“Pictures not word a thousand words” 2 of 5 stars
Review of J Boutique Hotel

You added J Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
J Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kartika Plaza No. 20 | Bali, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #105 of 177 Hotels in Kuta
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Pictures not word a thousand words”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Ants in the bed... Bad bad mattress this hotel was reburbushed with cheap materials, rooms are ramshackled... Rooftop pool good view dirty towels cushions are dirty , hot tub( not hot) is dirty with grit and stains.
Downstairs bar is ok lots of traffic, breakfast is ok... Kuta is busy and has seen its best days... This hotel is to be avoided unless your on Valium double dose... We checked out after one night although booked for 4 and the manager was cool about it( they know the hotel is fatigued) went to Seminyak ... Much much better there.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were traveling on our way to Lombok and arrived into Bali at midnight. As we were departing again at 10 am the next morning we did not want to spend a lot of money on a room. The hotel was $US 79 for the night and included breakfast.

The hotel is close to the airport and arranged complimentary transfers to and from the airport. Unfortunately they did not tell us about the transfers and so when we arrived we caught a taxi but we made use of the transfer when we left.

The hotel is old but has been renovated and, for the amount we paid, represented good value for the limited time we needed a room. The renovation has had some thought put into it and is a shabby chic look.

The breakfast was okay, again for the price of the room we did not expect a lot.

We would stay again if we were transitting through Bali.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I went there 25-28 August 2012. It only takes 10minutes from Ngurah Rai airport. To Kuta beach is 20-30minutes by walkong. To shops in Jl. Legian is also 20-30minutes by walk. In front of the hotel there is circle K and small dimsum shop, but the hotel also provide beer and drink in hotel area. There is Discovery mall in 10minutes walk to the left. Taxis passing by a lot.

So far Im really satisfied with the room, the swimming pool (at the roof top is really beautiful to stay there at night or in the morning, the spa is also gooood! But my room in 312 is facing a wall so no sunlight came in.

The thing I noticed was the process of checking took a bit long time. I didnt know why or maybe because I reserved it via asianroom.com so they had to proceed it first.

Love staying there. Will count it as a hotel I would like to stay again next time in Bali!

• Stayed August 2012
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My sister in law and I stayed here in Feb for 6 nights in a twin share. The hotel is a bit tired, even with the "renovation". Lumpy lino on the floor in our room and the bathroom was pretty average. The breakfast was also average, in terms of selection and quality. We enjoyed the rooftop pool. It was clean and had good views but was lacking shade for most of the day, with only a couple of sun lounges with shade overhead. We had a nice spa treatment one evening, some coconut wrap or something and it was reasonably priced. It was quite a walk to Kuta, say 1.5km and we never knew there was a shuttle service. However, we knew we were not going to be at the hotel very much, really only to sleep and for the price we paid, we couldn't complain.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Odense
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel for my last days in Bali and was very disapointed. It is nice in the lobby bu when you go to the rooms, things get worse. It may be renovated but it still feels outdated and worn down. I feel I was tricked. For same price I could have gotten room at Sun Islands.

Rooms do not have memory foam unlike they claim in description on hotels.com. First I got room 266, which has windows to the terrace of their cafe probably (did not seem open at a time), that is if you have curtains open you cannot have any privacy, because there will be people sitting and drinking right behind your window. Bathroom light was out, so it felt like dungeon. So I would suggest you avoid this room.

After coimplaining I got room 326 which had better layout, but still no memory foam matrace! View out to the street which is noisy, window isolation is absent. It is not even a window that opens!

Roof pool used to be nice, I mean it! Cabana's cushioning dirty and broke. The smaller pool had broke tiles. Floor in pool area needs polish.

Such a shame I am stuck in this hotel for the rest of my holiday. Have not yet had breakfast, but mymexpectations are below 0. Probably the only good thing is the Internet in the room (made this review possible). I am never returning to this hotel after my holiday is done.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. In need of a paint throughout but the rooms decent and the staff very helpful. Free car to the airport a bonus. Wifi throughout. Location not great but a quieter option for Kuta.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are ok but some need a good scrub and rooms smell like cigarette and the towels smell like cigarette too. People smoke where the lift is which is disgusting some of the workers even smoke in the lobby lounge area. Breakfast is average hardly no selection of fruits and a couple of the mornings the croissants have been stale. The rooms are fine but i think there are some spots that need a good scrub down,and they have flat screen tvs and u can ask to borrow a DVD player if u want but I think they only have one available. Air con is good sometimes there was no hot water in the shower but has gotten hotter over the days. The staff are helpful but this is my second stay and I am sorry but I won't be coming back. It's not really a holiday hotel it's more for someone who likes to have no one around. The pool has a nice view but the cabanas are run down and there is not much shade once the sun is on you. They need to have a sun shade of some sort and need new cabanas. Thanks anyway j boutique but i think a lot needs to improve I must say that the rooms are cleaned always straight away but I think the rooms need a scrub around the edges and all curtains need a good wash

• Stayed July 2012

Been to J Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!