“Much better now” 4 of 5 stars

FREE NIGHTS! Stay 3-Pay 2
Ranked #27 of 183 Hotels in Kuta
“Much better now”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was a new hotel @ Kuta area adjacent to famous Beach Walk mall. Kuta Bali was much different due to the establishment these mall and hotel.

This was our second stay. Our first stayed was terrible; that was the opening day of the hotel. This time was good, but much areas to improve though, one of those, the staffs need to be trained so they are more handy, more friendly and more helpful. Another important area need to improve is the reception areas. This hotel tries a new concept without common reception desk, instead using 3 table/desk to serve. It created a long queue on check out time.

We got #4044, it was a good room with good direct view to the beach.

Breakfast was good, many choices. The gym also good equipped, even though not too big.

I will come back, but I hope, it will improve.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing garden and the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear NGHC,

First and foremost thank you for giving us the 2nd chance and for sharing your experience.
I would like to apologize if any part of your stay did not meet your expectation and we have already take steps to improve these areas in particular where the human contact comes into place such as friendliness and helpfulness.

I truly hope we will be able to welcome you back and if you do, please do drop me an email and I will be more than happy to assist with the arrangements.

Dario Orsini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in Sheraton Kuta for 7 nights. This is a new hotel in Kuta. Staff were kind and friendly -- hospitality that Balinese are good at. We had a training program in the hotel and they were always ready to help with relevant infrastructure.

Food at the FEAST was good but variety is a bit lacking, especially if you eat both breakfast and lunch at the hotel for 6 days! The porridge can be improved, can have chicken of fish porridge instead of plain porridge. And the soup selection can be improved -- can have tomato soap and other hearty soups for lunch. Crepe was good. And the selection of Yoghurt for breakfast were good, however, the Museli Yoghurt could be improved -- too much nuts.

Room was good but the side near the beachwalk was so noisy one night - loud banging in the middle of night, that I moved to the other wing. My new room had less amenities than the old one for some reasons -- the bali magazines were not there, no slippers and no bath caps in the toilet. The bedsheet was dirty -- smoking marks and some skin debris! I had to tell them to change the sheets. The room also smelled of lingering smoke - probably the previous occupant had been smoking in the room despite it being a non-smoking room.

The Lounge was great with a great view of the sea. It's a wonderful place to catch the sunset. The garden outside the rooms were great too -- a good place to star gaze at night and you only wish that there's not so much light around.

The kidney-shaped pool was rather small.

Overall, a nice stay and the best Sheraton I've stayed so far, those in the US pale in comparison.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear YWeng,

Greetings from Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve and maintain our standards.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do apologize for some part of our services didn’t meet your expectation. Your comments are to the point and I appreciate very much that you took the time to share this with us.
I once again would like to thank you for assisting us in improving our services and if your travels take you back to Bali in the near future please contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with your stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived at the Sheraton yet it was early so the rooms are not ready for check in, we walk to the beach wall center which is just next door to have lunch at the food court. The food court itself close half day today so we had a quick noodles for lunch and back to the hotel for check in.

About 4 pm the hotel present their own Ogoh Ogoh, the have their hotel staffs to play the music and brought the Ogoh Ogoh around the hotel back to the beach walk and infront of Harris hotel which is just next door. The Ogoh Ogoh was not as big as the regular Ogoh Ogoh, as it was their first time, for Sheraton to have their Ogoh Ogoh, it is a good start.
Having "in-house" ogoh-ogoh that the paraded circling the hotel and beach walk mall by the staffs is a nice idea. Although, it could be merrier as I have observed that it was not more than 10 guests are participating. It should be given better publicity to in-house guests and outsider. Well, in fairness its the hotel 1st Nyepi.

We decided to ride around before all the street closed, so we took the ride with the hotel bicycle and having good quality bike that can be used by guest to go around is well appreciated.

As we noticed the hotel staffs are quite friendly however with just 45% occupancy rate, the hotel should not having hard time to provide friendly and good service. Need to be observed further when they have 80 above occupancy rate.

The room is quite spacious though compare to Westin Hotel Nusa Dua or even Stone by Marriot which is just few meters away.

The coffee shop called Feast is a Pan Asian themed restaurant. They have sufficient but nice buffet. I am quite impressed by its grilled menu quality such as: prawn, pork chop, squid & chicken. Its at par with those earlier established famous restaurants.

The hotel has quite spacious lounge for the guest to just sit and chat around, drinking your beer while watching in famous Kuta beach or even work on your lap top with a very good wi-fi connection.

Fitness center need to have more weights tools but sufficient enough to burn your calories.

Unfortunatly, they do not provide available in-house channel tv as they promised or mentioned on their brochure weloming guest for Nyepi day celebration. The movie in a big screen is as great as it promised in the brochure.

Some of facilities in the bathroom are not in expected condition. Where we need to call the Housekeeping to fix the seat of the toilet on the time we checked in.

It is a nice place to stay for those who loves to be by the crowd and close vicinity to the beach and mall area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear TranquilIndonesia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the world of social media.

I am truly happy to learn that we have been able to create a memorable experience. The entire team strives to deliver the best Sheraton brand experience that we are known for and their passion is what drives them.

Indeed it was our first Nyepi and besides having fun in conducting all the activities, we have taken away a lot of learning to improve on for next year’s to come. I would also like to apologize if some services that didn’t meet your expectation and we will certainly work on improving these.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Sheraton and the Island of Gods, Bali!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton from 05Mar to 07Mar. Well situated in Kuta accross the road from Kuta beach. 100 meters to Poppies Lane 2 and 2 or 3 block from Kuta Market. Staff were warm and welcoming. Breakfasts are wonderful as usual. The property's layout was a bit confusing. The pool area is very small for such a large hotel. Not for young families but great for Honeymooners or Business travellers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Karen D,

First and foremost thank you for giving us the chance to take care of you whilst staying with the Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort. Glad to hear that you love our services and breakfast and I would like to apologize if any part of your stay did not meet your expectation.

Again thank you very much and we hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I usually stay at the Westin Nusa Dua but I had limited time in Bali and needed to stay close to the airport. I didn't know what to expect from the Sheraton here but I must say, I am more than pleasantly surprised. This hotel rivals other top Sheraton hotels that I have stayed at. You are greeted by Balinese women dressed in traditional dress. The front desk staff is so friendly and the pool area is absolutely beautiful. I was also surprised that when I entered my room, I had a decedent white chocolate and chocolate dessert and an assortment of spreads with thin cookies courtesy of the manager. During my three hours at the pool, I was given samples of pizza and a delicious mouse type ice cream. Overall, I recommend this hotel if you want to stay near the action and want to feel pampered. It's truly a resort amongst the hustle and bustle of Kuta.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room, it's worth it. If you have limited time and need to do laundry, they w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear whslc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

I am extremely glad to learn you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the new Kuta experience will be high on your travel list from now on!
I will make sure to share your kind words with the entire team whom makes this possible as I know they will be very happy to know that their hard work enables our guests to have memorable experiences.

Once again thank you for sharing and we all look forward to welcoming you back!

Melb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently spent 2 nights at the Sheraton Kuta Beach , what an amazing experience, We are Starwood Preferred Guests and have stayed at many Sheratons all over the world, this one is exceptional, especially because only recently opened, The hotel feels like it has been operating for ages. From your greeting at the foyer, checking in etc all runs smoothly and efficiently. The rooms are 1st class, a lot with views over Kuta Beach, The Feast restaurant where breakfast is served is amazing, the variety of cuisines on offer is huge. We also ate at Bene Restaurant, this was fantastic, the seafood and pasta I would not hesitate to recommend. There is always a staff member to make sure you are enjoying your holiday, especially the GM Dario, who we were constantly bumping into as he did his rounds making sure all was well.

Room Tip: Most rooms face the water and an Ocean view room has amazing views, not just a glimpse of the water
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dario_Orsini, General Manager at Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear MelbCaps,

Thank you very much for your time to share your Sheraton experience with the world of TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that your overall experience with us from the rooms to the Food & Beverage was an enjoyable one. The Team was extremely excited to read your feedback as comments like these will encourage them to strive for excellence at all time.

Thank for your recommendation and we do hope to welcome you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I really love the resort, a place to relax and unwind. Nice rooms, good food,great locations and warm service from the staff.
We love the attentions ,a little touch of the service that makes your stay memorable, the attention to your kids is really appreciate, it was nice surprise to find mini flip flop already in the room for your kids upon check in .
Nice !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tris_soew,

Thank you very much for sharing your Sheraton experience.

Learning that we have been able to create a memorable experience for you and your family makes all of us at the Sheraton very happy. I will share your feedback with the Team and your words describes them perfectly, genuine people! They will be happy to hear this as their daily goal is to create these memorable experiences for each one of our guests.

Again thank you for spending your holiday with Sheraton Bali Kuta and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dario Orsini

Been to Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort? Share your experiences!