“Disappointing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 174 hotels in Kuta
SG
“Disappointing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just arrived at Sheraton Kuta as I typed. Booked an Ocean facing room. Hotel is new, service is great. but the room is very disappointing. I'm with a toddler and wanted to shower him as its late, but there's no HOT water and there's a strong pungent smell from the taps and the shower area. Engineering came and claim that the hose is old and not used for a long time and needs to be changed. Strange answer though.

hope the rest of my stay will be better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a few days stay at the hotel last week with my friend on a holiday in Bali. Loved the location and the people. The hotel is pretty new as it was only opened late last year. The hospitality of the Balinese people is suburb especially at this hotel. Would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear JS-explorer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am truly happy to learn you had an enjoyable stay and that the new Kuta experience will be high on your travel list from now on!
I will share your kind words with the entire team whom makes this possible they will surely be glad to know their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.

Once again thank you for sharing and we all look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regard,

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

stayed at this hotel for 3 days, and really happy with it. The location is great, The rooms fantastic... bed n pillow so comfy ,infinity pool is the best, really luv itu when sunset. The staff are amazingly friendly and attentive. my room is in 3rd floor with great balcony.. lovely view... really romantic :p
don't forget bene.. great food.. got treatment on shine spa.. really happy with it...
definetely will come back....

Room Tip: all ocean front room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Heinrich D,

Thank you very much for your time to share your Sheraton experience with the world of TripAdvisor.

I am extremely glad to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us, loving as much as we do, our associate, products and services. I will make sure to share your kind words with the entire team whom makes this possible as I know they will be very happy to know that their hard work enables our guests to have memorable experiences.

Thank you once again and we are looking to connecting you again in the near future

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family recently stayed here as we passed threw bali on a business trip. This new Sheraton lives up to the standard and quality that Sheraton is known for. With a prime location right on the beach and with the excellent service and care, you cant go wrong with Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort.

The Hotel is not only right on the beach front but also connect to the Beach walk mall and all the great restaurants along the Beach Walk.

Its nice to see some of the Hotels finally catch up to most of the rest of the world and offer great free fast WIFI.

For my family it was a great relaxing few days spent at a great hotel.

We did get a great deal with a promotion for 50% off.

Room Tip: Make sure you notice that ocean front is different than ocean view rooms. Also if you get ocean Fro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear davmelw,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

We are delighted to learn that your overall experience with us from our services to the WIFI was an enjoyable one. I have shared your feedback with the team and comments like these will encourage them to strive for excellence at all time.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on business trip and had a good stay. The hotel is very strategic at the heart of Kuta and is attached to mall. To start with, the check in was smooth and was greeted warmly by the staff. In no time I was in my room big spacious room already. The bathroom was well equipped with bathtub, separate shower/toilet stall with one big halo-style backlit mirror. Nice touch. Bed was comfy, it was the Sheraton's standard sweet sleeper bed.

What I also liked was the fact that the room had many power outlets spread in the room helpful for people who travel with gadgets like me. Although I did not use it, the media hub was a nice addition but I believe this has become standard for many new mid and upper class hotels.

The staff were very nice and helpful. One of the staff remembered me by name when I checked out.

Although I adored the lobby area design, which was grand and visually appealing, I felt that at night the area was too dimly lit. When I checked out in the middle of the day I was sweating because it's a non-airconditioned area. Just sitting for a few minutes waiting for my invoice, I started sweating already. The lobby area could be hot if there were no wind blowing.

This is a good new property. But price-wise they'll face stiff competition as there so many options now in Bali. However, as an SPG member I'll stay here when possible to earn my points :)

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Donny S,

Warmest greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Sheraton experience and I am thrilled to learn that we have made your stay a memorable one and love the resort location, services plus facilities

Our guest satisfaction is always our priority and we really appreciate your positive feedback and I will ensure it is shared with the Team that makes this possible.
We hope that your wonderful experience will bring you back to Sheraton Bali Kuta and look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I am currently living in 2nd floor while the room is just next to the mall. and starting from 8pm the music is loud enough to shake my room. given that you might not even imagine you can fall in sleep in such vivid atmosphere. i dont see any different sleeping on the street now.

secondly all i asked for a hot bath, and the water pressure is strong, and the water is not hot enough. i really hope there will have some improvement given that this is a brand new hotel. but this cannot be an excuse for such unprofessional setting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SheratonBali, Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear ks531,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and caused inconveniences rather than allowing you to relax. It may rather late if you could let me know your room number which I can meet you personally to rectify the concern.

I am addressing each point detailed by you individually and together with the team work on rectifying these issues. I once again would like to thank you for sharing as it is feedback like yours that will assist us in improving our services.

I look forward to meeting and hearing your information.

Made Subrata
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is literally a stone throw away from Kuta Beach. The property is new. clean and refreshing. Staff are efficient, well groomed and eager to serve. The room is cleaned, well designed and love the fact that it has a recycle bin in the room! If you ask for adjoining room (as we did), both rooms are enclosed such that it has a double main door allowing both rooms to be kept connected. I liked it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear LeeNgee,

First and foremost thank you for giving us the chance to showcase our resort to you.

We are truly happy that our team was able to deliver the Sheraton brand experience and room allocation that you were expecting and your stay with us has left you with good memories.
I truly hope we will be able to welcome you back and already now look forward to reconnecting with you.

Dario Orsini

Been to Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort? Share your experiences!