“Great price great place” 4 of 5 stars

Losari Hotel & Villas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Sahadewa No 19, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #116 of 174 hotels in Kuta
Adelaide
“Great price great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I loved this hotel the location is great the updated room was clean big everything I could ask for, I've always stayed in 5 star before this hotel was better as the rooms were alot bigger then what I've previously stayed in , there was renovations still happening no big deal they were respectful of the times they did this staff more than happy to help with anything you may have needed will be back again !

• Stayed April 2013

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

After two previous visits here I decided to bring my two children with autism after deeming it "safe and suitable" for them. The staff were fantastic, they removed the mini bar as requested before we moved into the room. A little hiccup with adjoining rooms on the first night but it was fixed the following day, they upgraded us in the mean time. Although the staff did not know the conditions of the children they kept a good eye on them. If one of locals came in to approach them they were quickly ushered right back outside the hotel. Still undergoing renovations but minimal noise and fuss. Always good to come back. See you all again next year with the rest of the family!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cairns, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This place was not only a joke but a disappointment. A travel agent arranged this for us and it was probably just as much my fault for trusting the word of someone that hadn't even stayed there.
we booked one of just 2 private villas which I assumed would promise luxury and comfort. I was wrong.
Firstly the villa was tiny. The entire room (including the dipping pool) was smaller than the deluxe room at our hotel in ubud.
But the real issues were as follows.
Initially the main issue was they could not provide us with a working key card to the room. They also couldn't tell us when the system issue would be fixed. We decided to stay with friends at another hotel that first night. Took them a entire day before we could get a working key.
The room was atrocious. Leaking roof in the bathroom with months of mould and mildew indicating it was a long term issue.
The air con barely worked and likely needed a refurb like the rest of the unit.
The dipping pool was ok apart from it being constantly full of dead leaves and flowers from the trellis above.
Dirty brown stains all over tiled floor.
I have no idea how tiles can get stained
There was loose wiring all over. Switches that didn't work. The main door on the villa would not lock. We saw maintenance but all his did was break the door lock. We had to leave all our stuff unsecured while there which is not ideal in this dodgy area.
Speaking of area the only entry to the hotel is via one of the shadiest back alleys in all over bali. We were constantly harassed while walking down there and even hiring a scooter wasn't enough to keep them at bay.
While these street hustlers are normally kept at a distance from hotel patrons by security the security at losari seem to have no problem allowing these vermin into the lobby so you will be harassed even before leaving the hotel. Very shabby.
The food is appalling. Room service comes in glad wrap which suggests it is all microwaved.
I also had some foul cocktails which I couldn't even drink and when I complained the bar manager refused to refund it even after I had not consumed more than a sip.

We were booked for 6 nights there and while we paid in advance we only stayed 3 opting to pay for another hotel room just to get away.

This shabby hotel almost ruined by bali trip. Very grateful I decided to look at other options.

Now I need to go and have a chat with a certain travel agent.

• Stayed February 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just returned from staying at the Losari for just short of a month and it was such a fantastic time. Each room is being renovated with new flat screen tv's, new mattresses, bath towels and modern decor. It is good to see a hotel that puts money back into it and not let it run into the ground. the bonuses are: It is in such a good location, it's a clean hotel with big rooms and great value for money. We even decided to have dinner at the restaurant and room service a few times and the food was delicious every time. Thanks Again Losari.

Room Tip: a great restaurant is Rosemarys in Garlic lane and Sheppys in Melasti street
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We were lucky after staying at the Losari for a week to get to stay in one of the rooms on 5th floor just renovated. Slowly all the tvs are being upgraded to flat screen. Having stayed in a lot of different rooms here, renovations will greatly improve the image of the Losari. i had booked my last 2 nights at the Jakatara 5star but after seeing and smelling my room i swapped with someone and stayed those last 2days at losari even though the other was twice as dear to stay. Before i left australia I
emailed losari and organised transfers.

• Stayed November 2012
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

A group of us stayed here for a weekend in Bali. 6 people booked 6 rooms for 4 nights. Check in went well, we arrived on an early flight and were at the hotel at about 10.00am.
We fully expected to be told that we would have to store our luggage and wait for our rooms to become available. This didn't happen, we were all placed in our respective rooms, 1 in our group even got an upgrade as there weren't enough rooms ready. The staff were friendly and helpful and quite professional. After checking out the rooms we went out for a walk and to have lunch, on our return our friend was told that he needed to vacate his upgraded room as now there were other rooms available. After some discussion it was agreed he could remain in the upgraded room.
The hotel is quite old and is in dire need of a refurbishment or at least a good paint job and a tidy up. The hotel description on it's web site says 'Art Deco' furniture', the furniture isn't so much Art Deco but just old and tired.
The pool is nice and there is a swim up bar that we used but it was never staffed, so when you wanted a drink you had to call out to the staff in the main bar and they would come and take your order.
There is really no one thing wrong with this hotel, it is just dated. The only thing that annoyed me was I was on the 2nd floor of a 6 level hotel and when I turned on the shower it took 6 minutes for the hot water to reach the tap. A very long time to be waiting.
The location is good, right on 'Garlic Lane' in Legian with shops etc right outside the hotel and the beach only 10 minutes walk away.
When friends have asked me what the hotel is like all I can say is, 'its was Ok but i probably wouldn't stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms above the road can be noisy at night, the cost of a suite isn't much more than for a delux...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Buderim, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I think to have a hotel with such friendly staff is great it makes your holiday more enjoyable.I think the breakfasts are great,and to have your rooms cleaned sheets changed daily makes it feel comfortable.the beach is 2 minutes walk and some great shops very close.
Value for money and the management very professional i would have no problem recommending this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: Higher the better for quietness. Get a larger room. Take youre own soap
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Losari Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!