Purchased a streets deal to stay 4 nights. After reading some of the reviews we were stressing a bit about coming to stay at the resort (even sourced some back up just in case). Firstly, its in Nusa dua, its it a region called kutuh about 15mins from Nusa dua. We spent most of our time in tanjung benoa and we paid about 50k for a cab ride each way. So getting around was easy and not a hassel, we always took a card for the cabbies and they found it no worries. It was actually really nice to drive through parts of Bali we would never have seen if we stayed inside Nusa dua.
The staff were very welcoming and demonstrated the true spirit of balinese hospitality. Compared to other places we've stayed their English wasn't great but hey this is Bali not the gold coast (and we got to learn a little Indonesian). Despite this everything we asked for we were able to get no problems jut took a little bit longer (Bali time). Seriously ask the staff if you have an issue (we had a smoke alarm start beeping at 5am our first night. Called reception and withing 2mins one of the guys came in with a ladder all sorted).
The rooms are huge! Everything seemed to be on a grand scale including the sun deck on the roof (make sure you ask for one because not every room has one). Pool was great nice and shady for all but 3hrs in the middle of the day.
Unfortunately the food wasn't great, cartainly edable however compared to restraunts in the area it was very bland. We had a free dinner as part if the package and we didn't use it. We ordered room service a cpl of times and they didn't come back to collect the plate till the next day. Laundry service was quick any easy and the price was reasonable.
I want to say the finishes in the room aren't perfect but we don't go holidays to for perfectly painted walls. If that is going to bother you don't stay here. However we found it to be a very comfortable and relaxing place to be.
The worst part about this hotel is the pathetic company based in Singapore managing it. They took weeks to respond to emails and we could could never connect via phone. They actually telemarketed us on our last day in our room for another holiday!!! This was the only time we ever spoke to them. Booking is defiantly a hassel but is not a reflection on the experience while there.
For the price we paid (500aus) I would happily do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nusa Dua Retreat Boutique Villa resort and Spa offers one-bedroom pool villas, extra large one-bedroom deluxe pool villas and a three-bedroom deluxe pool villa. Each villa has a living room, kitchen, roomy air-conditioned en suite bathroom and a large private pool. The pool villas also offer a rooftop sundeck ideal for soaking in Bali's tropical sunshine. A restaurant, private beach club, resort center pool and spa round up the retreat's complete range of facilities. Located in the charming hillside country of the Bukit Peninsula above the world class resort destination of Nusa Dua, the Nusa Dua Retreat affords views over the Indian Ocean ad features its own private beach club on the nearby secluded Kutuh Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Nusa Dua Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nusa Dua Retreat Hotel Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Retreat And Spa Bali