“amazing hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

The Niche Bali
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   JL. 190, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #22 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“amazing hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My sister and I stayed at The Niche for the first time in Aug 2012 I have been traveling to Bali for
over 30 years and I have to say it is one of the Best hotel's I've stayed in, the room are nice and very clean, the staff couldn't do enough for you, the food was great and if it wasn't on the menu
all you had to do was ask and they would make it for you. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

As first timers in Bali, this place was perfect.Friends told us about it. The whole place has been refurbished, the pool is lovely. The hotel is clean, very freindly and helpful staff. Rooms are cleaned daily. We stayed upstairs near the lobby, noise want a problem. This place has a great friendly atmosphere. We will be back..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I booked in at the Niche Bali about a week out from arrival, hoping to get a room in order to join friends that had booked in there much earlier. I managed to get a standard room and booked 8 nights for a very reasonable cost of just under NZD$1,000.00 for the entire time.
Upon checkin late in the evening I was greeting by friendly professional staff, I was asked to sign a disclaimer to provide assurance I would adhere to the policy around noise after 10:00pm, which I was happy to do. I was also pleasantly surprised when I was told that I had been upgraded to a superior room (303)
I was provided assistance with my bags to the room and given a tour of the room, and shown where things were and provided with a demonstration of how to use the inroom safe. Then I was left to it.
The room was large, larger than room 301 which a friend of mine had booked (superior room) and was larger than 302 by the looks of the outside. The room was clean and spacious, a king size bed with comfortable mattress and pillows and a couch area at the end of the bed. There was a 42" LCD TV and a DVD player provided as was there an alarm clock with an iPod dock.
There was an automatic room freshener ( or maybe it was an automatic insect repeller) that puffed every so often. There was also an insect repellant electrical device with pads to plug in and warn off the mozzies. There was a large wardrobe with wooden coat hangers and 2 bathrobes provided, there were also drawers insider the robe as was there sets of drawers on either side of the king sized bed.
The bathroom was of a large size, fully tiled, consisting of the wall hung vanity, a glass enclosed shower and the toilet. The shower was great, lots of hot water and a good water pressure at all times. The toilet had to be flushed on a couple of occasions and sometimes the water flow was not immediate in terms of drainage in the toilet or the basin, and then all of a sudden it would flow perfectly, not a major problem and not enough of a inconvenience to complain about, I just got used to it and know that this can sometimes be an issue in many areas of Asia that I have travelled, so no too much out of the norm.
The rooms were cleaned daily and this was of a very high standard - I can be fussy and don't miss much, the sheets were cleaned, as were the towels ( although they were not pure white, they were clean) and the floors swept and mopped.
The apartment I had also had a private balcony with 2 chairs and a small table, an ashtray provided and matches (although I am not a smoker, it was certainly prepared for any guest that might be).
The resort itself is of a small scale, about 40 or so rooms over 2 levels and all built around the pool. The pool was clean and I also saw the edges and pool surrounds cleaned and scrubbed on a daily basis prior to most people rising from sleep. The pool is quite sedate in the mornings but can get a bit noisy in the afternoons depending on the guests. Happy hour from 4:00pm through 6:00pm. The pool had a nice swim up bar also.
A good standard of breakfast food provided, hot selections including egg station and a selection of cereal and fruit with tea, coffee, and juice, there was plenty to go around. The food available throughout the day was or a very good standard, I was surprised with the quality, if you like calamari - goes great with a beer around the pool for an afternoon snack.
The staff were lovely and can't be faulted, all bent over backwards to accommodate their guests, this was a well run ship, so to speak.
The Niche is set back from the street and you have to pass a couple of market stalls to get to the resort, I found a couple of them rude and quite frankly a pain in the neck, to the point where I became rude and just walked past as if they didn't exist, it seemed the only way to get peace from them, I can understand they are just trying to make a living, but they were just rude and arrogant.
I was very much appreciative of the ability to check out late as my flight was not until 11:00pm, I was charged a minimal charge of Rp400,000.00 which was very reasonable and enables me to use the room through until 6:00pm.
All in all I really enjoyed my time at the Niche Bali and would recommend to others, it pays to note that there were not quite enough sun loungers to accommodate all the guests and the sun does go down around 4:00pm due to the configuration of the building layout, but by the end of the day after spending most of it in the sun, it was a welcomed change. The beach is probably a good 20-30 minute walk from the Niche.
Thanks to all of the staff at the Niche for making our stay a great one.

Room Tip: The superior rooms of 301, 302 and 303 are great if you can get them and can navigate stairs. The g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here in July, we had two rooms between us, one on the ground floor and another upstairs. Yes there was some night club noise at night in the upstairs room, but you'd be very picky to be disturbed by it considering you also have air conditioning going. The rooms were clean, so were the bathrooms, linen changed daily and the cleaners were extremely thorough. Towels were not snow white, but they were clean and we weren't paying 5 star prices anyway. Breakfast had a good selection with a chef cooking eggs to suit. Other meals were reasonable and so were drinks, the cocktails were impressive for $6.50. Pool is in the middle, with the swim up bar, the hotel location is fantastic, you can walk all over the place, hotel is just off the main street, near the memorial. Staff at the hotel were friendly, the security guard and front desk manager keep an eye out all night, and also keep an eye on the laneway. The rooms feel secure, staff are honest and there is a room safe anyway. Travel adaptors are provided. Laundry is cheap and comes back ironed beautifully, and just for a change, you CAN afford to drink from the mini bar! We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you think you'd be disturbed by disco music, choose a downstairs room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I thought when I booked this hotel that with it being a small resort it would be nice and relaxing, but unfortunately I was wrong!! You could every noise, voice and footstep in the place. The doof doof music from the Bars near by was enough to drive you nuts, so getting a full night sleep wasnt an option. The rooms were a bit run down and the towels needed to be upgraded, (quite grey and old). The water pressure was no more than a dribble. But I guess you only get what you pay for. With it being down the end of an alley way, there was some market stalls you had to walk past to get to the hotel, we found the men who ran those stalls very rude and pushy when you wouldnt buy from them. They even went as far as abusing us as we walked past. I found this very unsettling especially at night time. The mini vans that sit at the end of the alley way for those wanting something bigger than a Taxi or those who couldnt be bothered walking to the main road to hail one, were a good idea, except we found that with 1 or 2 of them unless you were giving them a fare to the airport or longer they didnt want to know about you, which I found to be absurd since I would have thought any business would be better than no business! The pool was small and not ideal for sitting and relaxing around if more than 10 people were doing the same. The breakfast was ok...had worse but have had better too. The 1 fact I did like was the location to Kuta (although a little further away from the Nightclubs would have been better). The staff that we did encounter seemed friendly enough although maybe a bit aloof at times. All in all I dont think we would stay here again, but I guess for younger people or those who are not to fussy about where they stay wouldnt mind the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the bottom near the Day Spa are probably the best if you want a little peace and quiet...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My mum (62yrs) and I stayed at the Niche hotel for 4 nights. Upon arrival the staff were very friendly. Rooms were nice and clean and very modern with tv, dvd and bar fridge. The bathrooms were quite roomy and towels changed every day and beds made up every morning. Buffet breakfast was really nice with fresh fruit, cerials and juices, as well as hot buffet. If you want eggs for breakfast they are cooked to your liking.
The pool was big enough for us and had a swim up bar which was very popular among the other guests during our stay. The hotel is set back from the main road and was pretty quiet. Occasionely we could hear music from the nightclubs but we were aware of this before we stayed nad it wasnt loud enough to bother us.
The hotel is walking distance to alot of shops, and the Matahari shopping centre. We walked everywhere as everything was in close proximity to the hotel.
All the staff were so helpful and friendly and spoke english very well.
We would definately stay here again

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are better as you dont hear much noise from the nightclubs up the street
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I wanted a cheap get away for a few nights and saw this hotel.
From the minute we arrived we loved it. The staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble It's a lovely small boutique hotel with maybe 40 rooms. We were upstairs overlooking the pool and the rooms below were directly in front of the pool. Although the pool was not huge was just right for us and had a great swim up bar. The rooms were all fairly new and had everything you need. Yes we could faintly hear the clubs at night but that was to be expected and it really wasn't loud enough to bother us. We have since recommended it to other friends who loved it although we would not take the kids there as its not really suitable but that was exactly what we wanted

Room Tip: Make sure you specify if you want a room around the pool as they do have others behind.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Niche Bali? Share your experiences!