“Basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa

You added Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa to your Saves list
Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Legian No. 363, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
40% off room rate
Ranked #31 of 179 Hotels in Kuta
Brisbane, Australia
“Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Not my cup of tea.. The reception staff seemed to be shuffling quite a bit of paper for 4 of them at the front desk but no one really knew what was going on.. I am not sure who manages the place but it was distinctly different from the 2 other places I stayed.. The hotel is basic but due to the pool access rooms, you paid a much higher rate.. the pathways were slippery as anything which is ridiculous in a tropical climate where it rains regularly.. a child or elderly person could have a serious accident and this needs to be looked into particulalry around the bridge area.. the location is good if you want to be in Kuta, close to the bars and 'red light' district so to speak.. Rooms were clean and comfortable.. Wifi available at the restaurant only.. Food was good at the restaurant both for breakfast and lunch although the congee slow cooker did give me an electric shock which was hilarious trying to explain that to the staff without them getting a shock (sorry staff member who I explained it to but who ended up getting her own shock).. look, there wasn't anything that I hated about the place, I just think the whole 'swim up' thing is overrated and not worth the money in a place that is actually a budget property.. Thanks but I won't be back..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Indonesian first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is our second stay in this hotel. the first was our honeymoon 4 years ago. back then we had the pool access room but this time we went for a private pool villa. the room was great. had a walk in wardrobe room, outdoor bath tub, nice garden, big enough private pool to enjoy a dip. the creeper on the walls makes it look like you are sectioned off from the rest of the hotel by hedges and have your own private outdoor room. The large public hotel pool is fantastic and has a bar in it and many sections if you want privacy. The location of this hotel is perfect for us as it is close to everything that we need. Perhaps what separates this hotel from others is the staff. The staff were always happy to help and were very friendly. it is great to be greeted at breakfast every morning with a friendly hello. We travelled with our 7 month old son and the staff were great with him and the hotel was happy to provide a cot. We have stayed in some much more expensive hotels in bali, but the staff at Kuta Lagoon are by far the friendliest and most helpful. even the security guards at the top of the laneway that separated the hotel from the street were very helpful and friendly.

Thanks Kuta Lagoon

Room Tip: Private pool villa is great if you are after a quiet holiday, pool access room is probably a bit mor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I think this hotel doesn't need much explanation because it is known to many that the hotel offers GOOD service, AMAZING rates, GREAT location and NICE facilities. How else would you want it?They also have Kiblat sticker pointing to the Kiblat direction (not many Bali hotel's have this). Maybe they can improve on the food to make it more friendlier to Muslims (just my thoughts! May not apply to others) I just love them and hope I can come here again. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villas!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Cannot fault the Kuta Lagoon for service or accommodation. Our last trip to Bali was broken into 3 segments. 2 days at the Kuta Lagoon, followed by three days in Ubud, then back to Kuta Lagoon for seven days.

The first two days we were in an Upstairs room. Quite spacious with a big four poster bed, overlooking the pool (Most of these rooms do).

We were able to leave some of our luggage behind for the trip up to Ubud and on return they greeted us like long lost friends, I soon found out why as it was my birthday, they had decorated the bed with a happy birthday sign made out of frangipani petals and given me the most beautiful bunch of flowers. I have to stay that the staff were a big factor in how pleasant the stay was.

This room was a pool access room and it was wonderful, being able to walk off the balcony and directly into the pool was a treat.

The buffet breakfast each morning was excellent. The choices were varied and the staff once again were great. It was nice to be welcomed by name after the first couple of days.

There is a lot of work going on in updating the rooms and maintaining the buildings, we spent a couple of afternoons on our Balcony watching the villas across from us having their roofs re-thatched, We will stay here again next time in Kuta, and maybe even try to upgrade to one of the private villas that we had a quick peek at. They had their own pool and looked lovely and private.

Room Tip: There is a pool bar at one end of the pool so I would request the room to be up the other end if you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Kuta Lagoon we love staying here , and this time we are gring our daughter and friend with us . This is our 7th stay and the service and the staff are the best. We recommend Kuta to everyone that are planing a trip .

Room Tip: be friendly and polite as they may us up grade you pay alittle more so you are not on the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at Kuta Lagoon for 13 nights November to December 2012, we were in the pool access room directly opposite the pool bar. We never had a problem with noise and definitely no mosquitos, although they would fog for mosquitos in the late afternoons. While the rooms were small, who wants to be staying in the rooms other than sleeping in them!!!!! Too much shopping and activities to do instead. Breakfasts were always nice and varied and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Close to everything but hidden away from the crazy noises of Bali. We would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at Kuta Lagoon in August. We had booked a pool access room. The rooms were rathr small compared to other places we had stayed in Bali, particuarly as this was the most expensive in our 3 week budget trip. We were booked for 7nights but ended p checking out after 2. Why? many reasons but mainly due to mozzies - after the first night I was covered in bites, the water pump outside our room was broken and was sooo noisey (yes we did mention to staff).
We shared an entrance to the pool with the room next to us, there were no steps into the pool only a ledge, this made it very difficult to get out of the pool back onto our room access. The neighbours were loud and fighting/partying all night. The staff were lovely, however I was not willing to continue our stay here.
InitiallyI was told that I could not get a refund, however I had read the terms of booking and I knew that so long as I forfieted 1 nights fee I could recieve the remaining refund. And eventually that happened, however I was told 3 times very politely "sorry my boss says No". So I politely said "tell your Boss Yes you can" and I just sat in the lobby and waited after about 45mins it all worked out and we went and booked into The Jayakarta for $15 less per night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa? Share your experiences!