Stayed here for 9 nights. At first was very disapointed as room was old and dingy and not all that clean. Room I booked was for a renovated room.Staff were very accomodating and showed us to another room which was worse. Eventually settled on a room. Overnight the air conditioner broke down and next day it was unable to be fixed.
Despite my constant request to speak to manager we were told "is no manager".
Staff eventually showed us a renovated room and what a surprise it was very nice.
So again we moved and very happy with this room. The sheets and towels required attention as although clean they did not look it. We visit Bali often and the water can not be blamed for this. Not sure what the problem was.
Breakfast is something we look forward to when travelling but unfortunately this hotel mainly caters to asian style breakfast. The sachets of butter were also not placed in ice so toast was out as well. It was rancid.
Did speak to the restaurant manager and he ensured for the remainder of our stay that it was iced and was so helpful. They offered us cheese slices and bacon each morning which was lovely. ( Even though we didn't always want it). Can't speak highly enough of the restaurant manager. He tried really hard as did all the lovely restaurant staff.
Reception staff were mostly good but the one or two who only wanted to help when someone in charge was around did make it a bit difficult at times. The stand out was one of the security guards, nothing was too much trouble and he went out of his way to be helpful.
We eventually got to speak with the director/manager who explained about the renovations and various things that had gone wrong and was most apologetic.
The pool bar was non existent and not many people used the pool. Although small it was nice.
We did notice that things around the hotel were changing for the better as the manager was there each day and it did make a difference. Hotel is in a great location 5 min walk from the main shopping mall and water bom and restaurants everywhere.. Easy to get around on foot, bike or car.
I had decided I wasn't going to stay here again but after chatting with manager I can't wait to go back and see all the changes as I do believe it will be sensational.
Was going to use the massage centre but the tax surcharge hidden on a sign by overgrown garden put me off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you so much for selecting Melasti Beach Bungalows as your home away from home. Build and founded among set of tropical garden and exotic plants, Melasti Beach bungalows & Spa, Provide you a sense of calm holiday and peace of mind. Just 5 minutes drive from airport on the Kuta Beach, close to the biggest shopping area on Kuta, Waterboom Park and Yes! Kuta night life. When Balinese hospitality meets western comfortability, you can have the word "Melasti" in mind meeting all of your expectation available in various rooms categories : Suite Room, Deluxe Room, Superior Room, and Standard Room for those who wish to have the whole comfortability at home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Melasti Kuta Bungalows and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melasti Beach Bungalows Hotel Kuta
- Melasti Beach Bungalows And Spa
- Melasti Beach Hotel
- Melasti Kuta Bungalows And Spa Bali