“Great central location, wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legian Paradiso Hotel

Save Saved
You added Legian Paradiso Hotel to your Saves list
Legian Paradiso Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Legian No. 118, Denpasar, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #39 of 177 hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Great central location, wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I travelled on my own to Bali for 5 nights (Mon- Fri) and chose this hotel for its central location, affordability and good reviews. I was not disappointed. I asked for a garden view room, thinking that around the pool might be noisy. I was given one over looking the reception and the water features, which was nice listening to the water when sitting on the balcony. I was a bit concerned regarding the noise from the bar and band, however the band finished by 1030 each night (don't know about Saturday's). If you are a early to bed I would suggest you ask for a room further down into the hotel. did not hear a thing after 10.30pm.
The room was spacious with nice big cool white tiles, nothing flash, but comfortable. The bathroom could do with a bit of work, but was clean. The cleaning staff always ensured that the room was clean and tidy each day.
All the staff, were welcoming, especially those who were on duty when I arrived and said hello each time I saw them.
Food in the restaurant was always nice and affordable, drinks at the bar on the high side compared to other places (still cheaper than Australia).
All in all I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool or garden at rear of the complex.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
LegianParadiso, Manager at Legian Paradiso Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear 2013Sharon1963,
Sunny greetings from Legian Paradiso Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your Legian Paradiso experience and we are happy to hear that that you had an amazing stay here at the resort.

I do greatly appreciated your comments upon our team and certainly will share it with them that I believe they will feel very appreciated.

On behalf of the entire team, we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Albany, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hiya, I recently went to Bali in October 2013, for my first time with my parents and siblings. My dad has been over a few times for boys weekends, and they always stay at Paradiso.
Paradiso looks after everyone! I'm 21 and my siblings are 19 and 15. They loved the place! As did both my parents.

Being young, I loved the location. A short, yet interesting walk up to the night life! Great location with shopping, taxis are so cheap if you need to get any where!

I can not explain how much I love the staff. They looked after you and treat you like family.
The whole family enjoyed the pool and swim up bar, which you can eat meals at also.

Bloody Sweet - some of the BEST food i've ever had. The location is amazing. Being my first time in Bali, I loved how it was on a main street. Eating dinner and watching everyone walk past. I loved the AFL banners out in the bar, only concern there was no North Melbourne Kangaroos! Best "long island ice teas"!!! Order one at the bar :) yummm.

I do not have a bad thing to say about the place. I miss everyone there!
I will deffinetly be back with all my friends!

I'd recommend everyone to stay.
Olivia, 21, ALBANY WA

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Olivia M,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

we enjoyed our stay there very friendly staff good clean rooms.There were nana and pop and our granddaughter,close to all the shops and a short walk to the beach.pool bar very handy in the heat.we could swim till about 9.30 witch was great because you hot at night.Food in the restaurant for breakfast was fine and tastydinner in the frount was good to watch the rest of the would go past.give it a go ///.A little bit hot in November.

Room Tip: We had a corner on the bottom it was fine and quite but close to the pool.The Wiifi was fine as wel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Egg6,

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was a bit spoiled in Ubud where $55 a night gets you something really special. It seems along the beach it gets you something a bit more ordinary.

The first turn off is when you pull up to Legian Paradiso and the restaurant at the front, "Bloody Sweet", is all decked out in Aussie footy paraphernalia. Oh dear.

Wandering down the path it gets a bit better. The gardens are lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are a very standard basic hotel room style, but are clean and the air con worked well. There is wifi in the rooms though it tended to be a bit patchy.

The buffet breakfast was good although the weird weak grey tea in a pot was just confusing. Ask for hot water and a teabag if you want a cup of tea.

The pool with swim up bar is fine too, and cocktails nice.

Basically, take away the guests and what you see on the website is what you get - a decent looking middle of the range hotel. The shame of it all was basically the clientèle this hotel attracted. Fat loud bogans, with top to toe tatts, who spent all day hanging around the smallish pool and swim up bar, drinking, smoking, splashing..... And teens who partied on, loudly, into the night.

An Aussie bogan footy crowd is not the kind of atmosphere I look for in OS accommodation.

I can't say the hotel was terrible, as most of the people there seemed to like it. I guess it's just not what I was expecting. I won't be going back and I wouldn't recommend it to my friends since it's not really the sort of place they'd want to stay either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Maia L,
Warmest Greetings from Legian Paradiso Hotel.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am most concerned that you have left with such a negative feeling about our Hotel and I sincerely regret that we have failed to meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your valuable feedback regarding services and facilities is taken very seriously.

Your feedback will certainly be taken into consideration when future refurbishment will be planned. We have well noted all your concerns and will follow up accordingly with related departments for further improvement and rectification to ensure that we maintain a high quality of service to all of our guests.

Dear Maia L, I hope despite your disappointment on this occasion you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

I hope despite your less than perfect stay on this occasion you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great staff and facilities with everything at hand, the food was excellent and the service prompt and pleasing. If you don't wish to pay top dollar for a bed and an A/C this is the place. Its in a great position and a $3 cab ride from anywhere. This is not an upmarket hotel but caters for the clever traveller that needs the basics. Overall an enjoyable stay, the pool was fine and the bars were handy. The cleanliness of the areas and rooms after the daily service was exemplary. We were 4 adults no kids.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Des S,

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great location. My request of a pool room on my arrival was not available , they upgraded to a Deluxe room. The next day they moved me to a pool room when it become available. Very friendly staff from the reception , restaurant, room attendant to the pool bar staff. Room clean. Very comfortable all you need in a room. Next time in Bali will stay there again. Henk

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Henk69,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights, rooms were clean and had everything needed. Worked out after day 1 that you could put something else in key card holder in room so that the air con stayed on and kept room cool for return, massages may be other places but I loved booking in daily at the hotel so that I just had a short walk to bed. Good location for exploring in all directions. And hotel staff super friendly to ask questions. It's nice to be at a hotel that isn't too big, sort of felt like we were in a little village.

Room Tip: We had room I think garden view 3102 /3104 away from vans and late partying guests.
Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KJTIMEAWAY,

Arys Pradana

Been to Legian Paradiso Hotel? Share your experiences!