“If you go Bali you got to stay at white rose!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Rose Hotel & Villas

You added White Rose Hotel & Villas to your Saves list
White Rose Hotel & Villas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Legian Kuta | PO. Box 3867, Kuta, Bali 80001, Indonesia   |
Ranked #63 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Kuala lumpur
“If you go Bali you got to stay at white rose!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

White rose is a fantastic place to be if you going to Bali for holiday, party, relaxation, etc.
Overall I would say it's a superb experience. This is my 2nd time over white rose but it would not be the last.

The environment is good and the facilities are awesome.
I'm saving the best for last, the staffs working at white rose are the best I have been to many places but the staffs at this hotel are the best I would personally give them 10/10
Namely Yanik the beautiful, Jeff the coolest and a very knowledgeable person if you want to know about Bali, Wardana and also Ari. You see I can still remember their names that's why they are awesome.

Happy holiday and you guys got to try white rose Bali!!!

• Stayed July 2014
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Rajcent,

Warmest greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

It was pleasant to hear from you after your second stay at our resort. I am glad to know that you loved both stays. Thank you for pointing out one of our most important strengths: our seasoned staffs who serve with the heart. Your kind word has been shared among all of my team members, including those you mentioned. We are always looking forward to welcoming you to your home away from home.

Warm regards,

Ismullah, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

White Rose is located only 3 minutes walking distance away from the busiest street in Lagain, and only 5 minutes riding distance away from famout Kuta beach. We are basically satisfied with the hotel overall quality (room, swimming pool, breakfast), but was very mad and disappointed about the people work on the front desk.

We have researched and choosed a restaurant in Jimbaran before we went to Bali. We went to the front desk asking them to arrange a taxi for us to get to that restaurant. The guy told us there are so many seafood restaurants around Jimbaran and lots of them are very bad. He told us touists can't tell good/bad restaurants, therefore he wanted to recommend us one he think is the best. I had a bit doubt but wasn't sure the one I pick is really a good one. Therefore we let him make the arrangement for us. As the result, it was a very very very bad seafood restaurant and super expensive!!! The food was bad, and the portion was small. We had a dish of fish and some shrimps and one super small plate of vegetable, and some beers. The total expense was around AUD115. If the food was good then we wouldn't complain. But the food was so bad. We wanted to go back to talk to that guy that he shouldn't do this to his customers just for his own commission with that restaurants, but we were not able to find him again.

Other than this, the breakfast has lots of option everyday but all the same things during the 5 days we stayed there. We would recommend this hotel to people who go to Bali for drink and party only.

Room Tip: Tell the hotel that you want to have a quieter room, otherwise it can be very noisy at night if your...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear HelenWu0618,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

I trust this message finds you well. Thank you for choosing to stay in our resort in your recent getaway. I appreciate your time in posting the review and giving an excellent feedback to us. I was in shock to learn about what you had experienced with one of our frontline staff. I have investigated the issue and will take a disciplinary action against the related staff, not only because he had given you an unjustified recommendation, but also because according to our regulations, we are not permitted to financially benefit from giving recommendation to any of our guests. A meeting was conducted with all of my front office staff and the third-party transport company that has a counter in our premises to specially address the issue. The transport company was strongly warned about this and it was concluded that none of our hotel staff is permitted to assist their drivers to lead any guest to a place for a commission. We will only help guest make a booking to an outside venue of the guest’s preference. Our Management will take further actions if we find similar cases in the future. On a different note, thank you for your feedback in regards to our breakfast variety; we’ll surely take your opinion into account in our effort to present high quality food and variety. Given that we have taken serious actions following your feedback, I am sincerely hoping that you will consider staying with us again in the future. My team and I are looking forward to your return.

Warmest regards,

Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here on our first trip to Bali. We found it really good. The staff are so nice and treat you with huge respect "yes sir, no sir" etc.
Our room was nice and very clean.
The pool area is superb! Great pool towel service.
Free wifi but reception only in pool area and Breakfast area. Breakfast was quite good- the egg station makes it.
Right in kuta/Legian however tucked away behind it all. Close to viaipi restraunt (went there twice) and shops.
They also have a free shuttle service to local destinations twice a day.

Would definitely return!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jmcl7,

Greetings from the sanctuary amid vibrant Kuta!

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay in White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa. I am delighted to know that you had an amazing time. You made an excellent point about our resort: a sanctuary in busy Kuta. Thank you for complimenting our location, staff and food. We will keep working on giving the best memorable stay for all of our guests.

Looking forward to your return!

Kuta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Humiliated, tormented and bullied as a result of incompetence from check in staff, front office staff, bar staff, night auditing staff and the night duty manager. An incorrectly entered room allocation resulted in me being dragged out of bed at midnight treated like a lying criminal by the staff with security present in the lobby of the hotel.

Prior to this at 11:15PM I was telephoned and asked to make payment on a $25 Bar account. On my arriving at the front desk no information I provided was believed by the staff regarding my name, room number, the account, and further more, and no account was available to scrutinise. My parting statement and my belief of agreement the matter could be sorted out in the morning.

Subsequently at 11:45PM a knock on the door and I was escorted to the front desk. Following a protracted interrogation it was established the information previously provided was correct and the account belonged to a colleague. I immediately settled the account in cash. The duty manager lectured me on how hotel procedure operated and the predicament and problem was MY FAULT and that of my colleague and I should be the one to educate the colleague on the White rose hotel procedure. When asked 9 times (after asking the question 3 times I thought it best to keep count) "how is it my fault or my problem" random answers were provided with no relation to this question.

When the question of compensation was raised with the duty manager, he became irrational raising his voice and repeated the abstract answers previously provided and instructed me to make the request to my colleague. When I invited the duty manager to come with me to the colleagues room so the duty manager could explain hotel procedure, he declined because it "is hotel policy not to wake customers after midnight"

I attest to the fact and the experience you can be harassed before midnight, dragged out of bed, interrogated by staff, intimidated with security present, treated as a lying criminal, embarrassed in front of other hotel guests, bullied by a duty manager, who turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear MarcJ,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

On behalf of the Management, I would like to extend our apologies for the unfortunate incident that you experienced in our resort. Thank you for bringing the issue to my attention. It was a shame and did not reflect our mission to consistently give our guests quality service in every moment during the entire stay. I agree with you that had the room allocation for you and your colleague been settled properly during the check in process, we could at least have prevented unnecessary distress with regard to who owned the bill. Due to miscommunication between our Front Office and FB, one of our staff made a call at such a late hour against our normal procedure, considering only information that the room the bill was assigned to was on “Cash Basis”. To complicate the matter, the bill belonged to your colleague, not you. I agree with you completely, that despite the “Cash Basis” note, we should have waited until the next morning to ask for the bill settlement. Besides, we had made a mistake for not asking immediate payment upon delivering the order as we should have. I regret that you should feel harassed and humiliated, and I am deeply sorry for that. However, let me assure you that it was far from our intention to humiliate, let alone treat you like a criminal. It was purely misunderstanding resulting from our negligence, and the confusion that came afterward should have been well anticipated. I addressed this case with all departments related shortly after we received your review to emphasize that we follow standard procedures consistently to leave no room for negligence that can cause disruption to any of our guests. Once again, thank you for bringing up this issue here; it gave us an excellent opportunity to always set a bar higher and higher in delivering our service. I realize that we cannot change what had happened, but I guarantee you that the same incident will never happen again in our resort. In that light, I am sincerely hoping that you will still consider staying with us again in the future and giving us a chance to show the hospitality from the heart that White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa is known for.

With warmest regards,

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Did not know what to expect when we booked because of negative reviews we had read.The moment we arrived we were treated like old freinds.the room was spacious and clean with a lovely outlook to the gardends from our terrace.The swiming pool was large and always spotless and just acrss from bar which had a big screen which was great to watch the World cup and AFL.The hotel provides a shuttle to Matahari shoping and the beach twice a day.The breakfast was not extensive but what they had was delicious.The manager made a point of introducing himself and offering to attend to any problems.I will definely be staying again,we received pampering without the 5 star price

Room Tip: Select a deluxe room as some rooms on top floor facing Legian st are close to noise from clubs
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WhiteRoseHotelVillas, General Manager at White Rose Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear 9gary55,

Greetings from the vibrant side of Bali!

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I appreciate the fact that you chose to stay in our resort despite the few less positive reviews we had in the past. Please rest assured that we keep raising our bar high in giving the best, most indulging stay for our guests. We have recently completed most of our renovation project, and all of our rooms have been remodeled with top quality facilities and amenities. Aside from the physical improvement, we keep maintaining one most important aspect: heartfelt service. I am glad that you had an amazing time with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We got married in the gardens of the White Rose Hotel on Sunday 15th June & it was everything we dreamed of & more.
Shanti the wedding coordinator made the whole experience stress free, we communicated via email for everything concerning our wedding & Shanti made sure every answer we provided her was written down, when we finally got to meet her a week before the wedding she is friendly, warm & easy to get along with :-) we ran us through what would happen on the day & showed us where the ceremony & reception would be set up.
On the day of our wedding Shanti ensured we knew exactly what was going on & was great all round making sure us girls & the boys were getting ready on time & also keeping an eye on the venues & adding our cake, accessories etc to the set up without a hassle at all.
All round it was an amazing day & stay at the hotel for the weekend, they even gave us a gift of a wooden hand fan with our names & wedding date engraved on it :-)
Lastly can't thank Shanti enough for making our day everything we had hoped & dreamed & more, it defiantly exceeded ours & all our guests expectation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jacqui and Brett,

I trust this message finds both of you in excellent health and good cheers!

Congratulations again on your recent wedding. The Management of White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa is wishing you a happy and prosperous life to both of you. Thank you for trusting us with your big day. I am delighted to know that everything went as you had planned and that it was a beautiful wedding and leaving a lasting memory to you and your guests. We were honored to be part of it. Your compliments for Shanti were highly appreciated. She and her team will continue helping make best memorable moments for our guests. Once again, thank you for sharing your beautiful moment with us. We are all looking forward to your return!

Koo-Wee-Rup, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Neat and tidy ,The breakfast was good and hot .The rooms where clean only downside was fireworks from nearby nightclubs exploding at 3 am but if your in Bali to party it's central to everything it's opposite poppies 2 .100meters from bounty and sky garden

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear craig a,

Greetings from White Rose Kuta Resort, Villas & Spa!

Thank you for your recent stay in our resort and for posting a review on us. I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful getaway despite the noise from the fireworks from the neighboring property. I am hoping that you will plan another stay with us in the not-too-distant future.

Ismullah, General Manager

Been to White Rose Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!