“Just what we needed.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Margaret River, Australia
“Just what we needed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

This hotel is in a great location,across from the beach, close to everything but still quiet enough to get some peace. Rooms were a good size with small balcony and bathroom was good enough.
It was priced well, about $80 AUD which included breakfast which was enough. Swim up bar is always a winner. All in all a well priced hotel in an excellent location.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed at the Grand Istana Rama 2 nights. The location was good, just in front of Kuta Beach (but the beach was so dirty, we'll never walk on it again). Breakfast was huge and tasty, staffs were polite, friendly and helpful.
But the whole hotel (including restaurant, lobby, swimming pool, guest rooms) was old and not clean. We got a bathroom that smelled so bad and there were many dirty stains anywhere on the floor of the room. When we payed the price of a four-star-hotel we had expected something much better.
We never come back there again at least untill they undertake proper renovation.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Arrived at the hotel early, staff got our rooms cleaned and ready within an hour which was great. Pool is lovley always clean and open 24 hours, swim up bar was amazing. Breakfast was nice, rooms were very clean, staff are very friendly. short walk to night life for the youngsters like myself. Very nice cheap hotel would stay there again. Great family hotel

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Perth, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

The staff & service was wonderful, breakfast was great, location was perfect (directly across the road from the beach) so my partner went swimming there everyday. we paid I think roughly $130 per night AUD through a travel agent.

I asked for a massage and they sent a little balianese lady up who massaged on the bed. She was wonderful and I think only charged about 100,000 Rupiah

The only one small thing that i could complain about was the showers, they got a little moudly around the bottom and our friends next door blocked and started flooding.

But overall it was a great hotel and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We had a minimum budget around IDR 500k to 600K per room per night, but then we got a good deal from the receptionist staff for price IDR 450K + 21% Taxes per room per night include brekafast for 2 persons in each room. We stayed in Grand IStana Rama Hotel for 21 days and we used 4 room with 2 rooms added with extra bed.

I wanna go back to Bali and stay in this hotel again, because I can get a good deals of surfing lesson(s) just on the opposite of this hotel. I think it's not a hotel, but it's a resort, even if this resort is a bit old fashioned, but we (all) like this hotel and we MUST GO BACK TO BALI AND STAY IN THIS LOVELY RESORT.

Thank you to Grand Istana Rama Hotel :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed in this hotel on 26-28 Disember 2009 with another 2 of my friends and we were staying at Garden Suite for the price of Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) RM450.00 per night. I've got this room during MATTA Fair in Kuala Lumpur and I was told by the hotel marketing manager that this hotel has been qualified as 4 star and located at the best location in Kuta. I was depressed and sad after paid such amount and I felt like I was cheated that this hotel is not exactly that I was told and imagined. This hotel is not qualified as 4 star instead they are 3 star.

During my day of check-in, the front desk was not really friendly and I wasn't being acknowledged with anything. No aircond yet no wifi provided at the hotel and lobby area. The lobby area looks like an old haunted house of which they need major refurbished.

My room is located at Room 103 and 111 of which this is Garden Suite. The panorama of this suite is very nice with a lush beautiful garden with bird chirping and surrounded by plant and trees. Each suite is gated. However, the furniture in both rooms are very sad and old despite they are trying to put an LCD tv in the room. It needs to be refurbished. The housekeeping is not alert with the toiletries of which they are not fill-up/ stocked-up the finished shampoo and shower gel accordingly.

The cafeteria (Samudera Cafe) is under renovation. Hence, during breakfast time, theres plenty of noise ding-dang-ding-dang of the workers upgrading the cafe area. They are variety of food choices and the quality is consider good.

Swimming pool area looks old fashioned and the bar at the pool area needs to be enhanced. The changing room at the pool area is super dirty and smelly and its unbearable.

The hotel located almost the end of Kuta road far from Hard Rock and busiest area of Kuta. The hotel is very old of which it needs extra improvement and renovation needs to be done if want to compete with other hotels nearby. I would not suggest everyone to stay in this hotel as other hotels i.e.: Mercure, Hard Rock, Aneka Kuta, Inna Kuta as well as Kuta Seaview is really in the heart of Kuta area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Istana Rama Hotel Bali? Share your experiences!