“Beautiful staff, excellent service, wonderful accomodation.” 5 of 5 stars

Kusnadi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Werkudara Street no 518, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #51 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Stuck at home
“Beautiful staff, excellent service, wonderful accomodation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Just had an amazing week at this hotel, then moved on to the Holiday Inn at Kuta and just wanted to come back. You cannot go past the excellent service and friendly nature of the caring staff. Yes the rooms could do with a reno, and the bed I slept in could have been much softer, but at the end of the day those things did not worry me at all as I self comfortable, safe, cared for and cared about by some amazing people. It was so nice to be more than a room number, to walk into breakie and be known by name, your favourite brew ready and your fresh cooked food not far away. Could not recommend the place enought, and will definately be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am the bride that held her wedding at Kusnadi resort, you may have read a review from a sad Old lady with no life been inconvenienced for a matter of 8 hours & she did not spoil my day at all, it was wonderful occasion & the staff were fantastic, service amazing & rate still $30 - $40 per person per night. My husband did not have a NO care attitude in fact he was very sympathetic to the others guests being inconvenienced in any way. We take great offense to her comments & its probably not a bad thing that she doesn't return, I am sure she won't be missed next year. We had a great stay & will Definitely return & tell all our friends. Sometimes you just can't please negative people.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Pros
Reasonably priced for the location
Great pool
Breakfast and wifi included
Friendly staff

Cons
Rooms in need of a new coat of paint
Not very clean looking rooms and toilet
Hard beds and a sheet of cloth as blanket
Bad lighting - very dim

I guess I would return if I'm on a tight budget or for a one nighter. Perhaps I over-expected given the consistent good reviews on TA but I'm sure you could do worse elsewhere too..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Ryano55
I have been travelling to Bali for over 30 years
I have stayes at Kusnadi in excess of 20 times.I was intending to stay for 10 days in March 2012, managed to stay 8 days.A party had booked a wedding on March 8th, only stayed once before at Kusnadi Management of Kusnadi advised guests via flyer under door, that due to wedding all non wedding party guests would not be able to access pool, restrurant, room service/ no services avaible at all from 12.00 noon - 9.00pm or till end of wedding. Guests were still expected to pay full rate with no services for their money.
Several guests who are frequent return guests , some as frequent as I am, were upset about the arrangements /restrictions placed on us. We approached management for an explanation, he just basically stated that yes that there was a wedding happening and yes the pool etc was closed to all except wedding guests .no other explanation was forh coming . I approached management again with suggestions of how both wedding guests and other guests would be able to use facilities, he seemed to take all on board but didn't bother to communicate any out comes. I was labelled a trouble maker by wedding party/thanked for spoiling their wedding, the groom told me that he didn't really care what I thought or about any one else except his wedding party, so take it or leave it.
Management had $ signs in their eyes,I cancelled my remainding 2 days and May booking for 5 rooms. I will not be returning to Kusnadi.The rates have doubled since Feb 2011, nothing else has changed, no updates on rooms or service . Such a shame as staff are all hard working caring people, I also felt safe , especially as I often travel alone or with friends I have introduced to Kusnadi , most have become frequent return guests..
Plenty of good cheaper than this hotel arounfd, so i will just broden my horizons.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Kalgoorlie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

It was very easy to book directly through email with the Kusnadi and I dealt with the same person each time.
The room was clean and comfortable. It could do with a little refreshing, ie. the bathroom needed a repaint and the decor is dated but it was very adequate nonetheless.
Pool was very nice and while I didn't have young children with me there is a shallower section which I think would be great for families.
Buffet breakfast which was included in the room rate was simple but tasty and varied slightly each day which was good.
Staff were great, especially Dewi on reception.
Onsite outdoor massage available which I took advantage of, great to have it so conveniently available.
My one disappointment was there was no tea/coffee making facilities in our room (Superior room)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at Kusnadi for over 15 years and the prices have gone up dramatically.
They have recently put there prices up so far we will not be going back. There reason for this is because you now get a free small bottle of water with your room. Crazy and greedy.
My rewiew is based on the new prices. All things at the hotel were good based on old prices.

• Stayed November 2011
Darwin, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

It is with sadness I write that Kusnadi Hotel along with it seems most Hotels in Bali think they can double their prices and it is OK. I have booked flights for John and I to go back to Bali for his 60th Birthday in September even though I said I would not go back to Bali after holidaying in Vietnam. I sent Kusnadi Hotel an email to book a Deluxe Room for our 10 stay and was very shocked to be advised the price has almost doubled since April 2011. This little gem is now a very expensive little gem and way over priced. I am sure they have not improved their facilities or upgraded their rooms to warrant such a large increase in price. It might be OK for some travellers but I still want value for money. I would rather pay more, which is what we are doing and receive value for money. Loved our experience at Kusnadi in 2011 but we will not be back.
The way Bali is going it will be too expensive for the frequent traveller in the not to distant future. The Bali experience is not that good any more.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Kusnadi Hotel? Share your experiences!