I booked Harris for 8 nights in February with my husband, after my Mum and Sister visited - they loved it and highly recommend it. Harris is a newer resort, so I'd never seen it on previous trips to Bali. The location is 10/10! Opposite the beach, located next to Poppies II and also right near Hard Rock, McDonald's etc (so close to Matahari, but also to Legian Street if you head up Poppies II). People have been so harsh in reviews, so I was very worried. Needless to say, I was quite surprised when I arrived. The resort is modern and fresh, but tranquil and offers a Bali feel to it. The room is nice and we had one right near the pool - nice! Upon inspection, yes it looked a bit shabby (walls, doors etc were not sparkling, but they're not blatantly dirty). The breakfast is amazing - what do people keep complaining about??? It offers everything!!! I was very happy and the tables outside overlooking the water features and pool are just lovely. It's just the people smoking that ruins it, but that's Bali! Yes, the resort is pricey, but so are many other Balinese resorts nowadays. My complimentary massage was heavenly - Toya (a male massuese) was just great and I had the best massage of my life. The spa is a retreat that is quiet, calm and beautiful. The hotel offers great (free) yoga, cooking classes, dancing, music...it's just an all-round place that's ideal for couples and families too. I had a fabulous time!! It's also connected to the new and amazing Beachwalk, where there's a food court, cinema, shops, money exchange and kids' play centres. If it rains you can get to Beachwalk without getting wet, so that's a plus! We loved being on Poppies II as well, and could easily get to Matahari along the beach, or cut up through Poppies II to reach Sky Garden and Legian Street. A great place!
The only cons for me: The people staying above were SO noisy, it was like they were moving furniture 24/7 and kept waking us up at all hours. That was rather annoying. Secondly, we were on the ground floor and it may have affected the sewerage - not sure - but our water stunk. It was literally like sewerage (the smell that is) and wow, it got bad. I did ignore it but it got progressively worse, so our bathroom had a hideous odour!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach is strategically located, only few steps away from famous Kuta Beach and exciting nightlife of Legian street, also direct walking access to new retail & lifestyle hub - "beachwalk". The Resort features 191 rooms and suites equipped with LCD flat TV with cable television and free WIFI in all Resort's premises. It is fit for holiday destination with a free-form swimming pool surrounded by lush tropical gardens and a kid's pool with waterslide. Free fun daily activities are available by the poolside as well as free Dino Kid's Club for 3 - 12 years old and enjoy relaxing body treatments at H'Spa and Happy Feet Reflexology. For dining selection, HARRISSIMO Pizza & Pasta and HARRIS Cafe offer a wide range of Indonesian, Asian, and International specialties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harris Resort Kuta Beach Hotel Kuta
- Harris Hotel Kuta Bali
- HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach Bali