“nice hotel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Free Extra Bed
Ranked #86 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Colombo, null, Sri Lanka
“nice hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

good value for the price. Clean large rooms with all basic facilities. Located in the city close to the beach. The buffet breakfast was very good. The room with three beds was just enough for three of us.We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The hotel staffs were nice and helpful.They have room service and the food we ordered from the restaurant was very good.Would like to recommend this hotel to those visiting Bali.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel to be of service and we appreciate your precious comments of your experience with us.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach. We hope to welcome you back to our resort in a near future.

Virginie Tutin Sandstrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just beside famous Kuta beach n beachwalk mall is just beside it, Jalan Legian famous walk street is just behind it by short cut ! Overall is quite a nice place to stay with good breakfast !
Overall price is good n worthy to stay

Room Tip: FAmily n beach lover, this is the place you looking for ! Dont miss it !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable reviews of your experience with us.

We are very pleased to read that you had a lovely stay with us especially with the resort’s location.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are both Good & not so Good points about this hotel ..
Firstly it is VERY OLD .. It has had a cover-up make over painted doors and walls in an attempt to make the place look newer.. Being old meant there is a damp smell in the room aircon is not very good so I had to open the window to allow the damp smell to escape ...
Rooms are very spacious basic but comfortable...

Yes I know the water is not drinkable this is generally written on a small notification in the hotel room
However I can not recall ever on any of my previous visits looking down in the shower & noticing I was standing in dark brown/grey water ...

Like any hotel Depending on the person there will always be staff who are wonderful & staff who should not be in this kind of industry ..
The Doormen not at all friendly not once made eye contact or aknowledged me entering or leaving the Hotel..
Reception staff friendly
Shop staff also very accomodating..
Breakfast staff everyday were too busy talking to each other to be concerned about the guests..excpet the morning a hotel photographer appeared to take photos then they seem to come to life & more attentive..
NO One at any point was ever in the Kids club it looked very uninviting I would describe it as boring not a place I would leave my child/children... I i notice these things as I often take trips with & wothout family
The pool area is very nice & the poolside staff are very friendly ..
House keeping was by far the most impressive point of the entire stay . The person who looked after my room was friendly attentive trustworthy & even assisted by taking the time to give me hand written directions to give to the taxi driver for an electronic store I was looking for

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable reviews with the detailed information of your experience with us.

Your constructive feedbacks have been reviewed to help us provide better services and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay related to the room conditions, HARRIS Players/staffs service, and the Dino Kid’s Club.

We do value your reviews and we thank you for your input.

Bandung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I prepare for more three month for looking a accommodation at Bali and our decision is Harris Kuta Beach. Close to Kuta Beach, water slide at kid pool and comment at Tripadvisor about Harris is a family hotel made that decision. First impression is a nice Lobby, quick check in and near to Beach walk (mall). Valuation less is we are not pick up by Harris Car at the airport, old alley, not soundproof wall, hard handle at wastafel (wash stand) and not get a room facing a pool. You not get a luxury here but you got a great place to stay with your family and very close to kuta beach with value of money.

Breakfast:
Not many choices but some food is enough for me and my family.
Some Indonesian soup not good taste, but I love egg and pancake station.
I think breakfast is average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel as your family holiday destination and we appreciate your precious comments of your experience with us.

We were very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us especially with the resort’s location.

Moreover, we do value your input about the room conditions and taste of breakfast. We will brainstorm with the team to provide better services.

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I booked Harris for 8 nights in February with my husband, after my Mum and Sister visited - they loved it and highly recommend it. Harris is a newer resort, so I'd never seen it on previous trips to Bali. The location is 10/10! Opposite the beach, located next to Poppies II and also right near Hard Rock, McDonald's etc (so close to Matahari, but also to Legian Street if you head up Poppies II). People have been so harsh in reviews, so I was very worried. Needless to say, I was quite surprised when I arrived. The resort is modern and fresh, but tranquil and offers a Bali feel to it. The room is nice and we had one right near the pool - nice! Upon inspection, yes it looked a bit shabby (walls, doors etc were not sparkling, but they're not blatantly dirty). The breakfast is amazing - what do people keep complaining about??? It offers everything!!! I was very happy and the tables outside overlooking the water features and pool are just lovely. It's just the people smoking that ruins it, but that's Bali! Yes, the resort is pricey, but so are many other Balinese resorts nowadays. My complimentary massage was heavenly - Toya (a male massuese) was just great and I had the best massage of my life. The spa is a retreat that is quiet, calm and beautiful. The hotel offers great (free) yoga, cooking classes, dancing, music...it's just an all-round place that's ideal for couples and families too. I had a fabulous time!! It's also connected to the new and amazing Beachwalk, where there's a food court, cinema, shops, money exchange and kids' play centres. If it rains you can get to Beachwalk without getting wet, so that's a plus! We loved being on Poppies II as well, and could easily get to Matahari along the beach, or cut up through Poppies II to reach Sky Garden and Legian Street. A great place!
The only cons for me: The people staying above were SO noisy, it was like they were moving furniture 24/7 and kept waking us up at all hours. That was rather annoying. Secondly, we were on the ground floor and it may have affected the sewerage - not sure - but our water stunk. It was literally like sewerage (the smell that is) and wow, it got bad. I did ignore it but it got progressively worse, so our bathroom had a hideous odour!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to read that you had a lovely stay with us especially with the the hotel’s location & free activities, and the spa treatment. Guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and your positive review is our Best Reward. We will pass your message to all of “HARRIS players” or staffs especially to Toya.

Furthermore, we do value your input about the noise and the sewage system. We will brainstorm with the team to provide better services.

Once again, on behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach. We will be pleased to welcome you back to our resort in a near future.

California, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

First Night in Bali, just wanted to stay 1 night in infamous and crowded Kuta Beach. Location is pretty good, next to many shops, lounges, restaurants. Steps from the sand. This is a big chain hotel, appears to bee popular with Australian tourist.

Would not stay here again. First the drivers for hire but the front desk are scammers, to be expected. Also, the room conditions are not so great. Serious issues with plumbing (the toilet kind). Bathroom little old and dirty. The pool and breakfast areas are pretty nice though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time to write a comment of your experience with us.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay and for our service that did not meet your expectations.

Thanks again for your comments and be assured that every point is taken seriously to help us improve our services.

Sorong, Papua, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Strategic place near kuta beach. The place near beachwalk mall, that's quite helpful when we need some stuff or food. But the room terrible. First we arrived here, we get bed already broken and we need to call room service to changed the bed. After that they didn't well prepared, cause we need to call room service again asking for toothbrush and slippery.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time to write the precious feedback of your experience with us.

We appreciate your reviews to help us provide better services and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will work on improving our room amenities to be more detailed with training and controlling.

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach and thanks again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our resort in a near future.

Virginie Tutin Sandstrom

Been to HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach? Share your experiences!