“We will certainly be back soon!” 4 of 5 stars

Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Sunset Road No.101, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #51 of 174 hotels in Kuta
Brussels, Belgium
“We will certainly be back soon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

From March 2 to March 7 we had a very enjoyable stay in this Rainforest Resort with a very tasty minimalistic touch. We were surprised to hear that the hotel was not 'officially' opened yet, although this had no effect on our positive experience. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in a roomy junior suite at the back of the hotel, and had no complaints
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SBKU, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Heering,

Thank you for choosing Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest and for your feedback about our hotel; I’ll gladly pass it on to the staff.

For your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any additional service during your stay with us.

Looking forward to see you again in Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
Rennes, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The problem with this hotel is the people.
Management should be more hands-on.
I see the staffs are eager to please clients, always smiling, always say "yes...can", "yes...will", but they can't deliver the premises, can't give solution, LYING to cover up the problem.

They are like headless chicken, trying to firefight the problems everywhere, without any idea what to do, and how to do it well.

For a hotel in the soft opening period, I never see the GM (staff said is an expat) or Duty Mgr, coming settle the problems as it should, regardless how many time the clients show their unhappiness. Why oh why..?

My experiences :
1. When I change room, I have to wait hours (yes.. hours..!!) for my stuffs sending to the new room, even beforehand the reception staff confirmed, there will be no problem, especially concerning my laptop in the 1st room.

After >10 calls, always get the same answer "yes, don't worry, we'll do it" or "yes, the luggage is already on the way to your new room".. though I know IT'S A LIE, because from my new room (exactly above the reception), I can see all.
I can see there's no one come to reception asking for room key, nor come / call to my room..

Then, I change my voice intonation (from "polite" to be "pushy"), i.e to ask, whether I have to go down by myself, to pick up the guy who will take my stuffs from 1st room.

Then, I see (from the window of my room), the staff is panic, and shouting to call someone.

Then, a young guy approaching the reception, and 10 minutes later, my door bell ringing, and this young guy showing (with my luggage, of course) his deeply sorry, saying that he's overloaded, have to do all the room-boy tasks by himself, alone.

I don't know whether it's true or not. What I know, it's not the SOP/Standard of Procedure/ in the hotel hospitality, regardless how many stars it has. It's even poor for a "4 stars" service.

2. I want to try spa & room service, but no menu in the room, so I write down this on Guest Feedback, as input to the management.
2 days later, when I go back from a half-day out, I realize that someone has entered my room, without doing my bed (the bed is still as it was, before I left the room), but I found a room service menu on my table.

Good? Nooooo.. In fact, it's awkward.

Why..? Because before checking out, I realize a soft drink is missing from minibar fridge.
The reception try to charge this on my bill, but I insist that's not my expense, and I tell them about the above awkward story.

Now I know why there's a menu in my room but my bed wasn't done.

To add to this, the reception ask housekeeping staff whether it's true, -the room service menu is just being put in the hotel rooms-. (It means the reception doesn't know what's going on in the hotel?...Hmmm...)
The housekeeping deny it, saying that menu is already there, beforehand.

How come..? I still can prove that I did write input on Guest Feedback, 2 days before.
Why did I write it, if the menu was already there..? ANOTHER LIE.

3. The worst : I use laundry service. Before handing the clothes, I already asked -repeatedly, few times- to the housekeeping staff who came to my room (so it's directly said, not over the phone) whether it's possible to do, because I need the clothes done, the day after, at 8am, before my early check-out to catch up flight.

The staff confirmed and saying "no problem, we'll do it and put it on reception". I write down this on the laundry note. So, should be no problem.

Good? Noooo...

In fact, when I do the check-out, there is no clothes waiting for me at reception, nor the reception staff knows about it, at all. Hmmm....

I just found the hotel doesn't do the laundry. It's an "outsourcing", doing elsewhere.
No problem about it. But the staff should "think" whether it's possible or not.

If they can't think, at least, inform the hotel clients about this (outsourcing laundry), so the clients could do the "thinking", for them.

(and use our logic, whether it's possible or not) before handing our clothes to the hotel staff.

ANOTHER LIE..

Reception staff spent 20 minutes to call housekeeping, then "outsourcing laundry", then housekeeping again.. With no result.. It's really a mess..!!

So there I was, waiting 20 minutes after my check-out done, waiting for my clothes, without any certainty, with time passing by for me missing my flight.

No courtesy shown. Nor any gesture, to do more, to go extra mile, to compensate guest inconvenience.. NOTHING...!!

Finally, it's me who decide, I will take my laundry when I go back to Bali (and I have to pass this hotel, even though I don't want to)
Reception staff say they're really "sorry..", but no solution, no option.

To add this, reception staff even charged me -for the (laundry) service they are failed to do on time, for the clothes that I haven't received yet- Hmmmm...

It really raised my tension, caused me a headache. But I know I'm facing the juniors-unexperienced- ones. It's really clear they don't know how to handle this issue. So, why I spend my energy dealing with them? Therefore, I write down Guest Feedback, hoping the management will react properly.

It's really a pity, because the hotel itself -as a property-, is not bad at all.
As it's name "Rainforest", trying to offer a new concept of "green" city hotel. Open space area with forest ambient behind the reception-hotel entrance, wood panel in most area (instead of concrete), green painted rooms, we don't feel staying in a city hotel.

The breakfast is a good variety (cater for local & international) & tasty. I also have dinner, and it was well cooked & tasty. The chef is always present at restaurant and supervise breakfast time, make sure replenishment is doing well. Good job, chef.

Finally, I want to say that surprisingly, in this Trip Advisor, I found other Guest Reviews which are not satisfied with the hotel (as I've experienced)
Surprisingly also, there's no comment / no response from hotel management regarding these unsatisfied clients, as well as there's no management gesture (as it should) to my complaints, even after1 week time I wrote them down.

I don't imagine the management want to leave it to the junior staffs in the reception, housekeeping, etc, etc.
So, it's clear that Integrity, Honesty, Service, is not important issue in this hotel.
It's clear that they don't bother about customer satisfaction.

So..It's clear, WHY YOU BOTHER WANT TO STAY IN THIS HOTEL..?

Room Tip: Rooms above the reception, so you can see it all from your window: the entrance, lobby, open area, r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SBKU, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear “Rennes-France”,

Warm greetings from Bali.
Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor which will help us further to improve our services to our guests.
Please allow me to address some of the points you raised:

The room change.
I am sorry to read it took such a long time to get your luggage moved to your new room, our staff was busy but I do agree with you 100% that with the proper answers and honesty as you put it, a lot of the aggravation would have been prevented. I will use this as training topic to ensure that the staff will not hide behind stories and promises if they can’t be sure of the outcome.

The Room Service menu.
A major oversight from me and my team; in short, we didn’t pay enough attention to this.
As it was the bellboy who was asked to put the copy of the menu in your room, your bed was not done. However, we have now placed the Room Service menu and the brochures of our contracted Spa in all rooms.

The Laundry.
Indeed a big mistake from our housekeeping staff as they should have informed you that Laundry handed in after 5 PM will not be ready by 8 AM the next morning. I can only assure you that the necessary steps have been taken to prevent this from happening again and that your laundry is awaiting your return to Bali. Should you not want to pass by our hotel, please let me know and I’ll arrange to have it forwarded to your address.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you have described in your comments; I do thank you for doing so as through your comments we were able to rectify our procedures and make our staff aware of how to do their jobs better.

We are very glad though to get the good comments on our food quality and the “good” and “excellent” markings you gave us on our In-house Guest comment forms.
I am sorry that we didn’t meet up during your last visit but hope to get the chance to introduce myself to you in person in the not too distant future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I been there for short stay escaped during "Nyepi Day". Room was ok with big queen size bed and bathroom equipped with rain shower. Lots of problem that i ever had during my stayed:
1. The toilet flusher is extremely slow to fill the tank ! you need to wait for 5 minute the water filled the tank.
2. Slow service in the restaurant, we had lunch there but my food was came after i complained to the Manager on Duty. I need to wait the food after my friend finished their food and another 2 table with 3 of family member. Just imagine that you are suffering to wait the food while the rest of area in the city is prohibited to go out. Luckily the Manager on Duty had quick action to recover the problem with give me the food as complimentary, but i dont expect the complimentary as i need a quick service and attentive action from the restaurant.
3. Slow service for the reception desk. We asked for the In-house movie channel, but we need to wait for couple of hour until my friend found by himself in the gym for the channel.

If you looking for good and better place to stay, there are plenty of hotel next to them unless u need this kind of service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SBKU, Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Richie Rich,

Thank you for choosing Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest as your getaway during Nyepi 2013. We regret that your stay with us was not up to your expectations.
After reading your constructive input at www.tripadvisor.com, we've taken the necessary action to remedy our shortcomings.

We do apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced in our hotel and hope that we will have the chance to make up for those shortcomings and show you our improved product in the not too distant future.

Albert Jan Vasseur

Been to Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest? Share your experiences!