“Short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Gold Coast Australia
“Short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were only here for 8 hours, used as a bed/shower while waiting for our flight home.
We checked in here when our previous hotel could not provide late check out.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, check in quick and we were shown to our room on the 2nd floor.
New and modern, hotel style accommodation.....be interesting to see what it's like in a few years time.
Our room had a balcony, over looking the pool. Bed was comfortable, soft compared to others in Asia. Bathroom was average size, shower was very large and powerful.
Slippers and robe provided in room.
Pool is in the middle of the building.
The pool is clean, and a decent size, however has a cloudy appearance, not sparkling clear water.
There is a bar by the pool serving drinks etc.
Comfortable sun lounges around the pool, I doudt there would be enough if the hotel was full though.
We had room service and it was quick and tasty and resonably priced.
The location was good, tucked down a Laneway between Legian St and the Kuta beachfront.
I would recommend for those wanting a modern, comfortable base for business or shopping and excurtions, however if you want to laze around at a resort, this would probably not be what you are looking for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tracjase68,

Thank you for yoour time to write a review of your recent 'short' stay with us, eventhough it was short but your review was quite comprehensive and details.

Considered as a newly opened hotel our concept is modern minimalist, yet complete in room facilities. Our staff is well trained in Balinese hospitality with its friendliness, and guests satisfaction oriented service.

We would like to have another opportunity to serve you back.. for a longer stay in the nearest future so we can deliver a complete wonderful experience of staying at The Bene.

Your sincerely

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Hotel staffs are friendly. Pool well maintain but juz the water of the pool is abit milky not a clear pool water supposed to be. My son enjoy the pool so much. Got a pool access room but only disappointed of the drain smell. Location was good.overall my son n I had a fantastic stay n time. Bravo to bene hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Marni O,

Thank you for your comment for your recent stay at The Bene and mention it as A Fantastic Stay.
Please apologize for the defect during yor stay, we will urgently follow up on your cemment on the defect. But awe glad that you and your son overall enjoyed very much the hotel and its facilities.

Thank you for choosing The Bene for your family holiday.. and we are looking forward to welcome and serve you back at The Bene in the soonest opportunity.

Your sincerely

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The location is pretty good and central. It just takes a few minutes to get to the main street Jalan Legian. The service is pretty good, too. Always friendly and helpful and ready for a chat. Only thing, they want to take copy of credit card when check-in, but just let them know you don't wish them to do so.
Breakfast was pretty good. Buffet style with a good variety of choices. The freshly made pancakes had it all in for me.
The room was spacious and clean and even though all rooms are facing the poolside, it was never loud or disturbing.
Can highly recommend The Bene hotel and would chose to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear globetrotter1277,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us at The Bene, and share it with others. It is very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, ackowledging our friendly service and happy with the facilities of the hotel, specially the room.

Our breakfast is simple buffet yet comfort for breakfast meals, with the egg station and pancake station where you can have your ommellete or any kind of egg dishes freshly cooked.

Location wise we are in the quiet section of the central kuta where we can easily acces the beach and shopping center at the other ends.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you back at The Bene at the nearest future.

Best Regards

Resort Manager.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed at the Bene for a week in February. The hotel itself is more than adequate as a comfortable location to retreat to at the end of a busy day.

It is a 10 minute walk to beachwalk hotel which has plenty of shops, cafés and restaurants, a 20-30 minute walk to Kuta Square and the party district and a block away from the beach (however, Kuta beach isn't spectacular so I wouldn't stay at the Bene/ Kuta in general if you'd intend to go to the beach on a daily basis.)

The hotel, both exterior and interior, was extremely clean clean and the staff were lovely. I would recommend the Bene to anyone who intends on visiting Bali to do day trips and explore and would just like a comfortable base for the mornings and evenings. The hotel doesn't have much to offer as far as entertainment or dining goes, but fine for room service on lazy nights.

Overall, it's certainly not a resort and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who enjoys spending whole days at hotels, but it is more than adequate otherwise.

• Stayed February 2014
Sumariana M, Manager at The Bene Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Marijana D,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Bene.We are glad to know that you have a pleasant stay, and enjoyed the facilities and our Balinese Hospitality. We try to keep the cleanliness of the rooms and other facilities as our top priority, as asseta brand new hotel, we put extra effort on it. The staff for us is the biggest asset of the hotel, so we try to keep them perform as genuine Balinese people with its smile and friendliness.

Thank you for your input on the evening entertainment, currently we are working on how to put some more attraction during evening time.

Once again we thank you for choosing The Bene for your vacation, and we are looking forward to welcome you back at the nearest future.

Your Sincerely

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

we have an excellent stay in this hotel, while the top 2 floors were being fitted out there was no noise disruption.
the hotel maybe hard to find it the first time as it is relatively a new hotel
we had the royal suite on the ground floor and had more than enough room.
the staff were excellent.
breakfast was simple and without the extensive spread you might get at other hotel, but than are more than happy to cook the eggs anyway, pancakes with any topping and prepare the bacon soft.
one staff member Dede always went out of his way to ensure we were looked after.
this is the first hotel that i have been to that a staff member asked for feedback on ways to improve their hotel to try and make it better.
once the roof top bar is completed it will be a good location to hang out as the views to the ocean and mountains are excellent

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gary F,

Thank you for rating us as excellent little boutique hotel, and writing a review on your excellent stay on October 2013. We are happy to know that you were enjoying the stay at our Royal Suite, really greatful for your understanding for our little finishing project at our property that time.

The breakfast is simple buffet, but we try to ensure that its fullfill the need for breakfast meal with basic american breakfast plus some hot dishes in variation daily, also a station for freshly made panceakes and ommeletes.

Our staff always do beyond their duties to ensure the guests are looked after and satisfied with the service and products provided.

Thank you once again and we look for another opportunity to welcome and serve you back at The Bene at the earliest future.

Best regards

Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed 4 nights in a Pool Access room during Feb 2014. The staff were very helpful and friendly, they assisted me with directions to restaurants, ordered us taxis, and they printed our boarding passes. The hotel pool area is so relaxing, frangipani trees line the pool and I really loved the timber features around the place. Our room was clean and neat, not a large room but ample for a couple. Big shower. The bed was very comfortable, not too hard or too soft. Complimentary bottled water every day was great. The pool was almost bath-water temperature which turned out to be much appreciated on a couple days there was quite a cool breeze, we could still swim. Bar staff are happy to serve drinks/cocktails to you whilst around the pool. The breakfast buffet offers various choice. The hotel is only 5 minutes walk to Kuta beach, and less than 10 minutes to the main street inland. It's a quick walk to most places around Legian/Kuta, however when you're inside the hotel you can completely forget about the hussle bussle. The only fault I could pick is that there was quite alot of noise, including some loud machinery being operated, from approximately 7am most mornings which disrupted any chance of a sleep-in. Also, staff do strictly ensure that pool towels are returned by 9pm each evening. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't review their restaurant. It appears there are newly installed lights along the alley leading to the Bene, so it's well-lit now. I didn't use any of the Bene's Spa services. Wadung Spa at the end of the alley is nice and close, and all the ladies working there are very friendly. Along the alley heading inland there is a bar on an intersection called Sidoi, we really enjoyed lunch there. Overall, my husband and I very much loved our stay at the Bene. We celebrated our wedding anniversary in blissful fashion!

Room Tip: Ask for a layout of the rooms, I would suggest the Pool Access rooms along the East are the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sumariana M, Manager at The Bene Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear BreeAsha,

Firstly we thank you for your time to write a review on your recent stay at The Bene and share it with others. It was so delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed staying with us. Your appreciation on our room cleanliness, our hotel architectures, and other facilities. Our aim is to enhance the guests satisfaction thru high level of service and Balinese hospitality. Our Pool have a sufficient sunshine during the day, so the water always warm. Please apologize for the disturbance during your stay.

Yes we now installing new lights in cooperation with our neighbourhood hotel.. so its lite up well now.

Once again we thank you for your 5 stars rating.. and it motivates us to keep maintaining the level of service in high level.

We are looking forward for another opportunity to welcome you back at The Bene at the nearest future.

Your Faithfully,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at the Bene for six nights in February 2014. From the time I checked in until the time I checked out I experienced nothing but great service with courteous and respectful staff. At check in I was offered a seat and given a welcome drink and towel. Check in took a matter of minutes and I was escorted to my room. When I arrived at the room the porter informed me of everything I needed to know about the hotel. My room was clean and well equipped and I was welcomed with a fruit basket and fresh flowers. It was quite roomy and very modern. It had all the usual conveniences such as mini bar, toiletries including a toothbrush and toothpaste : ), hairdryer, a safe, gown and slippers. There was even an Australian adaptor on the power point. There was a comprehensive information folder and room service menu…room service is 24 hour. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to bring it home. Room service was regular and efficient. The balcony had a nice set of table and chairs, a clothes rack and a great view of the pool. The pool was clean and well maintained. There was service around the pool for food and drinks as required. The pool was also open from early in the morning to 9pm so it catered for everyone's needs. I ate each day in the restaurant. The restaurant was small and modern in design.The breakfast was good and catered for everyone. It included asian cuisine, continental breakfast and western food such as bacon and eggs. Table service for coffee and tea. There was a variety of meals for lunch and dinner and I was never disappointed. I attended the spa 4 times within the 6 days I was there. The Balinese massage was amazing as was the facial treatment, foot reflexology and manicure. I was so relaxed I fell asleep. The staff were friendly and experienced. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to Kuta beach and about 10 minutes to the shopping centre. There are at least three mini marts within a 1 minute walk from the hotel. I requested a taxi from reception and it arrived within minutes. Before the taxi was ordered the staff explained there is a 30,000 rupiah limit which was considerate. The hotel is very quite and hidden away which I liked. As per previous reviews it is down a very narrow street however so are a lot of hotels in Kuta. I didn't mind this and found it to be a great get away from the traffic in the beach area. There are very clean public use toilets in the foyer area.There was not one staff member who didn't say good morning or hello with a smile. They all spoke good English and I got a hug when I left. Checking out also took a matter of minutes. I had a let check out at 6pm, usual check out is 12pm. Thank you to Didi, Amaide and Juni for your company and excellent service….and others who I have forgotten your names. Would highly recommend and return again!

Room Tip: I was in a nice room on the third floor…..I noticed there were some very large suites that would sui...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sumariana M, Manager at The Bene Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Dee K,

Thank you for time to write a review of your recent stay with us at The Bene Hotel, and WOW... its a very comprehensive review... and its telling us how happy you are with the The Bene, the facilities, the room, and particularly the friendly and courteous, respectfull staff. and I want to say once again thank you very much.. for the 5 stars rating.. WOW...

It's delightful to know that you had a great experience during the stay, enjoying the food and beverage facilities, the swimming pool even the size was adequate but beautiful, Its trully motivates us to keep maintaining and improving the service quality towards our valuable guests.

Thank you for recommending us to your networks, and we are looking forward to welcome you back to your second home... The Bene Hotel at the nearest future.

Your Sincerely

Resort Manager.

Been to The Bene Hotel? Share your experiences!