“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 174 hotels in Kuta
Newcastle
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at Kuta Lagoon in August. We had booked a pool access room. The rooms were rathr small compared to other places we had stayed in Bali, particuarly as this was the most expensive in our 3 week budget trip. We were booked for 7nights but ended p checking out after 2. Why? many reasons but mainly due to mozzies - after the first night I was covered in bites, the water pump outside our room was broken and was sooo noisey (yes we did mention to staff).
We shared an entrance to the pool with the room next to us, there were no steps into the pool only a ledge, this made it very difficult to get out of the pool back onto our room access. The neighbours were loud and fighting/partying all night. The staff were lovely, however I was not willing to continue our stay here.
InitiallyI was told that I could not get a refund, however I had read the terms of booking and I knew that so long as I forfieted 1 nights fee I could recieve the remaining refund. And eventually that happened, however I was told 3 times very politely "sorry my boss says No". So I politely said "tell your Boss Yes you can" and I just sat in the lobby and waited after about 45mins it all worked out and we went and booked into The Jayakarta for $15 less per night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed it here at Kuta Lagoon Resort. The workers are very friendly, rooms are clean, pool is cleaned everyday, 34hour room service and it is very quiet and peaceful. Kuta Lagoon Resort is very safe, because they have security checks out the front and they always ring and ask is this person allowed to your room. Kuta Lagoon Resort also has the shops right out the front and it is great if you need an extra suitcase from purchasing to many things.I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

very very cool place pool access is just as good as in photos.. Its almost as good as private pool really!! Location great its less than 5 mins to garlic lane and about 10ish minutes to poppies lane etc. Perfect in middle of kuta and legian

• Stayed December 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Located close to anything that you could possibly want to do in kuta or legian like surfing or shopping and yet, far enough from the commotion of the city so that relaxing becomes a part of everyday life in kuta lagoon.

The staff are beyond kind, they are the most respectful, courteous and fun people that I have ever met that work in a hotel. The food is exceptional! Buffet breakfast never disappointed us and the cafe always provided choice meals. Our favorite was nasi goreng Chinese with a pizza ala lagoon on the side. Price is affordable and our villa was so relaxing and comfortable, it made any return to the hotel feel like home.

When I come back to Bali I will be at kuta lagoon.

Mr. Kallum

Room Tip: The pool can get loud at night closer to the bar end and gets quiet by at least 10pm, but regardless...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Firsty let me say GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY- we paid $500 for 2 people for a week in a private villa-without a pool, including breakfast

I stayed at this hotel 4-11 December 2012 with my boyfriend. It is a smaller, romantic hotel which is great for spending time together and doing your own thing. The markets are left out of the driveway and turn first left, they are about 50 m down on the right. There are other shops right at the end of the driveway. You can turn right at the end of the driveway and go towards poppies land and the main kuta drag.

The hotel is clean and the gardens are maintained beautifully. This is a 3 star hotel but it is really good value for money especially if you book on agoda or hoteltravels etc. the hotel will charge you more for the same rooms. It is a little rundown but not in a dirty way. a bit of paint would pull it up to scratch. It is typically bali.

Breakfast is good at the hotel, we really only eat bacon, eggs and fruit when we go on holidays, so it did get a bit boring after a while. Coffee Corner is on the way to the markets and has free wifi and great breakfasts. my BF liked the coffee there too as the hotels is a bit cheap.

The pool is great. Its about 100m long and winds along. There is a little swim up bar, which the staff tend to walk away from. But its easy enough to get someone there, alls you need to do is ask. dont forget this is a 3 star hotel and some times you have to ask the obliging staff for help.
try the bali gali cocktail, its fruity delicious and potenent at the same time.

We stayed in a villa without the private pool and think it was the best we could have chosen. 5 steps to the actual pool, which was great after i had too many cocktails the night before. these rooms are bigger than the swim up rooms. it also had an outdoor bathroom-which was exciting but never used the bath. too busy swimming. the air-con worked a treat and after swimming was too cold! the room was made up and tidied every day and the staff were always super friendly.

Do not tell the women across the road you will be back to get your nails done. They hassled me every time i walked out the driveway. Just say no not ill come back later . Did go to Berlin spa on the left as you walk out of the hotel, they did my toes with little flowers- great job. They did a great job of scraping all the dead skin of my feet :)

we ate the hotel for luch a couple of times and the club sandwiches were fantastic. as was the lagoon nasi goreng. blue skies is at the end of the driveway on the right. it has good food and drinks. the staff here are fantastic and speak very good english.
there is a mini mart on the private driveway of the hotel, which is great for getting mixers for your duty free or some chips to go with it.

There are mosquitos, but no more than we have at home. buy some coils, aeroguard from the minnie mart. it will be fine. the hotel also does fogginf twice a week

Also out Aussie dollar is really strong at the moment. And they all know it and dont mind mentioning it before you pay for something. say your from new zealand and then maybe they wont look at you like your a dollar sign

We ate at Mozzarella's, Gosha's, MooMoo Bar, Blue skies, for cheap delicious meals. We went up to La Lucciolas as a posh dinner. it cost about $100 for 2 of us. It was the best service and food I have had for a long time. Fantastic Italian cuisine. The setting on the beach is to die for. Go at sunset,

This hotel is great for a cheap, relaxing or romantic holday. i would not recommend this hotel for children-no facilities to keep them occupied. i will stay at the kuta lagoon again. next time i may try the pool access rooms
- sad to leave,

Room Tip: villa without the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had wanted to stay at this hotel for ages just to check out the pool access rooms.
The rooms were of a reasonable size, clean and comfortable. The pool access was a great idea. I had a friend stay with me who wasn't too keen on showing her body off so being able to go straight from our room to the pool suited her. The hotel is looking a little dated but the staff do their best with what is available. Breakfast was fine, the standard buffet fare. Service was also good. I was a bit concerned when I had to pay for my 6 night stay up front. Usually I pay 1 days deposit and the remainder when I check out. The little shop at the front of the hotel was handy and the prices compared well with similar shops on the streets.

Room Tip: Pool access
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Moora, Western Australia, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here in November/December 2012 for 10 nights and I actually got 2 nights sleep. Definately the wrong time of year to travel here, all the schoolies were at the hotel we did not mind the music or noise during the day but you could not swim as they were jumping off the top floor balconies, knocking on doors all night, phoning the rooms between 1 & 3am and smashing up furniture. We were sick of complaining to the staff who's only reply was unplug the phone and we are making them pay for damages so we had to leave to other accomodation when checking out the only reply we got for leaving early was we cannot refund your money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa? Share your experiences!