Just returned from 8 nights at Melasti Bungalows - 2 mums and 4 kids aged 8-13. We stayed in deluxe rooms which were clean and roomy. However the views were "limited" to say the least. The rooms across the corridor from us faced straight into the art market next door so were very dark - TVs were old tube type with bad reception. The best thing about the Melasti Bungalows the staff - friendly and helpful to the max. On the whole the hotel is dark, dated and dingy, The restaurant is awful - dirty and, yes, dark. Breakfast IS limited, When I saw the reviews about the bad brekky, I thought "how can you complain when at home you probably just have toast and cereal anyway?". Well, even toast and cereal at the Melasti is awful!! Chewy cornflakes and toast that has the consistency of clay! The egg station was good, tho. The 'restaurant' was Smokers Central - yuk - no separate areas for non smokers. The hotel is like 3 different buildings cobbled together - the traditional Balinese bungalows and 2 ugly concrete things. The small pool in the garden is nice, however the sunbeds and the pergola there are really old and indesperate need of an update (and a good clean). The toilets in the pool area stink. The large pool is bizarrely built under one of the concrete buildings and is also in need of a serious update. The lobby is being renovated - white and full of mirrors (a bit like being trapped in a disco ball!!) - All in all, I would not recommend this hotel. As I said, the staff were wonderful, but that's about it. Disappointed kids, disappointed mums .....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you so much for selecting Melasti Beach Bungalows as your home away from home. Build and founded among set of tropical garden and exotic plants, Melasti Beach bungalows & Spa, Provide you a sense of calm holiday and peace of mind. Just 5 minutes drive from airport on the Kuta Beach, close to the biggest shopping area on Kuta, Waterboom Park and Yes! Kuta night life. When Balinese hospitality meets western comfortability, you can have the word "Melasti" in mind meeting all of your expectation available in various rooms categories : Suite Room, Deluxe Room, Superior Room, and Standard Room for those who wish to have the whole comfortability at home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your Melasti Kuta Bungalows and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melasti Beach Bungalows And Spa
- Melasti Beach Bungalows Hotel Kuta
- Melasti Beach Hotel
- Melasti Kuta Bungalows And Spa Bali