“Nice place to be” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali

You added Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali to your Saves list
Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai No. 234 | Simpang Siur, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #104 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Nice place to be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The hotel is just 15-min away from the airport and walking distance to shopping centre. We love the room interiors and the spacious bathroom except that the shower heater takes awhile. Staff were prompt to our towel and adopter requests. Overall, it was a memorable stay and would recommend to families and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

this hotel looked lovely online for a few nights at the end of my backpacking journey around Bali. The layout and design of the hotel is lovely (TV to watch in the bath!) but there are a few cons:
1. My room had no outside balcony and only a small window next to the bath so the room smelt like sewage and had NO natural light or air.
2. The shower water STUNK of eggy sewage so I had to have a bath everyday.
3. If you like sunbathing don't bother here. For a hotel that takes around 100 guests; there were 6…YES I SAID SIX sun beds. I wanted to relax by the pool daily but was only able to for 2 days. A single family took up all the sun beds most of the days. This could be corrected if they bought more sun beds (which I highly recommend they do). This put a massive downer on my holiday as the beach was also so far away.
4. The location is pretty rubbish.. i don't mind walking but had to cross the main bypass (dodging cars) to get to Kuta. It would be really unsafe with children. Also the beach is probably a half an hour walk if not a little more.
5. Breakfast was OK but not great if you only eat western food in the morning. The little breakfast cakes were lovely though.
6. I had room service a few of the nights which was delicious, but occasionally the meal was missing bits stated on the menu. Eg one night i ordered a grilled chicken burger for the equivalent of $9 and there were no fries to accompany it (although it said it came with fries).

I think if you can pick up a room for cheap then it's a good hotel (f you get a good room). But it's not the luxury that is stated on the website. I have noted the ABSOLUTE worst bits for me personally but it may suit some people down to the ground.

Room Tip: I met a girl who had a smoking room and got a balcony… Mine was a cave because I stated non-smoking.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Clean hotel rooms were lovely however ...! In my room on the fourth floor there was some form of sewage smell it was very strange ! Other than that the place is a good clean friendly hotel and very reasonably priced food was good also especially in the evenings

Stayed August 2014
Bandung, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights, the room is quite nice except the air condition is not cold enough even I set to 16 degree with strongest fan speed, the room is still warm, me and my family don't even used the blanket for sleeping at night. There is a small TV in front of the bath, but it doesn't have the remote control and it difference brand with the TV in the room so I couldn't switch on the bathroom TV until I complain and they change for it.
The toilet is missing table near the sink, so its hard to put hand soap, toothbrush, etc.
Their service is good and fast respond, I should give two thumbs for their staffs.
One more thing I would like to say about the room cleanness, I don't think they vacuum the floor under bed, I can feel the room a bit dusty.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Naracoorte, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Last time I stayed here but decided to try and new hotel this time. I couldn't help myself but to go back for the food though! The staff are lovely and always welcome us like friends. I love the almond chicken for entree and I had the sweet and sour chicken for main. The service is fantastic and the restaurant tables outside overlook the pool. You are able to eat here even if you aren't staying there like we did.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stay 1 night here.... The security was not helpfull at all........ we come here with car and when we ask about parking, he's not so responding and feel lazy when we ask him. The reservation staff was polite and helpfull. The room is standart, the bathroom is nice, big and have separate shower and toilet and bath up separtely also.... nice.....
the breakfast is not so good, standart i think. well ........ overall I said just average for this hotel, even they have 4 star rating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed here at last year's visit to bali. The room was quite nice. However it is indeed quite far from kuta beach but not too far. At the time we travel there was traffic jams in front of the hotel at times but with the construction done it should be no more. Not bad if you have modes of transportation and not by walking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali? Share your experiences!