“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa

Save Saved
You added Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa to your Saves list
Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Legian No. 363, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 25%
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had wanted to stay at this hotel for ages just to check out the pool access rooms.
The rooms were of a reasonable size, clean and comfortable. The pool access was a great idea. I had a friend stay with me who wasn't too keen on showing her body off so being able to go straight from our room to the pool suited her. The hotel is looking a little dated but the staff do their best with what is available. Breakfast was fine, the standard buffet fare. Service was also good. I was a bit concerned when I had to pay for my 6 night stay up front. Usually I pay 1 days deposit and the remainder when I check out. The little shop at the front of the hotel was handy and the prices compared well with similar shops on the streets.

Room Tip: Pool access
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Indonesian first
Moora, Western Australia, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here in November/December 2012 for 10 nights and I actually got 2 nights sleep. Definately the wrong time of year to travel here, all the schoolies were at the hotel we did not mind the music or noise during the day but you could not swim as they were jumping off the top floor balconies, knocking on doors all night, phoning the rooms between 1 & 3am and smashing up furniture. We were sick of complaining to the staff who's only reply was unplug the phone and we are making them pay for damages so we had to leave to other accomodation when checking out the only reply we got for leaving early was we cannot refund your money.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This a lovely little hotel I stayed in a deluxe room with 2 teenage girls there was enough room we were not cramped
The hotel itself is in a great location and the staff are wonderful. The breakfast is lovely and the menu changes each day
We did not use the spa as we were told by others staying at the hotel that they were very unprofessional and laughed all the time time they were having a treatment
There is a very good and inexpensive Spa across the road called Inner Glow and they also sterilise their utensils.
A woman stands in front of the entrance of the KLH asking patrons to go to her Salon which is accross the road and down the lane DO NOT go there it is called the Made and Jody Salon these women are like piranahs. Saying that though the laundry opposite them is called the Adhi laundry which is very cheap and she does a wonderful job
There are many lovely restaurants nearby our favourite was Mozzarella at the Magani which has only been open since July it had very good prices and there was no ++

Room Tip: I will book a pool access room next time
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Staff are very very friendly, couldn't do enough for you, made our stay very enjoyable. Clean hotel and rooms. Quiet hotel all round, relaxing atmosphere and a clean pool. Buffet breakfast had lots to offer and had something a little different each day. A really good hotel and is in a good location for shopping or the beach, very much recommended!!

nsw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This resort was lovely.My husband and i stayed here in June 2012,unfortunately only for 8 nights.
Our 2nd trip to Bali,our first being at least 20 yrs ago.
We are frequent travellers to Thailand and just wanted a quick cheap holiday.
This resort IS 3 star,you get what you pay for as far as luxury is concerned .
We stayed in a pool access room,,,,loved the pool access ,2 steps from back door and you are swimming in the nice pool....(regularly cleaned) balinese atmosphere.
Our room was 3rd up from temple and we had no problems with noise day or night(we requested a quiet private pool access room away from childrens areas and pool bar)
Our room was ok .
Only negatives were the room was a bit dull,Lacking natural light (dark beige everywhere)and nothing to excite the eye ,a bit tatty ....but...it was ok!
Enough room for 2 with shopping ect everywhere (we made ourselves at home)
The bed was comfortable to my standard (everyone is different)
Pillows are a bit old and stale like and so is the linen.
Breakfast was ....average,limited choice, although what was there was fresh and cooked nice inc egg station,,,but,,, BAD coffee and Balinese milk is not nice.Coffee Corner 5 mins walk away was nicer..they served better coffee,food and service than ive had in Aus
We had mosquito coils burning constantly when we were on the balcony, from about 4pm onwards they come in swarms
The resort does try to rectify this problem by fumigating the resort (notice sent under dooor for date and time)a tip ,dont be there when they do it ,it is strong,not a problem for us we just made sure we were elsewhere at that time ,(not hard to do when in bali)it was my spa time lol
Speaking of spas ,plenty in the 2 min area ,none that i wouldnt reccomend,The best spas are in Seminyak but will be more pricey!once again....you get what u pay for in Bali!
We didnt eat at the KL restaurant but we had room service while on the balcony and swimming normally late in the afternoon after a hard day of shopping beach and spa lol ....the food was so yummy and good service.
The staff here are so beautiful and they really do their best to accomodate what you need .they are always saying hello .....and that hello even comes with a smile....more than i could say for some that have an easier life !
7/11 2min toward front of resort has any necessitys needed,and BLU SKYZ (right step at end of main entrance)great food ,drinks ,prices ,service with a smile ,a good meal if you dont want to venture far after a busy day.Give her your gold coin and she will show you samples of jewellery she can have made from it for next to nothing ,im still wearing mine 6 months later no problems.
Ask for NIKI ,beautiful sweet happy lady that will give you honest good service
We will definately be back June 2013 but for longer time ,,,having bad withdraw symptoms as i write this review
p.s soooo central to great eats, beach ,shopping and transport ect ect,GREAT LOCATION without the bussle of Kuta!

Room Tip: We checked out the pool villas and they were so nice(room slightly fresher and slightly bigger but p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tasmania, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Kuta Lagoon Resort at the end of November 2012. We were impressed by the cleanliness and standard of the hotel. The buffet breakfasts were varied and well presented, the staff were friendly and attentive. We stayed in a pool access room which was fantastic, the pool was sparkling clean and the layout meant relative privacy, the pool bar was an added bonus. The room service menu was nothing fantastic, but was nice not to have to go out if we felt like staying on our balcony and enjoying the pool at our feet. Can recommend the club sandwich for a cheap filling lunch by the pool. The tapas menu offered by the pool bar was actually tastier and better value than most things on the room service menu and unfortunately we only discovered this on the last day lol.
The only complaint about this hotel - the in-house spa. VERY BADLY RUN. Upon check in, we received a 10 minute massage voucher each - this was reluctantly and very sulkily given by two staff who weren't interested. I booked a three hour spa treatment two days later - it was awful. The "foot ritual" consisted of being told to put my foot in a tin bowl of water while the staff member left me for ten minutes then came back and asked "relaxed, ma'am?". The massage was rough, the staff member obviously inexperienced at massage and lasted barely half an hour, during which the staff member left four times to answer the phone. The "body scrub" consisted of salt solution being painted on one half of my body, then left to dry for half an hour while the staff chatted noisily in the next room while I was bored out of my mind in a brightly lit room with not even any ambient music playing. Eventually I was shown to a herbal bath in a courtyard that had a neighbouring building site - the noise of hammering and drills put paid to any thought of quiet reflection.
I showered outside and showed myself out....three quarters of an hour before the "3 hour treatment" should have been up. I voiced my displeasure to the staff at the lack of attention and time wasting, but it was entirely pointless as they had no grasp of English. Apparently.
We complained at reception about the spa rip off, but they asked me to come back in the morning and complain to the manager with a written explanation. I couldn't be bothered to go through a third recitation of how terrible the spa was so instead just gave my patronage to the spas in town outside the hotel.
I can heartily recommend Anggun spa five minutes away, which is next to Mama's German restaurant, as their spa service is far superior and approximately a sixth the price. Sheppy's bar and restaurant which is a five minute walk away also offers better food and cocktails at half the price than the hotel.
The mismanagement of the in-house spa at Kuta Lagoon Resort is the only thing spoiling it's reputation and the only thing that spoilt our holiday.

Room Tip: We chose a pool access room, which was reasonably quiet. The pool hours are 8am to 10am so there was...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed here in the one year we loved it so much! Awesome, relaxing pool with heaps of space so even when it's busy you can feel like you have your own little section of it! There's a swim up bar with plenty of cocktails to choose from too! The rooms are comfortable with great bedding - heavenly when you've come from dirty sheets in India! The towels do have a weird smell about them I couldn't quite get past, however it didn't bother my boyfriend so maybe it's just me?? The staff, as they always are, we're adorable & extremely helpful. The location is great if you want to be a little further away from the clubs in Kuta, however it's only a short walk in if you do want to party. Plenty of affordable and yummy restaurants to choose from close by. Overall a great place to stay & I'm sure ill be back in the future!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa? Share your experiences!