“Unreal!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Bali Resort

You added The St. Regis Bali Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Bali Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kawasan Pariwasata | Lot S6, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 50%
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Amman, Jordan
“Unreal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed at St Regis with my wife for our honeymoon. Getting there and just thinking it'll be St. Regis I expected something fancey; but once there and seeing what St. Regis Nusa Dua looked like I really established a new definition of what fanciness can be!!
The rooms were really spacious with a beautiful view no matter what part of the hotel you are staying at; I did want a sea view room but ended up with a room over looking a golf course and yet was really satisfied with what I got. The room we had was nicely decorated with a big heart of flowers drawn in the huge bathtub/hot tub!
The service of St. Regis exceeded expectations as well, the staff are so polite that you'd feel bad asking for anything.
We only had breakfast at the hotel, which included a huge variety of all kinds of food, some fruits that I've never seen in my life!! During our stay we looked at the restaurant they have by the beach and it looked really good!!
I'd stay at St. Regis Nusa Dua again if I ever renew my trip to Bali!

Room Tip: try and get the huts by the beach!!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear Rakankh,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we contributed in some small way in making your stay at The St. Regis Bali a pleasant and memorable one

On Behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for considering The. St. Regis Bali Resort as your holiday destination. I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort on your next visit to this paradise island.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Our first visit and resort is as what other reviewers have described it - a fantastic property designed with luxury and privacy in mind.

Room was heavenly, the balcony was constructed in such a way to provide privacy and bathroom was luxuriously big. We had a garden view suite which had a clear and serene view of the vastness of the golf course next door. Agreed with a previous reviewer that the ocean view rooms are situated quite a distance from the beach. Little details that show the resort is thinking of its guests - complimentary woven beach bag with his and hers sunhats and of course, unlimited complimentary bottled water though i wished they could have extended that to the beach area.

Staff was friendly and helpful and we used the butler service for housekeeping and making 3rd party reservations.

Despite hotel running at close to full capacity, did not encounter many guests (except the beach, of course) and felt we had the resort almost to ourselves.

Also concur with previous reviews that prices for F&B and massages are really expensive. Have not seen spa treatment quoted in 4 digits in US$ before! But the food in deli is pretty good value for money and the ice cream is great.

Overall, had an amazing time and definitely worth a return visit.

Room Tip: The garden view is equally impressive, ask for a high floor
Dear Raiden,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking your time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com

We are very happy to know that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed the facilities as well as the services that we provided during your stay in our resort.

We have noted your concern in regards to the price of our spa treatment quoted four digits in US Dollar and like to clarify that all the prices for the treatments in our spa is quoted in local currency, Rupiah rate. We may also like to inform that all our prices include already the standard 21% additional tax & service charge which are applied in all 5 star hotels & resorts in Bali. We will review the price from time to time in order to be more competitive in the market.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to you feedback that we are able to maintain on our service standard.

I would like to once more, thank you for considering The St. Regis Bali Resort and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort on your next visit to this paradise island

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Wow! Are we in a Hollywood movie, we wondered, when we strolled into the vast, marble, high-ceilinged lobby of the St Regis hotel and resort,Bali?

Our Pool Suite, with its opulent bathroom, seemed big enough for a bevy of starlets to splash in. Our only question was should we cool off in our private plunge pool, or relax like film stars on silken cushions in our darling gazebo, perched above our private tropical garden?

Now a confession. For a pair of easygoing Australians like us, the idea of 24 hour butler service made us a little uneasy. Would the butlers be stiff-shirt,formal guys like Jeeves, sneering at our crumpled T shirts? No way! The butlers at St Regis made us feel completely at home, while discreetly taking care of our every whim.

Most amazing was Chief Butler Carlos. In the first five minutes of our arrival, this affable magician fixed both my partner's sunglasses, and would you believe, his ear, which was troubling him. RIghtway the Chief Butler located a microscopic tool for the floppy sunglasses and an immediate appointment with an English-speaking doctor.

We loved evenings on the terrace at the King Cole bar. Each night as the sun sets, Balinese dancers below performed a spectacular fire dance,to the throb of live drums.
What an easy introduction to Balinese culture, without driving for hours.

St Regis offers a varied choice of restaurants from a casual gourmand deli upwards. My partner always yearns for something different, so he often got stuck into lobster omlettes at the lavish breakfast banquets. I liked the way waiters came round carrying just-baked hot croissants, or new suggestions from the chefs, such as an exotic vegetarian tart I sampled one morning.

Several evenings we specially enjoyed dining under the stars in the balmy, warm air at the white-themed Kayupuri restaurant. So romantic to watch tall palms swaying nearby, while ocean waves crashed just a little way off. The perfect spot for a wedding, or honeymooners, I decided.

I'm struggling to find things we disliked about St Regis. But I found a couple. My expanding waistline from over-indulging. And, sob! Departing from all this lavish luxury.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Selena I,

Warmest greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post your recent experience in our resort on TripAdvisor.com

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we contributed in some small way in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

We would like to thank you for considering our resort as your holiday destination and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The St. Regis Bali Resort in a not too distance future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I chose this resort to stay after finally getting to my 5th month of pregnancy. What a treat! We last stayed at Four Seasons Koh Samui back in March this year n we thought it was fantastic, but St Regis Bali is even better, surpassed all expectations. No doubt I had trepidations after a few negative reviews right before we got there but there were all not applicable in our case.

The beach could be the best one that we had been to, the staff at beach club do a good n polite job chasing away non guests to maintain it's exclusivity for paying guests n it was important to maintain the serenity. The staff at the beach club really try their best even initally when I thought they didn't understand me, they manage to come true with what I was trying to convey which happened twice n I was pleasantly surprised.

Service n breakfast was top notch, we had stayed at various fantastic hotels like Amanjiwo , Datai langkawi etc.. There's just a level of ease during our stay here..mattress was good, curtains was sufficiently dark, bathroom was big n bright.

We attempted to find out the reason why there re so many jellyfish in the beach n if they will sting but the staff at reception do not know as we were a little concerned about going into the water.

This was our 8th visit to Bali n we think it's better than The Legian, The Samaya, Kayumanis Jimbaran, Alila Soori ( which is great too but too much rubbish on the beautifully soft black
sand beach), Alila Ulawutuu ( great architural sight but no beach as it's perched on cliff top)

We re contemplating to head back in a month for a week before I can't fly anymore as the rest of Asia is having monsoons . St Regis is definitely in mind when we make a booking. but wondering if there will be addition of choices to their already fantastic menus . Except breakfast at Boneka which we wouldn't change a thing. It's really the best breakfast in any resort that we had been to, unforgettable in fact ;)

My husband n I definitely feel rejuvenated n hopefully our second stay ( if we do decide to revisit) within such a short time would be just as good .

Dear Gingersnaps,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

We are pleased to know that you had a memorable stay with us recently and that we contibuted in some small way in making your stay with us a pleasant and memorable one.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for considering The St. Regis Bali Resort for your holiday destination and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to this paradise island.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Spent 2 nights here
Way over the top price wise based on facilities
It really looks like it needs an upgrade as starting to look at bit tired both in the rooms and around the pool
Although our stay was uneventful we had higher expectations based on reviews
The food quality at all resturants is great
The wine prices are too high
Considering we purchased same wines at resturants in semingyak at 50 per cent cheaper its a bit rude to gouge your captive customers like that

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear AjmMelbourne,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience you experienced whilst residing at The St. Regis Bali Resort. We at St. Regis understand the importance of fulfilling our guest's expectation and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our shore with a negative impression.

We are happy that you like the quality of our food and we have noted your comment in regards to our beverage prices. We would like to inform that unfortunately the tax for imported alcohol in Indonesia has drastically increased which make wines and spirit exorbitant expensive comparing to sales prices in the countries they are produced. We may also mention that all our prices include already the standard 21% additional tax and service charge which are applied in all 5 stars hotels & resorts.

Through constructive feedback of this nature we are able to isolate the finer details in customer and guest satisfaction in order for us to focus our attention to constantly striving to exceed guest expectations

In closing I would like to thank you for choosing The St. Regis Bali Resort. I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Bali

Monaco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I am currently staying at this wonderful hotel. By this I unfortunately refer only to the setting and the architecture. It is really nice, and at first glance it seems like paradise on earth.

I do not want to go further into these details because there are enough reviews that better describe the beauty of the resort and its details.

I have two major complaints about this hotel:

Waking up - involuntarily:

The staff is really noisy in the morning, walking with loud steps through the corridors and slamming the service doors. Yesterday I thought they had a bad day, and it was a one time experience, but this morning - same thing again! The noise generally starts at 9 in the morning. It is not too early, I agree. But as I am from Europe and still suffer a slight jet lag it is very annoying not to be able to find the quietness and rest you would expect from this high class hotel. Another thing is the "over-motivated" butler. He was ringing my doorbell, so I remembered that I did not hang out the do not disturb sign - MY BAD. Then I told him from the inside of my room to come back later. He rang the doorbell again, and a couple of seconds later AGAIN! I hit the do not disturb button next to the door and went back to bed. Minutes later he called the room phone which makes an awful noise, I picked it up and it was again him... only to tell me that we could have yoga classes this morning if we wanted to...

I asked them kindly not to call me again before 12 just to make sure - guess what happened this morning!? 9 o'clock sharp my phone rang again, all to tell me something that I did not ask for and it was no valuable information to me. The good point: I never missed breakfast :-)

Restaurant - Wine

The prices of the wine are ridiculous. I know fairly much about wine and I don't mind paying more than 150 Euros for a bottle. They have a large selection of wines, New Zealand, Australia, France, California and so on. There is not one single bottle under 100 Euros even if it is the the most common and sour Chardonnay on planet earth! I have never seen this before! The problem is really not the price, but it is this feeling of being robbed only because you choose to have wine with your meal...

Unfortunately I can not recommend this hotel, because you can not really enjoy your holiday the way you deserve.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear GuestGB,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post your comprehensive and detailed comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us. We at St. Regis understand the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our shores with a negative impression.

I was most concern to read about your comment in regards to the noise at the corridor and the lack of emotional intelligence of our butler on guest needs. Please rest assured that I have personally spoken to the respective departments responsible for the areas where your valuable feedback highlighted the need for improvements and accordingly they will follow up with our associates in an effort to improve our product and service standard.

We have noted your comments in regards to our food & beverage prices and like to inform that unfortunately the tax for imported alcohol in Indonesia has drastically increased over the last two years which make wines and spirits exorbitant expensive especially comparing them to sales prices in the countries they are produced. We may also mention that all our prices include already the standard 21% additional tax & Service charge which are applied in all 5 star hotels & resorts.

Total customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your constructive feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

With this in mind again thank you for your feedback and I hope I will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort on your next trip to Bali.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We had a fantastic time at this hotel! It was very relaxing and hard to leave to go shopping or do anything else. We had one of the Lagoon Access Villas and the decor is something to see as is the whole resort. We really relaxed and enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. I loved the bedroom and bathroom areas although as another reviewer pointed out - no where to plug in the hairdryer which I found very strange as they really have thought of everything else. The living area was great (including pop up TV!!!) with Kitchenette and Powder Room. The outdoor area was fantastic with small pool, a Bale that I loved to sit in and read and outdoor lounges with table/ umbrella. I personally did not like the sun lounges as they are curved and you cannot lay out flat. I loved other pieces of furniture and materials they have used in the decor.

The Breakfasts at Boneka are fantastic but you must ask if there is something you would like. It is set out like a buffet but you are served and anything you want they will do.

I loved the Gourmand Deli. I haven't come across this concept at a Resort before but you can get I would say lunch/afternoon snack meals , chocolates, chips etc and my husbands favourite - the icecream bar! While you are there enjoy a complimentary strawberry or two and drizzle chocolate all over it from the Chocolate Fountain!

We did not use the beach area as we were content with our Villa, however we went for walks down there and it is the nicest beach area I have found out of any resort I have stayed at in Bali. It was very clean and the bar looked fabulous with laydown lounges at the bar!

All through the property there were sculptures, an Orchid Garden that was really amazing when you take the time to look, Chefs Garden and just beautiful palms and plants everywhere.

The Staff were wonderful and extremely obliging especially the Staff servicing our Room and the Butlers who could not do enough for us.

The Spa was gorgeous and unique in its decor. I enjoyed a few massages - the last one in particular was fantastic! I splurged and had the Four Hands Ayus Lomi treatment and my skin has never felt so good!

There is a Fire Show every night at 6.30 and it really is great to see (we did not bother until 1/2 way through our time but it is very worthwhile).

Please note - tipping is included in the prices (I didn't realise until the last days). One great thing is the prices include the ++ so you know exactly what you are paying for. I am pretty sure this is the case for the eating places and the spa. Not sure about items at Gourmand Deli.

In all we very much enjoyed our time and cannot wait to return and recharge the batteries! Thank you to all at St Regis Nusa Dua!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
TheStRegisBali, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Bali Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Steph23,

Greetings from The St. Regis Bali Resort!

We are pleased to know that you had a memorable stay with us recently and that we contributed in some small way in making you stay with us a pleasant and memorable one.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for considering The St. Regis Bali Resort for your holiday destination and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back on your next visit to this paradise island.

Hotel Manager

Been to The St. Regis Bali Resort? Share your experiences!