“Poor room with a good location” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
SAVE 15% OFF ROOM RATE
Ranked #61 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Poor room with a good location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We check in to Yulia Beach Inn for our first night of our trip. It's wasn't a good experience at all.

First of all, while we check in the room, everything seems ok. We asked them to help to spray mosquito repeller, and the staffs are helpful enough to do it. And then we went out for dinner.

After dinner, we came back. And the room's air cond still cold that time. I went to shower, but the shower head is leaking, and the water pressure is very very small. I took longer time to just take a shower, and felt so frustrated. And then we ring the receptionist. They sent man here, and said until next day they can only fix it. My husband asked why don't they use other's room's showerhead and change to ours. They then realized. And finally they changed it, and it's turn SLIGHTLY better. I think this hotel have problem with the water pressure.

After shower, we already so tired and went to bed. And don't know why the air cond becoming not cold. It's just produced WIND.but it's was almost 2am .. And we were very tired as our flight reach at night. We just moved our bed, and make sure we can have better distance to feel the air cond. But it was horrible. I felt the air cond is run out of gas or leaking. But we already tired to complain, since we check out very early tomorrow. So we finally fall asleep.

I woke up early in 6am. Another frustrated thing, after I went toilet, the flush is not working. And then my husband is the one who fixed it. :(

After we took the breakfast, we check out. And I did tell the receptionist the room's condition. And the man just said :" ok, thank you "!! How poor is this kind of service?

My driver told me this hotel is kinda old. No wonder their facilities already went old. This is a bad experience. And we will never check in to this hotel again!

Room Tip: Our room is 801. Just next to the reception, the wifi signal is better, but not so stable
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located very nice because it is right in the centre of Kuta, 5 minutes walk to the beach but still the location itself is quiet. This is the 3rd time my wife and I stay here and it is our favourite. The breakfast is good, more than enough choice, the staff is very friendly and helpfull, the swimming pool nice and the price reasonable.
The staff also makes life easy for you, e.g. I wanted to rent a motorbike and they arranged it for me.Motorbike ( in good condition) delivered and picked up at the hotel and for a very good price.
If the hotel stays like this including the price it will be our hotel for the coming years also.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Room was very new, well equipped and very clean. Location is on a quiet street, close to the centre of kuta - which was exactly what i was looking for but might not be to everyone's liking depending on your view of kuta.

Stayed April 2012
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The area is squalid, and on exiting the hotel you a mobbed by rude and pushy men pimping overpriced T shirts, Girls, Viagara, Taxis,.... it is simply horrible.

The rooms are clean and its a very quiet location, the cleaning and garden staff are good - but the front desk managers are creepy. Breakfast was sort of OK for the 1970s.

The real problem for me was the lack of functioning internet for most of the day and night.

If a hotel advertises a pool it should have water; if it advertises a restaurant it should have food. So what makes these morons think that they can advertise internet and it not have a signal??. It was the hotels problem as local coffee shops nearby were OK.

It was essential for my stay. I voted with my feet and checked out.

Wish I could recommend it but cannot

Room Tip: Ask for rooms art the back
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I am writing to warn people of the corruption at this hotel, on 3 seperate occasions, my sister and i picked up on corrupt activity at the Yulia Beach Kuta, my daughter used her credit card to pay for accommodation in January, 1 week later, someone in London stole $298.00 Australian dollars out of her account, so the bank closed her card down, only place she used it was at the desk at the Yulia, Next time was when my sister and i went to pay our accommodation with our credit cards, my sister noticed thatthe girl doing the transactions was writing all of our credit card details, e.g. numbers, expiry etc down on the back of their copy of the receipt,?
we questioned this proceedure, and demanded we see their copy of the receipt, upon which i crossed out all the details, and explained to them that this was in breach of our security, they were not happy.

Then on the last day oof our holiday, i had my remaining $300.00 Australian Dollars stolen
from our LOCKED safe, when i questioned them, they basically said , go to the police, and file a report, but of course it was too late to proceed , as we were flying out, this is why they steal from you on the last day, because most people do not have time to report it.

My advise to anyone who is thinking about going to stay at the Yulia Beach Hotel, Kuta, is to rethink, and rebook elsewhere, this is REAL corruption. and they are all in on it.

I go to bali 5 times a year , and stay at differant hotels all the time, i have never had money stolen, or credit cards details copied like what happens at the YULIA BEACH INN, KUTA.

Jeanne .

Room Tip: No good rooms, when your money gets stolen from the Locked Safe?
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

The check in staff are excellent and very warm and friendly when you walk past.
Great location, on the main street of kuta, with a minimart next door with a good money changer. The restaurant is great value and has good quality food and fast free wifi.
The room was not bad, quite small, a very good air conditioner and a decent size tv. The sheets and towels were clean and replaced every day. The bed is quite hard, but I prefer a soft bed so it may suit some people.
My only dislikes we're that the cleaners start quite early and a few mornings I was woken up around 6:30AM to the sound of sweeping outside my room
Also the first few days the pool looked quite nice and we swam in it, but after that it started to go very green and not clear and we were hesitant to swim in it. Lucky we didn't because the next day a sign was put up advising not to swim.
There is a very nice courtyard to sit in and it is very quiet for a hotel that is on such a busy street.
Watch out if you park a scooter inside the premises because it will be moved at some point and if you can't remember what yours looks like exactly, it will take a very long time to find it!
For the money you could find something better, but you are paying for the good location in central Kuta.
If you stay there, watch out for the people in the hidden oasis market a few doors down, they will hassle you and con you into virtually giving away money.

Stayed March 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Crazy, but fun, drive from the airport with all the mayhem and chaos on the roads. We squeezed down lanes barely wider than the car so we had no idea what to expect from the Yulia.

Location;
Really good. Off a main street about 4 mins walk from Legian and all the action. Also about 5 mins from the beach. Jalan Pantia (Beach street) has tons of shops, cafes, a few bars and restaurants. On the beach front road those who need home comforts have McD's, Starbucks (yuk), Hard Rock, etc. But why bother? Go experience the many lovely local restaurants/cafes/bars.

Arrival;
Very warm, welcoming and friendly. The girls on reception were lovely! There was some minor building by reception but this did not bother us at all. I was not sure about our room as those by reception I am sure can be noisy. We were offerd a room by the pool or to the rear. We choose the rear. A good choice!

Room;
It was actually a small and tasty bungalow. Absolutely no complaints at all. Recently refurbished, clean, great bathroom and a nice little seating area outside. Yes..very nice.

Food;
The cafe/restaurant serves very good food at reasonable prices. Clean with excellent service from friendly staff.

Amenities;
Very small but charming pool surrounded by greenery and stone works in the middle of the resort. A lovely place to chill or relax. (if no pesky kids around).

Overall;
We toroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are refurbished and quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Yulia Beach Inn? Share your experiences!