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nusa Dua Retreat Boutique Villa resort and Spa offers one-bedroom pool villas, extra large one-bedroom deluxe pool villas and a three-bedroom deluxe pool villa. Each villa has a living room, kitchen, roomy air-conditioned en suite bathroom and a large private pool. The pool villas also offer a rooftop sundeck ideal for soaking in Bali's tropical sunshine. A restaurant, private beach club, resort center pool and spa round up the retreat's complete range of facilities. Located in the charming hillside country of the Bukit Peninsula above the world class resort destination of Nusa Dua, the Nusa Dua Retreat affords views over the Indian Ocean ad features its own private beach club on the nearby secluded Kutuh Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Prestigia and Tingo so you can book your Nusa Dua Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Retreat Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Retreat And Spa Bali