“Horrible, over-priced resort with unfriendly staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali

You added Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali to your Saves list
Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai No. 234 | Simpang Siur, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #96 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Zurich
“Horrible, over-priced resort with unfriendly staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Now this was the worst experience of my trip..
I arrived there.. already disappointed!! Its on a very noisy main road.
Checked in.. I get a room next to the cleaning/staff room! Very noisy and people passing in front of your window all the time. No privacy!
I asked them to change the room. I had to wait for 1 hour before anybody could even listen to me.
4 people at the reception.. Finally one of them says.. You have to wait for an hour, room is not ready yet. I asked if I can see the room. He said one moment and went away.. Didnt show me his face again.. Appeared again after about 20 mins.. I ask him the same thing and he disappears again! Finally I had to YELL and he moved.. In the mean time there were 3 other couples coming down and complaining about sticking rooms or rooms not clean or shower not working!
That was my start. Finally this guy shows me a room.. Stinky!
I asked for my refund.. They said they cant...
Finally I decided to go nearest Island - LEMBONGAN ISLAND.. and I left next morning
I go for breakfast next day.. The girl who is making my eggs, put the eggs directly from her pan to my plate with a LOT OF OIL.. My eggs are now floating in Oil...
I will NOT go back to this place..

Room Tip: TIP: This place is not worth going..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ketut Budi S, Director of Sales at Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us, your review has been a great input for us in improving our service & product. Please apologize for inconvenience cause during your stay, we are very concern to improve & maximize our service and product as a new brand hotel.

We trust that we will be able to welcome you back to Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali in the near future with detailed improvements we have made.

Warm Regard,

I Ketut Budi Setiawan
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I checked in yesterday, and have changed rooms twice. We booked ourselves for a 5 night stay and would have changed hotel if not for the fact that we've paid full and is non-refundable.

The food at the cafe was not good, which made the price we paid not worthy. The mocktail was way too sweet, and the Mojito was not up to par too. The alcohol wasn't even detectable for someone who isn't a good drinker at all. We told the pool bar bartender about this and he offered to add more for us, but we're leaving so declined his good gesture. I must say that the pool bar staff were friendly and helpful.

The room that we're in now is full of problems. The shower, safe, kettle are all not working. The technician came to fix them within 15 mins after we called.

The rooms are clean. However the design of the basin in the toilet leaves much to desire. There's no vanity top attached to this round sink, so you have to put your toiletries on the cabinet behind it, meaning you need to turn your body each time to take & put away something. I don't understand the concept behind such a design really.
That said, the bath tub with a TV concept is applaudable.

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We originally booked this hotel for three nights and ended up staying for 6nights.
From the moment we got here, our stay has been amazing. We were greeted by staff who handed us welcome drinks and hot towels. The porter took us and our luggage to our room and showed us everything in the room and told us how to work the safe etc.
We had a pool room view- no balcony but still really nice. The rooms are huge. I love it. The lay out and the bathroom is bizarre but it's amazing. Totally in love with the Room.
The hotel is so clean, staff are constantly cleaning and making it as good as it can be. They are so helpful and will do anything for you.
The location isn't in the centre of kuta (about 5 mins in a taxi and VERY cheap) but we preferred it that way.
Myself and my boyfriend both loved it and would stay here again.
Thank you Grand Mega for making our stay extremely nice and relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Plus :
- Nice clean room due to the Hotel was very new when we stayed there
- All the staffs were very friendly and helpful
- Spacious bathroom with LCD TV on the bathtub
- There's a Mall just across the street with many restaurant and supermarket to shop

The Minus :
- The breakfast menu a little bit boring
- Location far from Kuta Beach or Legian, so you must use taxi to go there (The fare around 20-30 thousands)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Forgive me please, i did not find this hotel great as per mentioned. Terrible experience in my honeymoon trip because of the poor management in Christmas and New Year, hotel should plan ahead and assign good receptionist there! 5 complaints happened within an hout, just in front of us, while waiting in lobby! Even we faced 3 issues within 2 night stays! Please, be professional and don't blame the festive season.

• Stayed December 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Love the swimming pool. Location away from center Kuta is good but the heavy traffic until the completion of the smart tunnel construction is a headache. Comfortable bed and all but the bed sheet have seen better days. The bath, wc, changing room and a long bath with second TV are partition so to about half of the room. Wayang Golek puppets are display all over hotel walkways and rooms. I just close part of the sliding door to avoid its stare. Good breakfast that variate daily and polite staffs. Galleria Mall across the road is a great place to go when you are through with bargaining at Pasar Seni Guwang Sukawati. Hazardous crossing of the road across if not for the security guard's help.Good buy and great restaurants. Bus shuttle to Kuta are free with 3 trips per day from 10am and convenient to flag down a Blue taxi back to the hotel thereafter.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

nice hotel. Our room is a bit small compared to the bathroom!!! Staff is friendly. The hotel is on a main road between Kuta and Sanur so if you have a room that overlooks the road it is a bit noisy at night. Roads are being dugged up so traffic is a bit of a nightmare.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Grand Mega Resort & Spa Bali? Share your experiences!