“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kayuputi at St. Regis Bali Resort

Kayuputi at St. Regis Bali Resort
Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua | Lot S6, PO Box 44, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia
+62 361 8478 111
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Nusa Dua
Cuisines: French, International, Asian fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Our 4-time Wine Spectator Award winning specialty fine beachfront dining restaurant offers a brilliant dining experience of premium Asian-influenced Haute cuisine with a selection of Sturia and Premier caviar and oysters varies according to season and stellar wine list in an intimate ambience with magnificent views of the ocean.Every Sunday The St. Regis Bali Resort unveils a new haven for connoisseurs at The Astor Diamond Champagne Brunch at Kayuputi featuring Champagne, cocktails and canape.Our resort's ten-time Wine Spectator award winner German Sommelier, Harald Wiesmann is pleased to consult with guests on wine selections to make that perfect match with the menu.After dinner, enjoy the option of fine cigars from an elegant humidor.
San Diego, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

One of the best restaurants in the world, hands down! The champagne brunch is one of the most decadents experiences ever, you will be pampered with amazing food and drinks and great service. Be ready for an unforgettable experience!

Visited March 2013
TheStRegisBali, Restaurant Manager at Kayuputi at St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Dvmtz,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

We are always happy to read such a precious comment from our valued guest such as yours, who has left the shore with an enriching memories at our resort, particularly with our Astor Diamond Sunday Brunch at Kayuputi restaurant.

Thank you also for all compliment toward our product and services which we are greatly appreciated.

We certainly looking forward to your return to our resort for another dining experience in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Czech Republic
“Not easy to rate, considered four, three and finished on two stars”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We have visited with my wife on February 22nd.
My evaluation should be split to few sections:
I. The venue - very nice, the right place for a fine dining experience
II. Staff - smiling and kind
III. Very good service from our sommelier
IV. Restaurant service - I am sorry but the level of service doesn't reach basic fine dining standards:
a) When we made our choice - two starters and one main, all focused to the sea products + a glass of Sauvignon Blanc NZ and a bottle of Chardonnay (Margaret River Australia), my wife went for 2 minutes to the restroom. Once she left the table the service came with selection of breads - which they explained one after another, ... ok,it should not happen, but... However in few seconds they brought also the amuse bouche - which was also explained in details (but unfortunately only to me because my wife was still away!). So, my wife returned back to our table and did not hear anything.
b) I do not think that at the fine dining restaurant we should start with three knives and three forks on both sides
c) Any basic rule to serve from right / left is not respected at all
d) AND MAINLY! As a side to my first starter I got also a (nice) cucumber ice-cream served in a small stainless steel dessert plate. I finished it with the starter but the empty plate sadly stayed at the table both during the second starter and the main course and was removed only when we were asked about the dessert.
e) Few other "imperfections" not worth to explain in details
V. Food - while the service showed significant imperfections we were still in very good mood and looking forward a good food experience. I have to say that all our courses looked great, on average I would rate 9/10. But speaking about the taste only one starter would get the same rating, the other courses with the exception of my main would get 6-7 out of 10 and my black cod hardly 4/10.
Sure, all meals ratings are necessarily subjective and each of us is coming with some expectation. However we have to say that almost all our courses were simply out of balance (the cod tasted like if prepared completely separated from the sauce and other ingredience).
Sorry, the Kayuputi Chef - this is not good or even satisfactory result, the taste should always go hand in hand with the look.
To sum up: When you do not think of money, then the Kayuputi is not quite bad experience but when you think of a value for money then its my 2013/14 greatest disillusion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Jardaok,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

We are happy to hear that you love the venue, staff and Sommelier at our Kayuputi restaurant . In the other vent, allow me to express my sincere regret concerning to your unfortunate dining experience. Please rest assured that I have table your constructive feedback to ensure this situation will not happen again in the future.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

We hope that we may have the chance to welcome you to our resort again in the future where you would have our commitment for a more enjoyable experience.

Germany
“Lovely Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We dinned at this restaurant during our stay at the St. Regis Bali. This place is special.
Our food was superb in taste and presentation. My favorite dish was lemongrass-bergamotte soup with rho marinated fish a incredible taste of freshness..
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Mouri_stani211,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

It is our privilege to learn your precious comment posted on TripAdvisor.com.

We would like to thank you for taking your time to share your St. Regis experience with us which is so rewarding. Our team will also feel proud that their hard work has led to a memorable experience to you and partner.

We look forward to welcome you again to our resort for another amazing dining experience that you will certainly enjoy.

“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I can't recall how many times we have eaten at Kayaputi but whenever we go to Bali regardless of where we stay it is a MUST DO. The food is 6 star as is the service and the competence and expertise of Harald, the somellier and maitre d' make the expereince second to none. There is nowhere on the island to compete. Keep it up and my thanks to the whole team.

Visited February 2014
TheStRegisBali, Restaurant Manager at Kayuputi at St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear David P,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Resort Bali!

First of all thank you for your valuable comment posted on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed the flawless experience in our Kayuputi Restaurant. We are also pleased that you valued our food with 6 star, as well as our services which is delivered nicely to you by our staff especially Harald. Nothing to say except thank you very much for this positive feedback which motivates us to keep delivering a flawless services.

Again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you for the next wonderful food experience in our restaurant.

Bali, Indonesia
“Far below the expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We decided to have a nice moment during our one week stay in Nusa Dua, Bali, so decided to go to this restaurant for dinner on February, 2 2014. The beginning was promising and we anticipated a great dinner and an unforgettable moment, but seems like our hopes were washed down by the tropical rain. We were seated on the terrace first, got our menu, chose the degustation option for 1350000 IDR (approx. USD 112) . A local waiter took our order, then an European sommelier came up for wine choice. We opted for a bottle of a Chilean sparkling , another 950000 IDR , but so far so good. The local waiter then came and threw (I particularly emphasize that, not "put" , but "threw" ) a bunch of random cutlery onto our table, with three knives and three forks on both sides , which is acceptable for a banquet, but not for a table of two people who take a degustation menu, where the standards imply changing the cutlery after each dish. Food came then and it made us forget the unpleasant service start for a while, as it was elaborate and quite unique. We were enjoying the moment till we were served the second dish from our tasting menu, and then the rain started, so we had to move indoors. Once we were sited at the table, we were served the third dish which was based on lobster bisque, and there was still no bread on the table which must have been lost somewhere on the way. We thought the bread should be coming by default but apparently we were quite naive to suppose so, as we had to ask the waiter to bring us some. It took a while , but we finally got it when we finished the soup. When it came to the final part, where the degustation menu offered a choice between a cheese selection or a desert, my partner went to the bathroom, and meanwhile the waiter came to me asking what we would prefer, without having a decency to wait two minutes before she returns to the table. Brief, I chose cheese for myself and a desert for her. When both plates arrived and we tried to enjoy the moment, we heard loud yelling from their open kitchen. Sounded like street market sellers , loud, nasty and annoying. Repeated a few times. I called the waiter and made a remark on that, he was very apologetic, explaining, however, that the reason of that loud excitement was one of the kitchen employee's birthday....
So apparently we were supposed to share that excitement ...
Anyway, when the dinner was finished and we asked for a check, it turned out that the card I presented for payment, they could only process at the hotel reception. So they escorted us there, and it turned out that they couldn't process the card!!! I presented Visa card after, which is issued in France, so they slipped it in the machine, gave me the receipt to sign, it seemed ok, but in a minute they told me that it was a quotation slip only, and they had to process that card again, as the first slip only suggested them to choose the currency of payment between IDR or Euro. Finally wasted half an hour at the hotel reception just for arranging the payment issues. They were apologetic, offering us their home made macaroons ,arranged free transport to our hotel and said we could come for lunch next day, without taking any lead for that, so I believe the lunch promise was fake.
In the conclusion I would like to thank the chef for the well-elaborated menu, were we could feel hard work, imagination, dedication and expertise. Though the road from the kitchen to the table is short , it's full of unexpected obstacles. The service doesn't add value to it at all.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TheStRegisBali, Restaurant Manager at Kayuputi at St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Broomson,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.com.

Firstly, we would like thank you for having chosen our Kayuputi restaurant during your vacation to this Nusa Dua area.

We have read your comment in regards to the dining experience and it comes to our great concern that our service did not meet to your expectation. The service that you’ve received is not indicate of our standard and we truly apologize for the unfortunate experience. We have taken note the entire of your constructive feedback and will share to our team in an effort to maintain our service standard on its level. Immediate action will be taken to ensure that our guest overall experience with us is enriching and distinctive.

Mr. Broomson, we hope that we will have an opportunity in near future to welcome you back to restore your faith with our resort and associate.