Just completing a 5 night stay in a Suite.
First impressions are wow. It is an impressive resort with the beautiful grounds and the tropical lagoons. The beach, while not great overall, is good for Bali. The beaches back home in Perth are far greater.
The breakfast is a real standout. One of the best for sure. The quality and choices on offer are excellent.
However once you dig below the surface you discover all is not what it seems.
* The hotel struggles under the weight of full occupancy. There are simply not enough shaded areas around the pool. The best positions get taken quickly. Also service in the restaurants struggles as does timely housekeeping. The first couple of days were fine but as Easter approached and the place became full, that was it.
* The resort is over run with kids. I mean over run. They need to offer up an adults only section if the want to maintain an air of exclusivity. The kids over take the pools with tennis balls, blow up toys, the works. It's ridiculous.
* Others have mentioned it and I will also. Drink prices are over the top. They can put all the spin they want but $6 for a can of Coke that is $0.80 on the street is insulting. This when they charge $6.50 for a Bintang. Food prices on the other hand I found were reasonable for a 5 star hotel.
* The Butler service is comical. He showed us around our room and then was gone, never to be seen again.
* The Wifi around the pool area and beach is spotty. Not enough coverage.
The St Regis is really just a typical mass market family resort trying to be something that it really is not. They charge a good price for everything so it stands to reason that expectations are high. Sorry to say that the don't reach the standards they aspire to.
As a side note, had a look at the various Villas and glad I did not pay for one of those. They ask over $1000 a night and for that you can get a Cliff Top Pool Villa at the Banyan Tree in Ungasan. Compare the two and then you decide...
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- The St. Regis Bali Hotel
- St Regis Nusa Dua
- St Regis Bali Hotel
- The St. Regis Bali Resort Nusa Dua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Bali Resort reflects landscape architecture from the early 1900s, inspired by the blending of art and nature with lifestyle and living, and features interior design that manifests a true element of style in the culturally rich, luxurious environment of Bali. The use of rich imported fabrics with indigenous materials and cultural artifacts runs through all the 80 suites, 42 villas and 2 residences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your The St. Regis Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.