“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Penang, malaysia
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is my first trip to Bali. We surf the net and get to know of Park Regis, we decided to give it a try, even though the location is not really near to Kuta square. We checked in on 7 Nov and checked out on 12 Nov. Let me share with you why I like Park Regis and no regret to try it out.

1) The check in process was very efficient and smooth
2) The room is clean, spacious and with a balcony ( the Standard room ), with all the necessary amenities, hair dryer, iron board+iron, kettl, mini bar...........etc
3) Good wifi signal in the room and all common area.
4) Although it is not nearby Kuta Square/beach, all you need is just take a 15 minutes walk or stop a cab ( very convenient ), pay for Rp20,000-30,000 approx to reach Kuta Beach ( depends on traffic condition ). All taxi goes on meter and it is very convenient to stop a taxi anytime at the road side at Kuta.
5) Breakfast is fabulous and they serve different menu daily, I enjoyed my daily breakfast. .especially with the warm service from all the staff worked in Padi-Padi restaurant. All of them are so friendly, helpful and efficient. All smiles are so sincere and nice, we can never forget them especially our last day, all of them greet us and it is too hard to say goodbye.
6) The 24hours convenient store is just sitting beside the hotel.
7) Thank god, no mosquito disturb me at all. I don't need to light up the electronic mosquito repellent supplied in the room.
8) Due to a bit distance away from Kuta, we stay away from all the pubs and night spot. No noise and it leads to a peaceful sleep all night long.

In summary, this is highly recommended to all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Irene_pg

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay with us. I am happy to read you enjoyed you stay and areas such as Check in, a clean room and breakfast met your expectations.

Once again it is wonderful to read that the team provide warm, friendly service that is full of smiles.

I look forward to welcoming you to Park Regis again soon and thank you for your high recommendation.

Michael Ball

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Firstly it's about location, location, location. Not too far from the airport and within walking distance to Kuta Beach, I must say I really like this hotel.
My arrival and subsequent first check-in didn't get off to a good start, I must admit.
From the moment I arrived, the hotel is keen to give its best in terms of service, as my baggage was quickly taken care of and check-in procedures were quickly completed.
They gave me a "pool" view which was a bit of a joke at first, for I saw the edge of the pool and I don't know how that can be a pool view. Then the room was filthy, with footprints all over the place and murky everything else.
I had a rest, and before I left the hotel to Kuta beach, I had a word with front desk about the view and the horrible room.
Without missing a beat, the hotel offered to change my room to one with a proper pool view. They also sent housekeeping to clean up that room and now, everything is satisfactory.
Lastly, as I had wasted enough time in the first room, I asked for a reasonable late check-out and it was granted.
To be honest I don't like the decor because it is mediocre, but can I fault such a hotel that is so keen to serve?
Well done Park Regis. I will definitely be back.
And I can see how you've moved up so quickly through the ratings to number 18. Well done again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Truth777_11

Thank you for your review.

I apologise that the room was dirty when you arrived. This is certainly not our standard and I have spoken with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure correct procedures are enforced. I am glad the Front Office team responded so quickly to the issue and it was solved.

Again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

A brand new hotel just opened. We spent three nights, the second stop on a 3 destination holiday.The welcome from the Apt pick up to the end of our trip was amazing.The friendliest staff that we have ever come across after a long time, always greets you & have a conversation. We had arranged an Apt p/up & drop which was very convenient. Around 15 Min walk to the beach or inquire from the hotel concierge to drop & pick up from the beach.The food was great & very reasonably priced. The room was cleaned twice a day & spacious. Staff all ways willing to help and at your mercy. We even had food that was not on the menu. Recommend to stay for short stays for the price you pay.

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor from the the middle to the back of the hotel if yo are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear christopher P

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I am proud of the team as they provide wonderful service throughout the hotel. The choice of food whether Balinese, Indonesian or those items with a Western influence all receive excellent comments with many thanks to the great kitchen team.
We offer a complimentary shuttle that drops off and collects guests at Kuta Beach twice a day which is recommended the first day so you can get your bearings. The 15 or so minute walk also allows you to be involved in some of the culture if you like otherwise cact the shuttle each day.
Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

good sleep, the room was clean, all the staff very friendly, but the quality of the breakfast is not to good. One more thing that I appreciate is all the staff is very helpful, I left my tablet when I checked out from the hotel and they help me to get information how send the tablet back to me. Absolutely I will stay here again if come to Bali in the future

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Timothy H
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay and how the team were helpful during your stay. The breakfast will continue to be reviewed and improved as we receive many excellent comments reagrding it.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Regis Kuta

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I spent one night in Park Regis Kuta for the pleasant ending of my trip in Bali. I lived a suite with a private swimming pool. That was a amazing experience for me, cause it was my first time to experience this type of room. Before I arrived, I had sent a email for my specific requires, such as the honey moon decor. And I had told them the date I checked in was my birthday. They replied me quickly that I could not imagine. They promised that it would be having a honey moon setting up and preparing for me a birthday cake. You know, how eager to be living there as soon as I can. When I was checking in, the receptionist was kind and there was a tasty welcome drink for me. How about the suit? It looked like a flat with a large bedroom, a living room with a single toilet , a kitchen, a large bathroom, of course, and a lovely pool. Suite was very tidy and private , though it was at the first floor and beside the reception. I wanna point out , the bed was kind size and super super comfortable that I felt relaxed totally.

But I have to say, it was a little bit cold when you were soaking in the pool, even though Bali is a tropical island, and it was too small to swim. The breakfast was disappointing, maybe my expectation was too high as I had ever seen that every comment mentioned how delicious it was. Lastly, the location wasn't prefect. I got stuck in traffic jam when I was heading to there.

In conclude, it was a wonderful night in Park Regis Kuta.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear irismile
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us.
The Deluxe Pool Suites are certainly a great room and we continue to receive excellent comments. We find that special occasions such as honeymoon and anniversay are the most popular reason to stay in these rooms.
I am so glad that you enjoyed the Deluxe Pool Suite and it exceeded your expectations.
The breakfast continues to receive excellent comments and I am sorry you were dispaapoined with it - as you noted your expectation may have been a little high. We continue to review the breakfast content and improve the selection and variety.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Regis Kuta again.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We loved our stay & we'll definitely be back! We stayed in a Deluxe pool suite - it had a large bedroom with a King Bed, a lounge room, kitchenette, large bathroom & another separate toilet - oh and the plunge pool!
Rooms were kept really well (house keeping twice a day) & had everything we needed, staff were always helpful & the breakfast buffet was delicious. Yes the plunge isn't heated but we are in BALI & it isn't cold here - it doesn't need to be warm!!!!
It's situated about a 10minute walk from Legian Street but it wasn't a problem for us, we enjoyed the walk everyday.
Not one bad thing I can think of. For what you pay this is definitely a gem, we'll definitely be staying here next time we are in Kuta.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear AprilandViet
Thank you and I appreciate your feedback following your stay with us.
Our Deluxe Pool Suites are becoming more popular as they become better known. The private pool certainly offers something different along with the separate lounge araea.
We continue to review and improve the content of our breakfast and I am glad you enjoyed it each day.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Regis Kuta soon.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at park Regis for 4 nights. We went as a group of 5 couples / 2 couples of which in your hotel and the other 3 at the Dusun ( a very expensive villa with private pool) and another hotel. Both our other groups got upgraded at their hotels and although we asked several times it was just refused even though the hotel was not even fully booked. The room smelled of smoke and so did the towels. our shower leaked and everything was wet in the bathroom. Also no power point for hairdryer in bathroom and no mirror at desk so had to stand in hallway at kitchen nook to dry hair where there is a mirror (no wind from aircon there so not a pleasant excercise. ! ) The deck at swimming pool is very dangerous with uneven wood panels and not to easy to walk barefoot on. Also a dirty stream right next to the pool. not a very good view. The breakfast room with leather chairs and humid weather does not work. We had to ask for an extra fan just to be able to have breakfast. Not pleasant in the heat. Very friendly staff. Stayed at Kuta quest last time and also got upgraded without asking. They had a shuttle free for their guest to use everyday. We had to pay US$15 to be taken to airport and no trips to town everyday. We paid for a late checkout when we checked in and when we came at our rooms the afternoon it was locked and not cleaned. Andre was a good cleaner though and this was not his mistake. Will not go back and will not recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Michael B, General Manager at Park Regis Kuta Bali, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Iris356

I appreciate the time you took to offer feedback following your stay with us.

I have discussed the various issues you have noted with the Department Heads to ensure we improve them. The owner is also in the process of repairing the deck around the pool and we are waiting on the installation of additional fans in Padi Padi restaurant.
We now have a shuttle that leaves at 0900 and 1800 each day to Kuta Beach and guests may return to the Hotel at approximately 0920 and 1820.

We have a limited number of Junior, Studio Loft and Deluxe Pool Suites that are usually all occupied each day and therefore we are restricted in upgrading guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back again as you can see we continue to improve the service we provide.

Regards

Michael Ball

Been to Park Regis Kuta Bali? Share your experiences!