“Always love it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 174 hotels in Kuta
Tokyo, Japan
“Always love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I love this hotel and have stayed here for years! The staff is so friendly and personable.. It feels like everyone is looking out for you. The hotel is located on a fairly busy street but once you enter it is its own private paradise. Its also nice to have good restaurants and shops closeby. The rooms are simple and some are starting to look a little worn but at the end of the day it's such a comfortable place, it doesn't matter. The pool is nice and the hotel restaurant has great food. It's a smaller place with a great vibe. I've stayed in lots of other places in Bali but I always come back to Kusnadi. . I'm only hesitant to write this review because I want to make sure I can get a booking next time I'm in Bali!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Kusnadi on the recommendation of my sister, who had been coming back there for years, as had many of the people I spoke to who were staying there.

According to her, this year there had been a lot of change of staff, so she wasn't 'feeling the love' that she had in previous years, that rapport that you build up seeing the same people over time.

As it was my first time here, I thought the staff were very friendly, helpful to a fault, and really couldn't have been better.

I stayed in one of the poolside superior rooms, paid 550,000R per night, which my sister organised last year, so this was 'last years' price. Good sized room, king sized bed, aircon & fan, TV, bar fridge, 2 bottles of water supplied every morning, & buffet breakfast, the choices changing every day.
Bathroom was roomy, slightly tired looking, but after a week on Gili Trewangan oh so welcome. Shower, toilet & basin in one room, toiletries stocked daily.

Meals from the restaurant are on a par with similar places in the area, and although not a huge selection, the food is well presented & yummy. Being in Legian there is a wealth of options food wise anyway.

The pool & garden are beautifully kept & a lovely spot to unwind with your meal or bevvy of choice after a day of beaching, haggling or whatever else you get up to.

Location is great, you can walk through the Jayakarta at the end of the street to get to the beach, good food, mini marts, atms & sim card dealers are all really close.

I loved the Kusnadi, would go back again anytime.

• Stayed July 2012
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just back from our second visit to Kusnadi. Even with the recent price rise this Hotel is still extremely good value in my opinion. We had Room 110 (Superior) for the second time and paid $57 AUD per night. The room had a fresh coat of paint, the gardens were actually even better than what I remembered them. I did`nt have breakfast (not really a breakky person) but my husband did every morning and he said it was great.

The staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful. The location of the Kusnadi is good, I do prefer to be on the beach though. The laundry right next door is good (so handy!), plenty of good restaurants close by.

I have found the Kusnadi to be extremely prompt in replying to emails when I have enquired about accomodation, nothing is too much trouble - great Hotel!

I had spent 6 days in Sanur at the Griya Santrian with my sister before moving to Kusnadi (to meet up with my husand). I was a little concerned how I would adjust to the Kusnadi after being at the Griya (Suite at the Griya!) but it was fine and as good as ever.

melbourne australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

to get into the kusnadi you have to front up at the front desk, dont bother emailing them,they like to see you.this is a great idea.
brekkie is great,pool is too.staff out of this world for friendliness.nothing much more to say really,i am here for 8 weeks as i write this on their wifi.

Room Tip: not saying our room no.we want it again next year.find out for yourself.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We just stayed in Kusnadi for the 4th time in 5 years. To us Kusnadi is the "true" Bali experience... The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and the staff is very friendly. We were there for our honeymoon, and the room was nicely decorated with flowers at arrival:o)The room we stayed in (#210-Deluxe Garden View) was really great and so has the superiors been when we have stayed there. We will definitely come back to Kusnadi again....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have stayed at Kusnadi a few times over the years and pleased to say that most of the rooms seem to have had a fresh coat of paint, a simple thing but it makes for a freshness that is appreciated. In keeping with this, the prices have also gone up but in fairness it is the first time time in 4 years so not unreasonable. Kusnadi is a peaceful Balinese compound with rooms around the pool or in the lush tropical gardens (my favourite). Breakfast buffet seems to be what the majority of the travelers want , hearty and a bit stodgy. I have fresh fruit and poached eggs which is just perfect. The location is very good, walking distance to the beach, shopping, restaurants, bars etc. The staff, being Balinese, are a delight always with smiling faces and a willingness to assist whenever required. Prices start at $45 for a standard room through to $100 per night for the penthouse.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms around the garden as they are quietand but the rooms around the pool are very pop...
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The best thing about Kusnardi is the staff, they are very friendly.
I got moved around 4 times in 17 days as it was a last minute trip, so that's not their fault. Out of the 4 rooms, 1 was excellent, 2 of them were good, out of one of those (room 201) i don't know how two suitcases can fit in the room, my bags just fit. Apart from that the room was great. The last room, i didn't want to sleep or be there. I had possums jumping on my roof among other weird noises. I was in the far bottom corner in amongst the trees (garden view), no neighbour (no wonder), it smelt, air con didn't work, they fixed it, it broke ended up putting a new one in. Mozzies everywhere cause it was damp and a hole in the roof of the bathroom!
Apparently a storm hit one night and a tree went through the tiles and that room got flooded, hence why damp and the hole! As long as my bags were packed all my stuff had been transferred to other rooms for me whilst i was out.
I can't clarify this but i had a bunch of DVD's missing, i went in a large group, so they might have ended up with my friends stuff but a bag went missing as i said i cant point my finger at the hotel though.
Breaky not so good, not a big variety and very simple, I ate there a few times then went down the road.
Found the pool abit small, if there was a group of people in there or kids mucking around you didnt really have anywhere to go

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Kusnadi Hotel? Share your experiences!