“Great place to stay -especially families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Febri's Hotel & Spa

You added Febri's Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Febri's Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kartika Plaza,Tuban | Opposite Bali Dynasty Resort, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 194 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Great place to stay -especially families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Myself and my 16yr old son stayed at Febris for 8 dates at end of Oct - Nov. I was apprehensive as I usually stay in Legian near Seminyak,but family members recommended this hotel, however it served us well.

Clean, well set out hotel. Our room was 5302 - right at the back of the property & up the 2 flights of killer stairs, I would not recommend an upper level room for anyone that has problem knees etc, however I had asked for a quiet room & got one.The room was spacious,had a fridge,tv phone and cupboard with hanging space and a safety deposit box. The bathroom was big with shower over the bath + toilet, vanity & hair dry. Shampoo & liquid soap were supplied - the room was spotless. My only complaint(and others that I spoke to said the same) was the hardness of the beds....I slept, but always slightly uncomfortable, as did my son. The other good thing I noticed was that the floors, being tiles,normally at other hotels would become death traps once water was on them, however, our floors did not have this problem.
Breakfast was a buffet which was adequate, however, it was a lot of processed foods, very little in the way of fresh fruit - usually watermelon.banana,papaya or rockmelon + natural yogurt. there is a press button coffee machine with Nescafe coffee in various forms + milo. I really missed not having Bali Kopi first thing.
There were 2 pools - the main pool that was very busy all the time with children, and there was "our pool" at the back surrounded by palms and bougainvillea. The back pool was a lot smaller, plain and divine. Our room overlooked it, and many an hour was passed there just chilling in the water after breakfast and in the evening.
lastly, the staff. What a lovely bunch of people..nothing was too much for them - they make this place.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you want cleanliness and comfort, want to be within walking distance of Kuta shopping and close to the airport. For me, it is slightly too Western - I prefer more Balinese type hotels, and the area is a little too hectic once you leave the hotel...but these are small "problems"..overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the febri hotel end of October start of nov for 9 nights...
After a hiccup with expedia and my accommodation being cancelled I ended up on the phone to the Febri who promptly rebooked my accommodation.. This was just the start of the high quality service they provided...
We arrived at the hotel to find a clean comfortable bed and room, 2 pools, service with personality and smile...
Breakfast was great, plenty to choose from and extremely tasty..
The pools were perfect temp, clean and inviting, pool towels are available at no charge, bells or a phone for pool service..
The hotel is of the cleanest standards and serviced daily with a cute little towel animal on your bed daily..
The restaurant offers delish meals, the only thing, that isn't even really a mention is that it can take a short while to be served, but like I said hardly worth a mention as the staff are constantly busy providing high standards of service!!
The spa services are like none I have ever experienced in my 7 visits to Bali!!! Amazing, clean, quiet and cheap!!
Would I stay here again, I think the question should be would I stay anywhere else!!! Extremely impressed by the Febri!!!
Thankyou for having us Febri hotel and spa see you's again soon :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel is very clean, looks nice and you can relax there very well at the poolside or the restaurant. Claerly to recommended!
For people who want to party and enjoy Bali's nightlife the location is quite far away to the clubs, discos,...
The restaurant and its food tastes very well and the prices are also very acceptable.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room at the groundfloor cause the balconies are very close to the pool and people ar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We Stayed here in May 2013..... we were unsure as we had always stayed on the beach in 4 or 5 star.... but due to budget, tried this place on recommendation. Definitely a nice surprise..... Most staff were friendly and helpful. The quad rooms on the ground are huge and comfortable house keeping are amazing. Breakfast was bland for someone that loves fruits, yoghurts etc, great if you want bacon eggs potoato all the heavy stuff ! The only negative was the main pool the tiles were chipped and both kids cut them self a few times, my youngest ended up being out of the pool for a few days as one of the cuts was so bad & deep. MAnagement did finally start repairing them the last few days we were there. Over all great value for money and good to be away from the hustle bustle of main part of Kuta!! PS. The fridge is a good size and acutally is the coldest one I have come across in a Bali hotle!!

Room Tip: Family of 4 Ground floor the Quad rooms...........
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Currently here now celebrating our one year wedding anniversary.
The spa is amazing three already...
Breakfast is basic compared to other hotels we have stayed out but on saying that covers the basics bacon and egg station is very good.
Pool lovely hotel appears quiet there is plenty of pool chairs...
Rooms spacious love the full fridge so handy.
Renovations happening out on the street the footpaths which makes walking up to discovery a bit of a mission but once finished will be great.
Definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a carefree kuta based holiday with good facilities.

• Stayed November 2013
Edinburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Having to sign a sheet detailing the hotel rules is not the most welcoming experience, in fact it is a first in all my years of travelling. There are rules posted everywhere in the hotel and quite frankly getting vouchers for breakfast reminded me of being at a holiday camp as a child. There were pluses in that the room was well apponted and a good size and in the main the staff were helpful however the distance from the beach was much further than the hotel web site indicated. If I ever return ro Kuta it will not be to Febri's.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
greenbali, General Manager at Febri's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear "TravelMad of Edinburgh"

Many thanks for your recent stay at Febri's Hotel. Your prompt response to my message through this T/A facility was also much appreciated.

I took the liberty to check your correspondence with our Reservations and found an email you sent to the hotel 2 days prior to your check-in. You had requested to access your room at 2 pm. Please be reminded that the room was indeed made available exactly at 2 pm (and this was according to your request). The housekeeping took almost 2 hours to clean and refresh your room after it was vacated by other guests before you.

I double checked the hotel’s official website again today in case of any misleading information, our proximity to the beach is correct. I wonder if your booking was made without reviewing the hotel’s sites carefully. As you made your hotel booking through Booking.com, their site has also indicated the 200-meter distance from the beach. The closest access to the beach is through a public alley which leads to the beach temple at Bali Dynasty Resort (located perpendicularly opposite of the hotel). This information is available in the room directory (i.e. blue laminated cards on your room desk) and at the hotel reception.

I apologize if the information displayed around the hotel reminded you of a holiday camp from your childhood as they are not meant that way. As the hotel’s regular patrons range from senior citizens to families with young children coming and also from a wide range of educational backgrounds, we would simply like to remind them to be considerate to other guests and at the same time outlining limitations of our facilities & services.

I wish I could pick the kind of guests who can book to stay in the hotel. Unfortunately, many of them are not experienced travellers (unlike yourself with many years of travelling). In fact, some of them are on their fist holiday trip away from their home country. Their behaviours can sometime be disturbing to other hotel guests. You would be surprised to find them expecting they can do whatever they want and they unfortunately perceive Bali as a third world country with no rules in place. This becomes more apparent after end of school exams in Australia with their 'schoolies & toolies". I admit that the hotel is not always able to satisfy everyone’s expectation but we are doing the best we can.

Nevertheless, I'd am grateful for your positive review on the hotel room being well-appointed, the room size and the helpful staff.

Should you plan to have another Bali holiday, please feel free to contact me personally. I shall be more than happy to assist you to make your holiday more memorable.

With best regards,

PAULUS WIBOWO
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in a Family Deluxe room. Which was of a good size and great for 2 adults and 3 children. The fridge was also of a good size. Our youngest used a cot at no extra charge. We were on the third floor which had lift access which was great. There is a kids play area which is partially shaded. The breakfast was fairly simple though there was an egg station and they make great waffles. Location is great easy walk to plenty of restaurants and they are building a large shopping centre just down the road. The supermarket had already opened which was very convenient for milk/snacks and nappies. We used their babysitting which worked out to be approximately $AUD 8 per hour for our 3 children and the babysitter was lovely. Overall a great place for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family