“You Get What You Pay For.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Free Extra Bed
Ranked #92 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
“You Get What You Pay For.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for a quick babymoon before the birth of our 2nd child. When we arrived on the website it said opposite the beach yes but there Is a long driveway so no beach views at all which was disappointing.

The hotel lobby and sorrounding areas were clean and modern & staff were nice.
Our room however was disappointing bathroom old and run down and filled with mould the taps were broken and you could feel the springs in the bed & being pregnant this was terrible so we asked to change rooms they did and sent us to one of there newer rooms.

The bed was a bit better and bathroom seemed like it had been upgraded but then the tv had so much static it wouldn't work!
The buffet breakfast was average and not American style besides the great stand where a chef would make fresh omlettes, waffles & pancakes.

The massage salon however was the best experience and you do get a free massage with each stay. The staff by far are nice but the hotel is average we thought we were getting a bargain but it was because the hotel was just standard.

We probably wouldn't come back here again unless it was for a cheap quick stay the website can be deceiving.
Thanks
Bianca

• Stayed September 2012
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a feedback of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

Your constructive feedback have been reviewed to help us provide better services and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay related to bed and TV condition.

Once again, thank you for your comments and on behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach.

Best regards,
Virginie Tutin Sandstrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel, great for families with children but probably would not recommend for the younger travellers or couples wanting entertainment. Good points were entertainment around pool area, pool table, table tennis, basketball, volley ball, darts, chess, flying fox etc. Rooms were reasonable, breakfast was great with lots of variety. Bad points pool side service, with no bar area you had to track down some one to place an order and it did take quiet a while for them to bring what you ordered to you. Staff spent a lot of time messing around but never checked if you wanted anything. Checking in was also disappointing when we arrived we stood waiting for about 20 minutes while the guy at reception tried to organise the paper work which I would have thought should have been all done ready for our arrival, he constantly had to stop to answer the phone even though there were other staff that weren't busy. We were given a welcome drink which was nice but had to just stand and wait no offer of a seat. We were then left to make our own way to our room with no directions given, he never explained breakfast times or where it would be served even though we had per paid for it. I felt this was not really good enough first impressions are important and this wasn't good, however we did end up enjoying our stay and would probably go back there again. The location was good across from the beach, with the new Beachwalk shopping centre next door and Poppies Lane ii just behind. The hotel also had great wifi reception for the teenagers to enjoy.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time to write a comment of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

Your precious reviews have been taken seriously to help us provide better services and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay due to the pool side and check in services. We will give more training to our team to ensure better service in the future.

Moreover, we thank you for your positive reviews of entertainment around pool, WiFi connection, variety of breakfasts, and location of the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we are pleased to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Bali.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We got home on the 5th October after spending 14 nights at the Harris there were 14 of us which included we two "more mature adults" and then mums/dads/teenagers. We all loved the Harris, the staff were amazing always smiling always friendly and always available with extra toilet paper when we needed it!! Which by the way my husband always did......bintang seems to have that effect on him. The bonuses that were included like free upgrade, late check out, free massage, free flying fox were just that a bonus. The location was great we usually stay in legian but this was great for the kids it was so close to Dairy Queen. The rooms were lovely right next to the pool and the suites that the families had were excellent. We were all very sad to leave and say good bye to the staff. I can't comment on the room service but did have a day where we sat by the pool and tried all the different cocktails, couldn't complain about the service it was spot on.
We had a very busy holiday did a lot and was great to come back have a swim/shower get changed and out for dinner at one of the great little restaurants in Poppies or one of the more upmarket around Kuta. Great place for little kids or big kids thanks Harris staff. Lori Anderson

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable review of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

We are very happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with us especially with the “myTime” benefit from Flight Centre, hotel location, selection of our breakfasts, and the friendly staff. We will pass your message to all of “HARRIS players” (staff).

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach. We are pleased to welcome you back to our resort in a near future.

Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Will be comparing this hotel to the other similarily priced hotels in kuta at the time (Aston Kuta, Ramayana, Bintang, Febris)

The location is very good if you want to get to kuta beach and the beachwalk shopping complex. The beachwalk shops also have a very convenient gate that gets you into the middle of poppies lane II and a short walk to all the restauants and clubs but the gate closes at 11pm so if you want to get back after that you have to walk all the way around.

The location is bad if you want to get anywhere else in kuta because it is situated on the most awkward location on the beach strip's one way road. if you want to get to kuta square (matahari) the fastest way to get there is to walk (20minutes), scoot down(20minutes) or take a taxi(30minutes). Fastest way to get to Discovery would to walk to the end of kuta square and get a taxi from there.

The poolside service was okay, there are many activities staff ready to play sports with you so if you are a kid or just have no one to play with. Plus they were really quick to run out with some tissues when i cut my foot on some glass and asked me if i wanted to write an accident report. There are alot of things to do in terms of sports, listening to repetitive music and sunbathing but there is no bar and it is almost impossible to get some food or drink by the pool. We decided it wasnt really a problem and spent most of our pooltime down the road at the bounty where our friends were staying.

Room service is good but be ready to wait 40minutes and is double what i have paid at any other bali hotel and that is before the 21% tax and service.

Breakfast was actually pretty good with a nice variety and there is a cute sticker of NO PIG hovering over the beef/chicken bacon. It was the same guy on the egg station every morning and he made an amazing cheesy omelette but there was always a huge line and again you get a better deal at the other hotels because they have multiple egg stations.

The thing that has frustrated me most about this stay is they way they have handled my breakfast bill. i arrived a few days after my girlfriend and some others and i went straight down to breakfast and told them my room number and they asked me to sign for it and i was like sure.
Once i finished breakfast she was like "do you want to pay now or later?" and "i was like i have already paid for it when i arrived at the hotel" and she was like "no." it all ended up just being we had paid for it but they forget to put on the breakfast doorlist that we had paid and didnt bother changing it for the 2 weeks we were here. So every single morning we had to have the exact same argument with the exact same rotation of staff about our breakfast bill and some days it was sorted straight away and some days we would have to go to front counter to confirm it and some days the argument took longer than the actual breakfast so we just walked off with them accusing us of stealing.

My flight has been cancelled (twice now thanks Jetstar) so last when night my girlfriend checked out and we took a look at the room bill and noticed that there was the original breakfast i signed for on the 28th sept and we actually cleared up the bill straight away.

When i checked out this morning and looked at the bill there had been a new breakfast bill charged for the 7th of october. Here starts this long winded repetitive argument, he said my girlfriend got breakfast in the morning but i'm trying to say that she already checked out last night and there was no way she couldve had breakfast. Then he says "okay when you get back to perth you get refund." so i was like you are going to refund me this 70,000 for breakfast when i get back to perth? Then this guy, this guy he says "No, get a refund from your girlfriend." I asked for this so called bill she signed and they looked and looked for it and then they provided me with the bill i signed on the 28th! i cracked it and tried to explain again and the front counter guy just got cheekier and cheekier and he knew that as much as i could complain i eventually had to pay it and i did.

*the 6 of us that had our flights cancelled just paid 50% of one nights stay in one of the rooms to have an extended checkout to 6pm and we are trying to call jet star but our phone line has been cut and the operator is telling us we shouldve checked out by now.

**There was free wifi all around the hotel which was nice

***My buddy just reminded me that he was overcharged ($5) for a can of coke at the front counter and when he went back - with the actual menu (an extortionate $3.50 anyway) to get it refunded, the man showed him a handwritten menu and refused.

officially the worst hotel i've ever stayed in. some good points but have gotten better service and been less ripped off from every cop we've have to pay for being an australian on a scooter.

Please don't send me that generic apology statement Virginie Tutin Sandstrom unless you're going to refund that $7 you owe me for breakfast.

Room Tip: Dont come here unless you are a young family that wants to get good sleep quality because you are ti...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience on Tripadvisor.

On behalf of HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach management, we would like to apologize for the inconvenient situation during your stay. We are sorry that our standards of service have not been up to expectation.

Please kindly be informed that every points mentioned about the hotel is taken seriously. The Management of HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach is aware that this problem can cause a lot of inconvenience to you.

Referring to your breakfast bill, we would like to follow up the refund process. I would need your kind assistance to inform us your email. Or else, contact us at info@harris-kuta-bali.com.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Your kind attention and understanding is highly appreciated. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Lastly, I remain personally at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

Best regards,
Noosaville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Harris Kuta beach for 4 nights. Because we booked through flight centre with "my time rewards" we got a lot of bonuses like a room upgrade, free massage, free bintang etc. the extras really made the stay feel more festive.

The hotel itself is lovely, the colour scheme is a bit off putting, but it's a nice space and even though it's a big hotel, you don't ever feel crowded.

Lovely staff - always friendly and approachable, very helpful!

The kids pool was a huge hit, as was rabbit feeding time. The kids club was kind of depressing - lots of broken toys, no paints or anything easily accessible which would have made it more fun.

Breakfast buffet was excellent. Hubby loved the traditional Balinese breakfast items and I loved the omelette station. Seriously something for everyone.

Oh, and massage was AMAZING! Best I've had.

On the down side, drinks service was very slow. Easily a 15 minute wait for drinks to arrive which is too long I think.

Prices are higher than other places, but still cheap compared to home.

Overall this is a great midrange hotel. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

We would like to apologize for the annoyance caused during your stay due to the unpleasant services of the drinks and the broken toys at Dino Kids Club. We will give more training to our team to ensure better services in the future. We are pleased to inform you that we are on process of purchasing some toys and games at the kids club.

Moreover, we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us especially with the “myTime” benefits from Flight Centre, selection of our breakfasts, the friendly Players/staffs, and the spa treatment. We will pass your message to all of “HARRIS players” (staff).

We do value your review about the food & beverages prices.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My friends and I stayed at Harris Resort a week ago. We actually requested for connecting rooms before we made our way to Bali but when we arrived, we didn't get what we wanted. On the 2nd day, we were given a connected room with the help of the staff and we truly appreciated it. unfortunately, on our check out day, I found out that my sandal was left in the previous room which I stayed in during the first night I arrived. but the staff could not locate where my sandal was.. As we were rushing for our flight back home, I left my contact number and email to the counter staff and was told that they will follow up with my lost item. Less than 2 days, I received email from the general manager and was told that they managed to retrieve my sandal from the lost and found section. They then voluntarily air Mail it back to me with no postage fee. I'm truly satisfied and felt very honoured about the services Harris Resort provided with their excellent and professional way of dealing with their customers even after the customer had left the hotel. kudos to the Team of staff handling this situation and will definitely come back here whenever I'm in Bali. thank you so much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive review and time to write a comment of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

We were delighted to read that you were truly satisfied with the hotel services. Guest satisfaction is our priority and your precious review is our best Reward. We will pass your message to all of “HARRIS players” (staff).

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Came here September 2012 (school holiday time) with a group of 13 and the price of the rooms were good for 2 weeks stay, however, the price of food and drinks was almost triple the price of anywhere else. $7AUD for a Bintang and $12AUD for a basic cocktail.

There's a beautiful pool with volleyball net & basketball but no swim up bar or poolside service for food & drinks. One time had to ask 3 times for some poolside service when there were staff standing around doing nothing.

Don't come here if you're young and looking for good service and a good time - come here if you want a family friendly hotel as there is plenty of activities for children, but not enough fun for the adults!

• Stayed September 2012
HRKB01, General Manager at HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to apologize for the annoyance caused during your stay due to the unpleasant services at poolside. We will give more training to our team to ensure better services in the future.

We do value your review about the food & beverages price and pool activities. We thank you for your input and we will brainstorm with our team to improve the service at pool area.

Virginie Tutin Sandstrom

Been to HARRIS Resort Kuta Beach? Share your experiences!