“Relaxing, cocktails, shopping, food, napping” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa

You added Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa to your Saves list
Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Legian No. 363, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Early Bird
Ranked #36 of 184 Hotels in Kuta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Relaxing, cocktails, shopping, food, napping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Firsty let me say GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY- we paid $500 for 2 people for a week in a private villa-without a pool, including breakfast

I stayed at this hotel 4-11 December 2012 with my boyfriend. It is a smaller, romantic hotel which is great for spending time together and doing your own thing. The markets are left out of the driveway and turn first left, they are about 50 m down on the right. There are other shops right at the end of the driveway. You can turn right at the end of the driveway and go towards poppies land and the main kuta drag.

The hotel is clean and the gardens are maintained beautifully. This is a 3 star hotel but it is really good value for money especially if you book on agoda or hoteltravels etc. the hotel will charge you more for the same rooms. It is a little rundown but not in a dirty way. a bit of paint would pull it up to scratch. It is typically bali.

Breakfast is good at the hotel, we really only eat bacon, eggs and fruit when we go on holidays, so it did get a bit boring after a while. Coffee Corner is on the way to the markets and has free wifi and great breakfasts. my BF liked the coffee there too as the hotels is a bit cheap.

The pool is great. Its about 100m long and winds along. There is a little swim up bar, which the staff tend to walk away from. But its easy enough to get someone there, alls you need to do is ask. dont forget this is a 3 star hotel and some times you have to ask the obliging staff for help.
try the bali gali cocktail, its fruity delicious and potenent at the same time.

We stayed in a villa without the private pool and think it was the best we could have chosen. 5 steps to the actual pool, which was great after i had too many cocktails the night before. these rooms are bigger than the swim up rooms. it also had an outdoor bathroom-which was exciting but never used the bath. too busy swimming. the air-con worked a treat and after swimming was too cold! the room was made up and tidied every day and the staff were always super friendly.

Do not tell the women across the road you will be back to get your nails done. They hassled me every time i walked out the driveway. Just say no not ill come back later . Did go to Berlin spa on the left as you walk out of the hotel, they did my toes with little flowers- great job. They did a great job of scraping all the dead skin of my feet :)

we ate the hotel for luch a couple of times and the club sandwiches were fantastic. as was the lagoon nasi goreng. blue skies is at the end of the driveway on the right. it has good food and drinks. the staff here are fantastic and speak very good english.
there is a mini mart on the private driveway of the hotel, which is great for getting mixers for your duty free or some chips to go with it.

There are mosquitos, but no more than we have at home. buy some coils, aeroguard from the minnie mart. it will be fine. the hotel also does fogginf twice a week

Also out Aussie dollar is really strong at the moment. And they all know it and dont mind mentioning it before you pay for something. say your from new zealand and then maybe they wont look at you like your a dollar sign

We ate at Mozzarella's, Gosha's, MooMoo Bar, Blue skies, for cheap delicious meals. We went up to La Lucciolas as a posh dinner. it cost about $100 for 2 of us. It was the best service and food I have had for a long time. Fantastic Italian cuisine. The setting on the beach is to die for. Go at sunset,

This hotel is great for a cheap, relaxing or romantic holday. i would not recommend this hotel for children-no facilities to keep them occupied. i will stay at the kuta lagoon again. next time i may try the pool access rooms
- sad to leave,

Room Tip: villa without the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had wanted to stay at this hotel for ages just to check out the pool access rooms.
The rooms were of a reasonable size, clean and comfortable. The pool access was a great idea. I had a friend stay with me who wasn't too keen on showing her body off so being able to go straight from our room to the pool suited her. The hotel is looking a little dated but the staff do their best with what is available. Breakfast was fine, the standard buffet fare. Service was also good. I was a bit concerned when I had to pay for my 6 night stay up front. Usually I pay 1 days deposit and the remainder when I check out. The little shop at the front of the hotel was handy and the prices compared well with similar shops on the streets.

Room Tip: Pool access
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Moora, Western Australia, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here in November/December 2012 for 10 nights and I actually got 2 nights sleep. Definately the wrong time of year to travel here, all the schoolies were at the hotel we did not mind the music or noise during the day but you could not swim as they were jumping off the top floor balconies, knocking on doors all night, phoning the rooms between 1 & 3am and smashing up furniture. We were sick of complaining to the staff who's only reply was unplug the phone and we are making them pay for damages so we had to leave to other accomodation when checking out the only reply we got for leaving early was we cannot refund your money.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This a lovely little hotel I stayed in a deluxe room with 2 teenage girls there was enough room we were not cramped
The hotel itself is in a great location and the staff are wonderful. The breakfast is lovely and the menu changes each day
We did not use the spa as we were told by others staying at the hotel that they were very unprofessional and laughed all the time time they were having a treatment
There is a very good and inexpensive Spa across the road called Inner Glow and they also sterilise their utensils.
A woman stands in front of the entrance of the KLH asking patrons to go to her Salon which is accross the road and down the lane DO NOT go there it is called the Made and Jody Salon these women are like piranahs. Saying that though the laundry opposite them is called the Adhi laundry which is very cheap and she does a wonderful job
There are many lovely restaurants nearby our favourite was Mozzarella at the Magani which has only been open since July it had very good prices and there was no ++

Room Tip: I will book a pool access room next time
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Staff are very very friendly, couldn't do enough for you, made our stay very enjoyable. Clean hotel and rooms. Quiet hotel all round, relaxing atmosphere and a clean pool. Buffet breakfast had lots to offer and had something a little different each day. A really good hotel and is in a good location for shopping or the beach, very much recommended!!

nsw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This resort was lovely.My husband and i stayed here in June 2012,unfortunately only for 8 nights.
Our 2nd trip to Bali,our first being at least 20 yrs ago.
We are frequent travellers to Thailand and just wanted a quick cheap holiday.
This resort IS 3 star,you get what you pay for as far as luxury is concerned .
We stayed in a pool access room,,,,loved the pool access ,2 steps from back door and you are swimming in the nice pool....(regularly cleaned) balinese atmosphere.
Our room was 3rd up from temple and we had no problems with noise day or night(we requested a quiet private pool access room away from childrens areas and pool bar)
Our room was ok .
Only negatives were the room was a bit dull,Lacking natural light (dark beige everywhere)and nothing to excite the eye ,a bit tatty ....but...it was ok!
Enough room for 2 with shopping ect everywhere (we made ourselves at home)
The bed was comfortable to my standard (everyone is different)
Pillows are a bit old and stale like and so is the linen.
Breakfast was ....average,limited choice, although what was there was fresh and cooked nice inc egg station,,,but,,, BAD coffee and Balinese milk is not nice.Coffee Corner 5 mins walk away was nicer..they served better coffee,food and service than ive had in Aus
We had mosquito coils burning constantly when we were on the balcony, from about 4pm onwards they come in swarms
The resort does try to rectify this problem by fumigating the resort (notice sent under dooor for date and time)a tip ,dont be there when they do it ,it is strong,not a problem for us we just made sure we were elsewhere at that time ,(not hard to do when in bali)it was my spa time lol
Speaking of spas ,plenty in the 2 min area ,none that i wouldnt reccomend,The best spas are in Seminyak but will be more pricey!once again....you get what u pay for in Bali!
We didnt eat at the KL restaurant but we had room service while on the balcony and swimming normally late in the afternoon after a hard day of shopping beach and spa lol ....the food was so yummy and good service.
The staff here are so beautiful and they really do their best to accomodate what you need .they are always saying hello .....and that hello even comes with a smile....more than i could say for some that have an easier life !
7/11 2min toward front of resort has any necessitys needed,and BLU SKYZ (right step at end of main entrance)great food ,drinks ,prices ,service with a smile ,a good meal if you dont want to venture far after a busy day.Give her your gold coin and she will show you samples of jewellery she can have made from it for next to nothing ,im still wearing mine 6 months later no problems.
Ask for NIKI ,beautiful sweet happy lady that will give you honest good service
We will definately be back June 2013 but for longer time ,,,having bad withdraw symptoms as i write this review
p.s soooo central to great eats, beach ,shopping and transport ect ect,GREAT LOCATION without the bussle of Kuta!

Room Tip: We checked out the pool villas and they were so nice(room slightly fresher and slightly bigger but p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tasmania, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Kuta Lagoon Resort at the end of November 2012. We were impressed by the cleanliness and standard of the hotel. The buffet breakfasts were varied and well presented, the staff were friendly and attentive. We stayed in a pool access room which was fantastic, the pool was sparkling clean and the layout meant relative privacy, the pool bar was an added bonus. The room service menu was nothing fantastic, but was nice not to have to go out if we felt like staying on our balcony and enjoying the pool at our feet. Can recommend the club sandwich for a cheap filling lunch by the pool. The tapas menu offered by the pool bar was actually tastier and better value than most things on the room service menu and unfortunately we only discovered this on the last day lol.
The only complaint about this hotel - the in-house spa. VERY BADLY RUN. Upon check in, we received a 10 minute massage voucher each - this was reluctantly and very sulkily given by two staff who weren't interested. I booked a three hour spa treatment two days later - it was awful. The "foot ritual" consisted of being told to put my foot in a tin bowl of water while the staff member left me for ten minutes then came back and asked "relaxed, ma'am?". The massage was rough, the staff member obviously inexperienced at massage and lasted barely half an hour, during which the staff member left four times to answer the phone. The "body scrub" consisted of salt solution being painted on one half of my body, then left to dry for half an hour while the staff chatted noisily in the next room while I was bored out of my mind in a brightly lit room with not even any ambient music playing. Eventually I was shown to a herbal bath in a courtyard that had a neighbouring building site - the noise of hammering and drills put paid to any thought of quiet reflection.
I showered outside and showed myself out....three quarters of an hour before the "3 hour treatment" should have been up. I voiced my displeasure to the staff at the lack of attention and time wasting, but it was entirely pointless as they had no grasp of English. Apparently.
We complained at reception about the spa rip off, but they asked me to come back in the morning and complain to the manager with a written explanation. I couldn't be bothered to go through a third recitation of how terrible the spa was so instead just gave my patronage to the spas in town outside the hotel.
I can heartily recommend Anggun spa five minutes away, which is next to Mama's German restaurant, as their spa service is far superior and approximately a sixth the price. Sheppy's bar and restaurant which is a five minute walk away also offers better food and cocktails at half the price than the hotel.
The mismanagement of the in-house spa at Kuta Lagoon Resort is the only thing spoiling it's reputation and the only thing that spoilt our holiday.

Room Tip: We chose a pool access room, which was reasonably quiet. The pool hours are 8am to 10am so there was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa? Share your experiences!