“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Bali Resort

You added The St. Regis Bali Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Bali Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kawasan Pariwasata | Lot S6, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer for Less
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
San Diego, California
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 4 days, I can't stress enough how fantastic every moment at this hotel was. Check-in was very personal, every demand was a no brainer, breakfast was the best I haver ever had in any hotel. Staff is the most friendly and attentive I have ever experienced. Will stay here again for sure and can't wait for the pampering. The pick-up and drop off from-to the aiport is a really VIP experience. Totally recommend it if you can afford it, just do it. The rooms are beautifully furnished and there's luxury all around it, beds are super comfy and the buttler will make your stay as pleasant as possible. Splurge a little and enjoy this wonderful hotel. Recommend having brunch at Kayuputi on Sundays and definitely have dinner at the Dulang restaurant, a must try when on Bali!

Room Tip: Beah front Villa is the way to go!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Dvmtz,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Resort Bali.

So many thanks for you for such a valuable comment posted on Trip Advisor. It is our pleasure to know that you have stayed for 4 fantastic days with us.

These mean that we have sucessfully delivered our best service through attentive and friendly staff, especially our butler who made your days wonderful. The facilities that you have talked about are one of our intermediary that we need to keep well maintained in order to put our guest satisfaction as our priority.

Again we are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed and recommend this our resort and restaurant to the others. We are looking forward welcoming you in our resort in the near future for escorting you to the more wonderful experience with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
taipei
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The resort is absolutely luxurious, and most of the staff are friendly during our stay earlier this month. However, the overall service does not live up to the standard as a five-star hotel. We had some troubles when making the reservation online, and exchanged several emails with the hotel. People at the reservation desk had failed to explain their reservation/cancellation policy clearly, and their responses were slow, which forced us to make some last-minute schedule change.

The immigration assistance at the airport is a nice surprise, saving us tons of time while other travelers waiting in line for immigration check. The staff members were friendly when we arrived at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was no doubt the best I've ever had in a hotel, and the beach and other facilities were also amazing.

However, the air conditioning in our suite was broken, making the room super humid and had this mold odor. It took two days for the staff to tell us that they cannot fix the problem and had to move us to another suite. It's nice that they gave us a bigger suite with private pool later, but I still think the staff failed to address guests' complaints fast enough.

I also don't understand the butler service that the hotel was proud of. The service was slower than other five-star hotels I had stayed, and I wasn't given any personal butler service until we were moved to the larger suite, when our butler Fendi came and explained the situation to us (Fendi was wonderful and super helpful, btw).

Overall, we had a comfortable stay at the hotel, and it's a beautiful resort with friendly staff. However, I've experienced much better services at other hotels, and I would probably try other five-star resorts or hotels in Bali if I visited again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Azure M,

My appreciation and thank you for your wonderful review that is posted on Trip Advisor.

It’s my pleasure that you had a great St. Regis experience and thank you for your comment upon our dedicated teams.

I, however feel disappointed to hear your feedback about the butler services and air conditioning which was broken and I would like to apology. Nevertheless, we will evaluate this constructive feedback for our further improvements and continuously better ourselves.
Please rest assured we have evaluated your constructive feedback and we strive to provide a high level of bespoke service to ensure that our valued guest receives flawless stay in the future.

I do hope this situation will not mar you whole impression regarding to the resort. I look forward to welcoming you back and please do giving us another chance as it will be my pleasure to personally assist you with the arrangement.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is more of a 4.5 than a 4, but cannot give half points so decide on a 4.

Highlights:

(1) Free car transfer to and from the airport (including some welcome chocolate, water and wet towels waiting for you upon arrival)

(2) They will arrange for someone to meet you by the airport gate, which will allow you to skip the line to get a visa and going through custom. Instead, you go straight to baggage area while the airport service takes care of the visa and custom entry for you. This saves tremendous amount of time.

(3) Amazing breakfast (included in room price) - and I am not just talking about your continental, maybe some sausage with egg breakfast. What we have for breakfast was the likes of lobster omelet, waygu steak and egg. foie gras and egg. croissant french toast, caviar just to name a few, freshly prepared when you order them, including almost 10 types of freshly squeezed juice, and at least 6 kinds of smoothie (our favorite was Papaya and Lime, and Apple Cinnamon). We essentially just eat breakfast for 2 hours everyday and skip lunch.

(4) Lots of free food. The hotel is pretty generous with its food. For example, as mentioned above the breakfast was free and there was A LOT of option to choose from. Water is free in the room (both sparkling or regular), and you can get as much as you want. Coffee and tea in the room are free. If you are hanging out by the pool, they come by with a lot of free water, drinks (such as Bali Mary - their version of Bloody Mary), fruits, amongst other. We have to turn them down several times while we were by the beach since there were just too much food.

Bad Experience:

I don't understand what is so special about their "signature" Butler service. It's slower than regular hotel service. Except for the first hour after we checked in where they would bring us what we asked quickly, they often forget our request or takes a long time to respond. For example, we don't know how to turn on the light in our private garden, and it took them 30 minutes before they can send someone to address this. We asked for new towels - which never arrived and we just gave up. We asked for reservation at their restaurant Kayuputi - which they confirm were made, but we show up at the restaurant and was told no such reservation. They might as well not have a Butler service and just do regular service, maybe that will be better. This is the primary reason why we do not feel this hotel deserves a 5 star.

Overall:

Our experience at this hotel was overall very positive. The services are usually good except for that slow Butler service. Food was expensive there, but not much more so than other resorts. The buffet at their restaurant Boneka for dinner was US$75 per person, which is expensive, but at least the quality of the food was very high, include caviar, dishes that are freshly made when ordered, grilled skewers and seafood sir fries that are made when you order them, that actually taste good, as well as a variety of dessert options that actually taste good. So despite the high prices, you can get really full and quite happy with the quality of the food that they serve. Kayuputi is very average - expensive and the food is nothing to write home about, but the view is excellent as it is by the beach. Their best restaurant is Dulang - a price fixe menu Indonesian restaurant - has the best food (and a lot of it), and a rather unique experience. The Gourmand Deli has a lot of sandwiches, fast food, ice cream, chocolate and dessert, and the quality is overall very high, and the price fair. Chocolate and ice cream are not more expensive than what I would usually pay in Hagen Daaz, Ben & Jerry, La Maison du Chocolate and similar places in Hong Kong. In fact, if you want to eat cheaply in this hotel, load up on the free breakfast, hang out by the beach for the snack all day, and order the sandwiches at Gourmand Deli.

The hotel also feel slightly dated, and some part of the bathroom shows quite a bit of wear and tear. Also, we stayed at the Pool Suit, which I would not recommend getting. The pool / outdoor area is quite small and it is not all that private (faces pathway that people travel to and from rooms). It's not like there are a lot of food traffic, but you can see people walking by and they can definitely see you. The plunge jacuzzi pool is nice, but too cold during this time of the year. The outdoor area hardly get any use because (i) there are a lot of area covered by vegetation, so you cannot access those areas, (ii) unless there is bright sun, looks gloomy, (iii) the gazebo looks dirty and not very welcoming, and (iv) very dark at night with way too little light. Given the lagoon, the pool and the beach, not a lot of reason to pay more than a regular suit (or even suit with ocean view) to stay in the Pool Suit. The lagoon villa, on the other hand, gives you direct access to the lagoon, which also means the lack of privacy, but kind of fun as you can just get in and out of lagoon from your suit. Beach villa means your gate opens right to the beach, which also means anyone walking along the beach can look into your villa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear cpl200,

Thank you for your wonderful and very detail feedback regarding to your recent stay at the resort.

Whilst I was delighted to read positive sides on your stay that I will celebrate it with my team, I truly disappointed to read on several issues that you have mentioned especially regarding to our poor butler service.

In this regards, we strive to continually exceed the expectations of our guests, which we seemingly did not achieve with you during your visit with us. Allow me to express my sincerest apology but rest assured that we take guest feedback seriously and I will have an internal discussion with our Chief Butler who will in return review the service co-ordination to ensure our valued guests received bespoke St. Regis butler service on any occasions.

I sincerely hope you will extend us with another opportunity as it would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back and ensure you will experience the true St Regis standards on your next visit.

With my best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We arrived at the St Regis Resort after a wonderful cruise from Australia on the "Silver Shadow" we had no preconceived ideas about the hotel we booked on our first visit to Bali. The cruise line expects all disembarking passengers to depart the vessel by 10 am on the day of arrival we knew that our suite at the hotel would not be ready by 2 pm at the earliest and were prepared to wait.

On arrival we were met by the smiling Lucia, the Hotel Manager together with Carlos the Chief Butler before we knew what was happening our baggage was whisked away together with hand baggage and coats. We were invited by Carlos to take a seat the generous couches located in the magnificent lobby while staff checked us into the hotel. Carlos was most apologetic about our suite not being ready we assured him this was understood, he invited us to the Gourmand Deli for a coffee while we waited.After coffee we sat with the Chief Concierge Agus who advised us and booked us on various day and evening tours, nothing was too much trouble.

Later while having lunch at the newly discovered Deli Carlos and our butler Merita arrived and escorted us to our suite. We marvelled at the spacious living and sleeping area, the outside balcony overlooking the well tended tropical gardens, and luxurious bathroom.

Our stay at the St Regis was truly memorable, the smiling staff to whom nothing was too much trouble, the arranged day and evening tours which all went like a well oiled machine, just strolling in the gardens, and being taken by golf buggy to the cleanest beach I have ever encountered. The choice of fine dining and a breakfast to die for. We know we will return !!

And that perfect last detail ?? I ordered boiled eggs for one breakfast, they arrived at the table with the shell cracked all round but replaced back on top of the eggs as if they had never been broken !!

Thank you again to everyone who made a lovely holiday even more special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Frank S,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Resort Bali,

Thank you for your precious time to post a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

I have to say that I am very grateful to be able to work in such a magnificent place and to be surrounded by so many beautiful open-hearted people on a daily basis. Thank you for your tremendous compliment and I will share your comments with my team, especially with Carlos, Agus and Merita, that I am sure will be happy to hear that they made your stay extra special.

I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the suite with its amenities, the arranged tours and that you loved our cuisine too.

Once again thank you and I am already looking forward to personally welcoming you for another memorable stay at the resort.

With my best regards,

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Absolute luxury. The immigration assistance at the airport is fantastic. Everyone remembering our name was an added plus ! The huge tub was super relaxing. Our basic Regis Suite was so large that you definitely do not need more than that for a couple.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear sowmya k,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Resort Bali.

Thanking you for sharing this valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that our assistance from airport to our resort treat you well, especially when they greet our valued guest name. The facilities from our resort are the most important thing to be well maintained so our precious guest like you will enjoy the flawless experience in our resort.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our resort in the near future.

Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the Regis Bali, last year around this time and I don't know why it has taken me so long to write a review on this Resort that really has no bad things to be said about!!
We stayed in a Villa 2 meters away from Nusa Dua beach front that allowed us to go and enjoy a swim in the warm Balinese sea every morning. The BREAKFAST at the Regis Bali is something from another world. I have travelled to many, many places and good quality hotels with high brand standards around the world and had never seen anything like it. Me and my girlfriend made plans to sit in everyday from 9am to 11am because everything was just perfectly made. The breakfast included many choices of meats, fishes, sushis, soups, local cousin (hot and cold) all kinds of cereals and most other items that you would find in a king`s breakfast table (not recommended if you are on a diet) you have about 20 chefs working full time just to elaborate the breakfast experience. The swimming pool of the hotel is also from another world if im not mistaken and still recall the pool had over a mile in length although not deep at a lll it allowed you to enjoy long and relaxing swims. Bali it self as a community have the best and most relaxing atmospheres with great local people, local food, beautiful places! I can easily say it is my favourite place in the world :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Iourencopestana,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Resort Bali,

Thank you for your valuable feedback through TripAdvisor which make us more than pleased to know that your stay with us was wonderful.

Our facilities, the pool and also the restaurant are our important places to address our best services to our precious guest. Because guest satisfaction is our priority to be achieved. Again we are so glad that you make our property as your favourite place.

We are looking forward for welcoming you back to Bali our paradise and our resort to make your stay more than wonderful.

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Actually we stayed there on Dec 2012. My friend held their wedding in Bali. I came with my husband and daughter. We stayed in their suite. The service is very good. Very attention to detail.. They really concerned in guest's satisfaction.. Breakfast experience was great also.. We hope to come back again soon.. =)

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Agnes_Octaviani,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Resort Bali,

Your precious comment through TripAdvisor really appreciated. We are delighted to know that our valued guest has received a wonderful experience with us especially from our staff’s service. It is true that guest satisfaction is our priority. Furthermore, thank you and we are looking forward welcoming you to our resort for the next wonderful stay with us in the future.

Lucia liu
Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bali Resort? Share your experiences!