“A MUST VISIT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alta Moda Fabric Store and Tailor

Alta Moda Fabric Store and Tailor
Jl Patih Jelantik | Kuta Galeria at the Central Carparking in Kuta, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 40 Shopping in Kuta
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“A MUST VISIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

OMGoodness, I was like a child in a lolly shop..... The range of fabric was just amazing and cheap, cheap, cheap............. The service was exceptional and the staff extremely helpful.........

Visited May 2014

Perth, Australia
20 attraction reviews
“Wow......Fabric heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is huge. I had no idea were to start but the ladies were so helpful. There are 3 stoies of material. Very cheap and a great place to find any material you are after.

Bunbury, Australia
56 attraction reviews
“Lots of material but....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Lots of people have mentioned this store. A taxi driver said this is a very expensive material shop, but I still wanted to go just to see for myself.

Now I was after a stretch material for a figure skating competition. I didn't find much of this kind of material. I was after a material that had a bit of glitz and glam. There was lots of printed material though. I found our Spotlight store had more variety.

I did end up buying two 1 metre pieces that cost in total $23.00AUD. Well one of the materials only had 1.5 metres left and there was no price on it, so at first they said we can't sell it. I refused to leave until they did because the 1st piece goes with the 2nd piece of material. In the end they found something similar at a lot more expensive price, but hey we wanted that piece. Took ten minutes to find the material I wanted, but took about 30 minutes for them to figure out what to charge me.

I can't rate other materials, there is a huge range I saw. And I am glad I checked it out.

Visited April 2014
Perth, Australia
19 attraction reviews
“Material Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Spent several hours today at Alta Moda adding to my material collection! Having read the reviews I first looked through each floor so I knew what was on each one and then started from the top and worked my way back down (tip walk down the stairs there are some great bargains to be had!). The staff are very helpful (if you want them to be) and the lovely man who waited upon us was very generous with his advice. It was an absolute assault on your senses but I loved every minute.

Visited April 2014
melbourne
33 attraction reviews
“One of the best fabric shops in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been going to Alta Moda since it opened. I go three to four times a year and usually buy about 50 to 80 metres of fabric per trip and have to post it back home. This is a three floor temple dedicated to all fabric. The range amazing a lot of it is Designer label fabric (the real thing not copy)
there are many French fabrics at a fraction of the price that there are at the Paris fabric markets at St Pierre. The staff are extremely helpful and patient. There is always some sort of discount and the christmas New Year is 50% off EVERYTHING. As for having things tailor made I have found them very good but as with all tailoring you need to have fittings. It will only be as good as the time you put into it. I can not recommend this place highly enough

Visited January 2014