“You actually pay for the location, that's all about it...” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Extra Bed
Ranked #80 of 175 Hotels in Kuta
Tampa, Florida
“You actually pay for the location, that's all about it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Famous by locals that what intrigues me to stay here.
Once you arrive at Ngurah Rai Airport, Bali, and if you got no transportation, after you claim your luggage, go outside and there is a taxi kiosk which will cost you IDR75,000 (1USD=IDR9,400 as of that moment) one way to this hotel.

It's located in front of Kuta Beach and connected to Beachwalk Mall, whereas you can find some retail stores and eateries.
It's in supreme location.

Check in: it's a LGBT friendly resort and front line agents are so nice and accommodating your needs. That's a plus point. Bell boys are ready to help your luggages as well, bravo!

WiFi: is a total nightmare, period. If you are a business person, this hotel is not recommended, when especially you need all the fast Internet connection, forget that, you prolly will get fired from your job...LOL.

Room: it's quite tired, we are offered for Harris Room, it's about USD115 a nite including taxes and such, for that weekday which in my opinion, it's a total overpriced and seriously there are bunch of hotels surround for same or lower rate for better ambiance and service. I'm sorry to share this but I'm not impressed compared what spent tho. Especially when you are always have outdoor activities and only use the room to sleep.
Fully aware that has tropical weather so insect are sometimes seen, but what we seen is too much than expected, ants are everywhere, and they crawl all over, not only on the floor, the bed, bathroom, everywhere, even in the restaurant. That's something must be addressed. So, back to the room, it's just an average size, the bed is just okay, the pillows are bit firm tho, linens and towels are clean. The flat TV is there, some snacks are available in the room for purchase as well. The laundry service is great and affordable. They already have the adapter installed on the wall, so don't worry once you don't have one due to different plugs that used from different countries.
If there is something you need, suggesting that you just walk up to the front desk, good luck when using the phone, the front desk/help desk line is always busy tone.
And when you ask service such as towels and such, it's a time consumed really, meaning takes forever tho.
In my opinion, it's kind a dark in the room and has not enough light tho.
And bathroom is a good size and has no water pressure for shower, so the waters come so slow tho, toiletries are provided.

Restaurant: the foods are awesome, there are choices from local to continental breakfast.

The pool: it's just okay, not the greatest but it is decent to use.

Most times, I smell musky fragrance near the elevators area which is so strong smell and that really makes me suffocated and rashes due to allergy to certain smell. Not everyone will be able to tolerate that and I want the hotel aware of this.

Overall, there are lots of things that really need to be upgraded at this property tho, from service to interior and exterior upkeep of the property. Location is not the only major play in this case unless if there are no other hotels surround except this, than its gonna be a different story.

Room Tip: Ask your reception about your room, if necessary, ask them to show you, either you like it or not th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach - Bali, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable reviews with the detailed information of your experience with us.

We appreciate your feedback to help us provide better services and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are sorry that our standards of service have not been up to expectation. We will work on improving our room cleanliness & service, and WiFi connection to be more detailed with training and controlling.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Your kind attention and understanding is highly appreciated. We do hope that you will give us another chance in the future to serve you better.

Best regards,
Virginie Tutin Sandstrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tangerang, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel location is next to Bali Beach Walk and few meter to the Kuta Beach, hence you can get the beach and mall attraction/spots and after the full day activity, you will get the quite and comfort hotel's atmosphere. The security was kind and full spirited as also the receptionist.

Room was clean, tidy and had a good aroma as the room is equipped with aroma therapy odor. TV channel was good, the water flow both hot and cold, overall equipments just works.

My bad experience was on the breakfast. I ordered a scrambled egg and hoping the staff will deliver the order to my table as I saw there was a foreign tourist serviced that way. Minutes away and made me initiatively took it by my self. Anyway, the strawberry milkshake was good and I give this hotel 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Me and my friend stayed room 232. It was twin bed but its position is too close for both of us.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your reviews of your experience with us.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Furthermore, we thank you for your input. Your constructive feedback have been reviewed to help us provide better services and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay related to service order of scrambled egg during breakfast. We will work on improving our service with more training and controlling.

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach. We will be pleased to welcome you back to our resort in a near future.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stay at this hotel during our honeymoon period, seriously I think the staff (i am referring to the top management) was very lack of efficiency and full of lies, from their Hotel Manager to GM. Not sure that lady come to me was really a GM or not.

Honestly I was quite impress at the beginning, until one day I realize that my money was stolen and report this matter to the management. The manager told me that if I make a police report in bali, i will need to pay 1 million rupiah for the police to conduct the investigation.. (when i came to Singapore to check with my friends from Indonesia, he told me there is no such thing) He assure me that the hotel will conduct the internal investigation themselves and give me answer.

I waited in my room for them to give me to reply but he never did, when I called to the counter to ask for him.. the operator inform me that he had GONE HOME!!

After that me and my wife knows that there is no point waiting then we decided to go out, but it was already quite late.

The worst thing of this hotel is the management seems to wanted to COVER UP for this matter and told that they scan the record of the hotel card that came to my room was the card that i hold. if it is so, strangely that my money can "walk out" of me for no reason.

Overall, I booked 4 nights at this hotel and wasted 3 days 2 nights with getting lame excuse and waiting for them to reply me.

Lastly, on the last day when I was going to check out of the hotel, they offered me a free night stay in the hotel!! I really don't understand what is wrong with these people, your hotel is so unsafe and you are offering me to come back again for 1 night?? It is damn pure insulting, which I refused to accept it.

This hotel is by far the worst hotel I ever stayed in my life and plus ruining of my honey moon. For anyone out there, I do not know how much worst any hotel can be for you, but this hotel is truly unbeatable to me.

I will never step in any HARRIS hotel in my life ever..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach - Bali, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time to write a comment of your experience on Tripadvisor.com.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay.
Security and Safety of our Guests is our main priority. Claims of theft are taken very seriously by Management and a clear procedure is in place including the Duty Manager and the Security Department. First checked was the key card which was done, followed by investigation and participation of the Police at no fees. Unfortunately, there were no records of your claims in our books. Be informed that there are 4 HARRIS Hotels in Bali.

Thanks again for your comments and be assured that every point is taken seriously to help us improve our services.

Seremban, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed in 5 star hotels in Bali and also this Harris Resort (twice), but again we kept coming back here. Yes, also by request of our little boy really. Can't beat the location, close to the Kuta/Legian Beach, close to Kuta town yet far enough from the hustle and bustle of it, tucked away from the main road, lots of places to find food close by that is within walking distance for families with children, a big mall adjacent to the hotel but most important of all, it's children friendly. The warmth you get is not pretentious like some other higher star hotels we have stayed that said they are children friendly. Friendly, fast and helpful staff, very clean and tidy room, plenty of dry activities to do by the pool like dart and ping pong, they even have flying fox if you feel like it, not to mention both the children pool and the adult pool are great. Pools are always empty so it is nice to soak in after a long morning by the beach. They have a kids club if you decided to be free from your small ones for a while. The H feet spa was very good too. Food at the cafe was impressively good as we tried lunch one time because we were too tired after a morning beach fun. Recommend the Gado Gado. The travel desk has one of the cheapest tours in town too. Buffet breakfast was good, changes daily. The most we were impressed of their service this trip around, was that the day we were leaving Bali, it was the eve of Galungan festival. Literally, 3/4 of Kuta taxis population were on leave! The concierge tried their very best to book us a taxi for the airport (we boarded at 5 pm) but by 3.30pm still no taxi answered the call. They just quickly grab their transport van, loaded everything in a zap and drove us to the airport, still at the same price of a taxi and not of airport transfer. We were totally thankful. Definitely will return here again.

Room Tip: If you have a few children with you, ask for the ground floor, rooms are bigger. All other floor roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach - Bali, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all we thank you for being our loyal Guest. It is an honor to have your trust for selecting our Hotel to be of service.

We are very pleased to read that you had a lovely stay with us especially with the services, location & free activities, and the spa treatment. Guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and your positive review is our Best Reward. We will pass your message to all of “HARRIS players” or staffs.

Once again, on behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach. We will be pleased to welcome you back to our resort in a near future.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is a great value hotel. Our first time stay and I was not expecting the good time we enjoyed, far better than expected. Excellent location right next to lots of shopping and restaurants. Main point is that everything just WORKS. Hot water, cold aircons, Internet, TV's, fridge etc. Very friendly staff. Excellent clean and tidy rooms, super warm pool, lots to do. Just an overall good place. Certainly not 5 star but who needs carpets on a holiday. Will stay again.

Room Tip: We went for a 2 room suite, 2 adults and son 13 years. Well worth paying the little extra.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach - Bali, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel as your family holiday destination and we appreciate your precious comments of your experience with us.

We were very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us especially with the resort’s location, clean rooms, and free daily activities by the pool.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach. We hope to welcome you back to our resort in a near future.

Colombo, null, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

good value for the price. Clean large rooms with all basic facilities. Located in the city close to the beach. The buffet breakfast was very good. The room with three beds was just enough for three of us.We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The hotel staffs were nice and helpful.They have room service and the food we ordered from the restaurant was very good.Would like to recommend this hotel to those visiting Bali.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach - Bali, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel to be of service and we appreciate your precious comments of your experience with us.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just beside famous Kuta beach n beachwalk mall is just beside it, Jalan Legian famous walk street is just behind it by short cut ! Overall is quite a nice place to stay with good breakfast !
Overall price is good n worthy to stay

Room Tip: FAmily n beach lover, this is the place you looking for ! Dont miss it !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach - Bali, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable reviews of your experience with us.

We are very pleased to read that you had a lovely stay with us especially with the resort’s location.

Virginie Tutin Sandstrom

Been to HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach - Bali? Share your experiences!