“Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

What a little gem of a hotel. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. They get cleaned daily. The pool and its bars are well stocked, the swim up bar was well used by all guests. The hotel is situated in a side street off the towns main bar street, but might as well be miles away, because you cant hear the hustle and bustle of the nightlife. The food was varied but potion sizes are small. But still cheap.The staff are warm and friendly and will do anything for you. If I was to go back to Kuta then I would stay there. And would not hesitate recommending it to anyone

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool itself can be noisy especially in peak months
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have stayed here with friends and family over the years and continue to return. Any issues I have had were dealt with imediately, I love that the breakfast is simple, they do a mean lamb shank, and are very friendly.I agree the walkway out the front is a bit tiresome, but I wil keep in mind the advice of talking to Wayan and Brett. Make sure you get a cab (blur bird ) to the Carreforre, you will get all of your cosmetics and moisturusers for a fraction of the cost at home. Loreal, Ponds, Johnson and Johnson, and the balinese Botu..in a green container. All very good.
A trip to Krishna is a must, you will find all of the knick knacks like bowls, salt and peper shakers, jewellry for a fraction of the street price, thats right, even cheaper Bali!!! Dewi sri is very central, if you have been to bali, you will know there are a lot of one way streets, Dewi Sri is in a perfect position for travel in both directions. You really only need a safe and clean place to stay, air con, a pool and a room to lock your shopping in. I have just rebooked my next trip at the Dewi Sri in July.. cant wait!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in an older style Standard room. Our room was clean, bed was comfortable, A/C worked well, bathroom a little out dated, we had cable tv and a small balcony overlooking the lovely gardens. Check in was fast and efficient and the staff are friendly and attentive. The Pool area is great, it has swim up bar and lots of lounge chairs and bean bags around for everyone.
As others have said there are a lot of loud Australians here, but we didn't hear any noise late at night.
Great location if you want to be right in the heart of Kuta.

Only negative you have to pay for wifi.

Room Tip: Book the renovated rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here, March for 4 nights with friends.

Pro's

- very central location to pubs / clubs / shopping ect, but quiet enough off the beaten track.
- nice gardens / grounds.
- cheap price ($40 night)

Con's

- the Feral scumbag Aussies at their lowest. This place must attract the worst of the worst from Centrelink. The language, drinking, rudeness, and total disregard for other guests or staff. We spent all of our time out as we couldn't stand being around the pool area with these animals.

Kuta itself is full of this type and it really is appalling. When the balinese asked me where I was from, I said I was from another country due to the pure embarrassment. Shame Australia.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and stay where the animals (Aussies) don't graze.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My 2 friends and I stayed at the Dewi Sri for a week after spending our first week at the Bounty Hotel. If you want a mental holiday with your friends, don't go the Dewi Sri. It's very chilled, which my friends and I wanted after spending a hectic week at the Bounty.

I really have no complaints about this hotel. The staff were nice, the cleaners were funny, cheap as chips & the pool was great. If I had to complain about something it would be you had to pay for the wifi.

I'd suggest if you're traveling with family or a loved one, to definitely check out the Dewi Sri.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have just come home from staying 12 nights at this property.

Now before I start my review I must explain that I am very experienced Bali traveller (5th stay), and I am a hotel manager in Sydney.

My only gripe was with my fellow Australian Tourists staying at this property. I do honestly believe the cheap rate has attracted bogan clientele (for lack of a better word). All I can say is Australians behaving badly! Smoking at breakfast, swearing in public areas, intoxication to the extreme at all times, allowing their children to run wild like they are from the bush and this is first time they have been in civilisation, and just being really rude in general. The beach, nice restaurants, and expensive spas work as a fine retreat from the Aussie bogan culture.

People I must stress that you really need to look at what you are paying, aka I paid a little over $500 AUS for my stay, which included breakfast.

* I had a very cool room
* STANDARD room, which was more then adequate
* Very clean, and helpful housekeeping team
* Cable television
* Little balcony out the front of my room over looking garden area
* very safe location with security 24 hours
* 24 hour room service available

Wireless internet is at additional cost, but was also very reasonable.

Sure this property is not in league of a 5 Star resort on the beach... but neither is the price people! Save your money stay here, and spend the money on a Bali experience!

Room Tip: If you are booking a standard room, ask for ground floor.. if you don't want to be bothered at b...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from 1st-15th march this year. I went with hubby and my two kids 3 and 4 and a half.
The family rooms are so spacious and located in the back corner of the hotel so not noisy at all. Each day the room cleaners made different towel animals for the kids. Something my two grew to love after our morning swim each day. I've never seen two kids so excited to open a hotel room door!!
Breakfast is simple but still has a range. If one morning there isnt bacon, just ask and staff will get some.( must admit when we first arrived, the hotel wasnt busy so staff were quite slack starting breakfast at 7am- almosf trying to look busy as not to start cooking. One morning I actually had to ask for the toaster to be plugged in.)
This did improve as the hotel got busier.
The lane outside has many shops but I only shopped at one. It has set prices and not pushy at all. Wayan and Brett (an aussie) would also go out of their way to get any clothes I needed that they didnt have, and it was within the day!! They are also a great source to ask any question. They told me the best laundry to use ( kelly's- one they personally use) and also help with any directions I needed.
You will meet doona the minute you leave the hotel. She is extremely pushy. The minute you make friends with wayan and brett, she leaves you alone as she gets her nose out of place. Its almost picking sides.
Great location for this hotel. Close to poppies 1 and 2, close to bars and clubs and only 5 minute walk to melasti st and garlic lane. ( garlic lane has ketut fixed price shop and miss derbys fixed price shop) ask to go out the back of miss derbys :)
Overall I would happily stay here again

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Dewi Sri Hotel? Share your experiences!