“Nice, modern, great location good coffee” 4 of 5 stars

Free nights! Stay 3 Pay 2
Ranked #9 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Haleiwa, Hawaii
“Nice, modern, great location good coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Bali Kuta recently and enjoyed my 4 nights staying at a spacious one bedroom suite.
The location of the hotel is right on Kuta Beach in walking distance to Kuta Square and a walk around Kuta Beach or taxi ride to everywhere in Kuta, Legian and Seminyak.

The property is brand new and everything looked inviting and was functioning. Internet is available anywhere on the property and is fast.

The gym is relatively small, but nicely set up. I enjoyed my daily dive into the pool. Comfortable lounging is available in the sun and in the shade.

I enjoyed my 90 minute Balinese massage in the hotel Spa. Nice facilities and a great massage.

The pizza restaurant is excellent. I enjoyed breakfast - plenty of choices, however they have to work on a good Eggs Benedict.
I was in Coffee paradise. Expresso at the restaurant was excellent, and the hotel had both a Coffee Bean and Starbucks, plus I had an Expresso machine in my room.

The Sleeper Suite Beds were super comfortable. I got a lot of sleep and feel recharged.

The Sheraton is adjacent to a very modern new shopping center.
Nothing over the top, but a good 4 star hotel for both business travelers and families.

Room Tip: Traveling on business. Take the suite- it's well worth the small additional money.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear eTurboNews,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of you recent stay in Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will personally pass on your feedback to the teams.

Thanks again eTurboNews and I am looking forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Bali.

Dario Orsini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Medina, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

excellent service and great restaurants and great spa center.
indeed its the best place if you want to stay at kuta, The hotel's location is superb near to the beach walk shopping area and many resturant.
I really enjoy stay here.

Room Tip: i think all rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear TBadawi,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

It's always great to read that our guests had a great stay, but naming us as "the best place to stay in Kuta" is a compliment that we truly value.

I hope to welcome you back in Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort on your next trip to Bali.

Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

i loved this lunch with my 4 friends. all you can drink premium spirits and wine and champagne for 3 hours should be available everywhere i go.
the food was really good and such a great range of different things. I live in bali and have just decided on a weekly tradition. go to the sheraton for lunch on sundays. hahaha thankyou sheraton for such a great atmosphere and deal. see you on sunday. buy more oysters. :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mikeymike86,

Thanks for sharing your great experience with the world!

We are very happy to read that you had such a great time at Feast Restaurant and that a new tradition was born.

And you know what? Sundays at Sheraton will get even better from the 1st of June, when we launch the 2nd series of White Magic Sunsets, the successful nu-disco pool party.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort soon. In the meantime, please stay connected with us via social media, so you won't miss the latest news and updates.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My elderly parents (mom on wheel chair), my sister and my mother's caretaker and i stayed with Sheraton for 3 nights. We were checked in by Pito who has the biggest smile and warm personality to greet us and our first experience of the Bali hospitality were very positive. We were served always promptly and the staffs always wear a smile ! Whether we were at the lobby lounge (we were served by look a like brothers), at the arrival where the musician played chinese tunes becos we were Chinese and the dancers were entertaining and friendly. Breakfast coffee house's waiters and waitress were great. My parents were feeling unwell and a doctor and her nurse within the hotel attended to my parents within 10 minutes - they were very respectful of their patients and great bedside manners. Pito who checked us in remembered us by names and we felt very personal attention when he greeted us each time he sees us. Gave us good sightseeing and food tips and shopping bargains. He refused to accept our gratuity/tips and always flash his big smile with the whitest set of teeth. Oh did I mention the bed, super comfortable and rooms are clean and smell good each time we come back. Pito put us on the 4th floor as he was concern about wheelchair accessibility for my mom and this floor has direct access to the lift lobby - such attention to details. We were glad we stayed with Sheraton Bali Kuta, a lovely experience that we will always treasure and want to go back. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shirley O,

Wow, we are blown away by your kind words! Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Ensuring that our guests feel warm, welcome and at home is our top priority. I am very delighted to read that the team managed to give you and your parents that experience.

I am looking forward to welcome you again, should your travels bring you back to Bali.

Harrisdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We got to the hotel and our service to our room was great and our room was amazing. The only down fall was our room wouldnt get cleaned till 3-6pm each day. Sometimes we would of left our toom at 8.30am and would return at 5pm to get rrafy for dinner and our room hadnt been cleaned. Pool is ok no towel service and no really vibrant atmosphere at the pool.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Anna Q,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the room. We value your feedback with regards to the housekeeping services, I will look into this matter with the respective team.

Starting from 1 June 2014 the second series of White Magic Sunsets will be launched and this nu-disco pool party will certainly create a buzz around the swimming pool.

Anna Q, thanks again and I am looking forward to reconnect with you on your next trip to Bali.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

April 2014, The hotel's location is superb. Near to Kuta Beach, next to Beach Walk. The hotel is so modern. The experience of getting in to the hotel is being broken by airport like security check. We really thank you for the free room upgrade. We notice problem with water which coming out when we try to fill the bathtub, it was brownish at start, so make sure you give some time until water looks clear again. We don't really have any complain for the hotel other than the terrible breakfast. It please your eyes for sure but the chef need to learn how to cook Indonesian food, worse nasi goreng ever. The chef was there during breakfast but he does not even taste the food, just ensuring everything looks good. Make sure you drink the apple juice, try the waffle station and the hidden dim sum. Those the only things who save our breakfast experience. I am sorry to complain so much with the breakfast, maybe the expectation is too high. Anyway, we really enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear mr_draco,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

I am sorry to hear that your experience at our restaurant was below your expectation. Please be assured that we have noted your feedback on this and we will certainly review it with our team for further improvement.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and I look forward to reconnecting with you again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Upon my arrival of this hotel, I was hampered by the clothes of guests hanging by the balcony, from the room facing the guard post to the ocean rooms.The hotel needs to provide a rack for those who just love to sun their sexy swim attires and underwear, flashing in the wind.

There's also no communication between the hotel car driver with the hotel either from the hotel or from the guard post. There's no one to assist my luggage until I hauled at someone with the hotel beige uniform to assist.

The receptionist didn't really explain where the lift was, and from the computer, the staff should know that I am the first time visiting in this giant maze of old Sahid but fully refurbished hotel.Perhaps it was my late arrival in the evening and the staff seemed to be quite relax and having a loud chat in the backroom, with the door open.

Despite the bad first impression, I was happy with the upgraded suite room with a full frontal seaview suite, and the 'sky garden'. The comfortable bed and all the luxury the Sheraton brand has to offer.I would say this is the only hotel in Bali in which there's an impressive garden above ground level.

Welcome gift was delivered without a message from the GM or FOM as any other SPG hotels I have experience. No hand towels in the suite room and I thought all rooms for the platinum guests are checked before being check into the room.

Kuta is not my favourite but if my journey requires me to visit Kuta, I am definately going to choose Sheraton Kuta as my home away from home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear inxpekto,

Thanks for your review of Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

It's great to read that, despite your disappointing first impression, you did enjoy your stay and that you call Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort your home away from home in Kuta.

Thank you again for sharing your valuable insights with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Dario Orsini

Been to Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort? Share your experiences!