“Nice Find!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of J Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added J Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
J Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kartika Plaza No. 20 | Bali, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #101 of 178 Hotels in Kuta
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked this hotel for our week long holiday and were quite pleased with our choice.
The hotel is located very close to the airport (less than 5 minites drive with no traffic). The lobby is nice and petit with a charming ambience.
Our room (Executive) was decently sized for two. However if you have more than 3 bags, it'll be a challenge to arrange them without bumping into one of them! Being a boutique hotel, they do have some limitations on what is offered, but what's offered is quite sufficient if you're not planning to stay in the room all day. The breakfast spread may seem limited at first glance, but trust me, it's quite more than enough if you don't plan to binge on variety.
The main Kuta beach is about a 10-15 min walk away, but you don't really realize how time flies cause there are so many mini shops, massage parlours and restaurants along the way to keep you occupied.
I'd recommend that you hunt for their internet offers to get a good deal on your rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room and spring a tad more for the Executive and above range of rooms. Some roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eko P, General Manager at J Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear NeoAaragoom,

Thank you for staying with us and provide us with your details valuable experience during your recent visit in February 2013.

We learnt some points of improvements from your comments and we will take it as our constructive feedback. First on the extra storage for the luggages and of course the variety of breakfast buffet. However we're glad that above all that, you appreciate our services and enjoy the hotel much during your week long holiday in Bali.

We certainly hope you that we may see you again on your next Bali Holiday visit. You are correct that we do heavy promotions on our internet web rate, we would also recommend this to all our guests!

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The price I got was very reasonable and I found the service to be very good. A nice location near the airport which has its upsides and downsides as with any location. It is a good place to get driven to other locations as you can get out to the main roads faster but you have to walk further to get to Kuta beach. The beer garden was good and the rooftop pool was fun. The room service was good and quite speedy, the front desk was helpful. The room was cleaned very nicely and I enjoyed having the safe and fridge. The minibar prices were reasonable for a hotel minibar. On the more negative side there was a faint smell of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room and the room's walls could absorb a little more noise. Also the rooftop bar was not in service but considering it was not their ON season this was understandable.

I think taking price into consideration this was a great place to stay. I have traveled pretty widely staying in the more budget conscious end of hotels and this place was one of the best of that class I have stayed in. I would recommend it to someone looking for good but reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Taran,

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel and services. We have carefully read your comment and enjoy reading and learning from every single input you have shared.

We appreciate your statement of " This place was one of the best of that class I have stayed in. I would recommend it to someone looking for good but reasonably priced hotel" .. We would definitely focus on "value for money" in deciding rate pricing on our internet rate distributions. We will strive to continuously be able to put the right pricing as valuable price for our future customers.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you again shortly!

Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel has unique stylish design, nicely presented for a 3* hotel although I still can't take the term boutique used on its name :). Location in the far end of Jalan Kartika Plaza still walkable to Discovery Mall (15 minutes) and lots of convenience stores as well as a Catholic Cathedral. Quite far to Kuta Beach but there is another beach to the direction of Holiday Inn Baruna (German Beach) which is just 7 minutes away

The room was fairly big, but I guess because I got the corner one (room #270). All amenities are well appreciated. No bath tube which I like, the shower worked well.

The breakfast buffet was standard, indeed, there were enough choices but had I stayed longer I could have been bored with the selection. It's mostly Asian/Continental which is understandable as I believe they cater mostly Asian and Australian guests.

They have a rooftop bar and swimming pool but I did not get the chance to enjoy it, however the rooftop pool is larger than I thought so it must be a good place to chill out. I am gonna make sure I would try it next time if I stay here again

I took hotel transport service to airport and paid only 50k a little more expensive than metered-taxi I guess but it's very convenient.

They should keep up the good work as there are lots of competition in the area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kongco,

We read details of your comments and feedback after your recent visit with us last Feb 2013. We really appreciate it!

We note your comment "They should keep up the good work as there are lots of competition in the area" as our spirit to continuously deliver exceptional services to all our future guests.
We may not be a "RITZ", but surely proud to serve our customer wholeheartedly. Glad to know that you enjoy your visit with us.

On your next holiday visit to Bali, do let us know as we would be very happy to make your visit a memorable one.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days n 2 nights. We ordered room service when we arrived, food looks nice but did not translate well with the taste. The room was small. There was a window, which u can see nothing but wall. There's no sunshine and i felt stuffy when entering the room. Furniture were old, didnt look as nice as in the pictures. It is situated about 20mins walk to the beach and shops. Overall, this hotel is ok, but i would not go back to this place.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Azmnu,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and shared with others about your experience via tripadvisor. We are very sorry to learn that you did not have a pleasant experience during your stay. We understood that you were staying in back-view room which you did not like it and felt stuffy every time you enter the room. We would have given you alternative room if we still have city view room available back then.

Also on the room service food that you commented that was not according to your expectations, we apologize on this as well. We will share this comment to our F&B kitchen team for their improvements.

We hope that we still have the opportunity to welcoming you back again so than you can feel the different on your next visit. Do advise us if we can somehow make another arrangement on your next Bali Holiday visit.

Kajang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The service is great, I think worth the money. Don’t put high expectation for the honeymoon travelers as this hotel not suitable and suit for friends or family only. the breakfast not many choices and breakfast dishes everyday is same. We get bored with the same menu for the breakfast as I stay there for 5 days. The room is average and the staff there are friendly. Walking distance to the beach a bit far but easy to get a cab, restaurant, convenient store and airport. the room and bathroom is clean. The swimming pool on the rooftop and there is a bar. Called the room service and they serve us very fast. The massage is good and price is reasonable. The view from the room is bad, as my room facing the wall. Overall, I’m satisfied with their service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Crystalfairel,

We appreciate your valuable feedback on your recent visit with us. We have noted your comments on our breakfast varieties. We would make sure our kitchen team to make some improvement on daily changes so our future customers will not get bored easily with the menu every day.

We are glad to know that you appreciate the services from our staffs, this our truly core value compare to others.

Hope we would have another opportunity to welcoming you back again, we deem excited to change your experience into a memorable one. Do let me know!

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Love the design and atmosphere, especially the roof top swimming pool. So relax with trance music and bar. Staff was welcoming and welcomed us with a drink (: Called for room service and they came up to our place quite fast. Love the room design

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Heedayah,

It was such beautiful notes you have shared with others about our hotel via trip advisor. We really appreciate it.

We are glad to know that you enjoy our staffs' services and you have had a memorable experience with our SKYPool.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and We would definitely be very happy to warm welcome you once again!

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

They gave me a room facing a white wall.

Food was nice
Staff was nice even though they keep assuming I'm local and talking to me in local dialect
I spent 15 minutes explaining to the spa attendant that I want to charge to room then pay when I check out - after each explanation they keep asking if I want to pay by cash :)

20 mins walk to Kuta beach
They have power outages in the morning so if you leave late (9 am on wards) might get to experience it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to J Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!