The best thing about this accommodation was the pool. It was large and had noodles to play with and good lighting for swimming at night. All of the rest of the hotel's lighting was terrible, especially on the long walk from the room to the main road, I slipped in a large pile of mud and almost landed on my face because I couldn't see where I was going. The room was also quite dark and the water stank like rotten eggs or sulfur. There were also loads of mosquitoes in the room that made it very difficult to sleep at times because there was no mosquito netting around the bed. But the main reason that I gave this place a poor rating is because one of the hotel employees tried to swindle us by asking us if we needed a taxi, which we did, and then trying to shove us into his friend's car without telling us a price and then trying to charge us $6 to go somewhere that only costs 1 or 2 dollars in a metered taxi. At over fifty dollars a night, the staff should be better than that. There are better places to stay at better prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unlike many budget category hotels , Matahari Bungalow has a large open garden and swimming pool. Cozy hotel at strategic place gives more value for budget hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Bungalow Bar And Restaurant
- Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Hotel Kuta
- Matahari Hotel Bar
- Matahari Bungalow Bar & Restaurant Bali/Kuta