“Peace, love & tranquility!” 5 of 5 stars

Al Isha
Jl. Pura Mertasari, No. 27 | Sunset Road, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #59 of 337 hotels in Kuta
Adelaide, Australia
“Peace, love & tranquility!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have recently returned home from Bali where I stayed at Al-Isha for a 3 day/2 night retreat in order to still the mind and the body! Mission accomplished, I say!! Beautiful warm welcome, friendly atmosphere, clean air-conditioned rooms, healthy vegetarian food, amazing massage, healing treatments and inspiring yoga. This is a total wellness experience along with the beautiful human exchanges which can make or break a holiday. I have come home to spread the joy and will be returning again to Al-Isha as soon as I can. To Maya, Dewi, Wayan, Anita & Linda - I thank you from the bottom of me heart for helping my find my smile again! Much love, Linda M

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well stayed 2 nights at Al Isha and was very happy to find a nice welcome and juice on arrival.
Nice air cond room. Very Zen like in feel and Very clean. The whole place as a peaceful feel which is nice to have when being in busy Bali. Took a Ayurvedic Massage which I recommend.
And to join in the morning Meditaition and & Yoga with Maya who is a wonderful person to be around. Don't be put off by previous review all is available around the area ... Taxis are so cheap to visit any place. Choice of food is great and very inexpensive!! Recommend a few nights.
Steve Taylor ..Tasmania

Room Tip: All rooms would be nice I had the one over the pool nice sound of water
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here although we did not enjoy Kuta very much. Dewi and Wayan (& staff) who run this B&B and wellness center were very friendly and accommodating. We had some things stolen while out in the city and the staff here were very helpful in assisting us. Thank you! If you want to have a relaxed atmosphere from the city, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

It is a cozy bed and breakfast. And what's so great about it is that it's not only a bed & breakfast. it has a wellness center! I thought it was just a mere spa, but it was more than that. They have this cool technique of teaching us how to tame our mind and they have the best massage that i tried before. I am a spa goer, but I've never seen anything like this before. The experience was just awesome. They don't have TV but they give a complimentary yoga class in the mornings and also evening fire cleansing rituals. It's something new for me. This is a good place for those who are into holistic healing. They also have crystal healing!

The people working in Al Isha are so friendly. It's really not like staying with a stranger. It's as if you have found a new friend. The breakfast is yummy and they have this delicious vegetarian tempeh burger. I never thought vegetarians can make good burgers! I recommend this place totally!

Btw, if ever you are coming to this place, just tell them that the place is behind Sushi Tei restaurant at Sunset Road and also just before Harris Hotel Sunset Road. The sign is L'ayurveda at the front and the sign for Al Isha is at the side door.

Room Tip: The best room is facing the crystal pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for five nights while in Bali. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The facilities doubled as a yoga and meditation studio. Although we did not participate in any of the hotels activities, the atmosphere of the place was very relaxing and away from the crowded beach areas, but close enough by taxi. The service and staff were great. The staff worked overtime to not only make our stay in the hotel very comfortable, but also help us setup trips around Bali. We originally only booked rooms for two night, but decided to stay all five because of the quality of the place and staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I love the peacefulness inside. Morning yoga and meditation classes plus healthy food makes my days in Al Isha so wonderful. The price is suitable for the service they give. I regularly stay at Al Isha while I am in Kuta. I really enjoying peace in middle crowded city.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I have been a frequent guest of Al Isha since 2008 and since then I have been learning something new every time I stay there. The free morning yoga classes are really relaxing, the evening "fire cleansing rituals" give you some kind of fantastic healing effect through breathing in all those exotic herbs and watching the fire dancing in front of your eyes :) , and of course I would never miss the opportunity to join the classes at the Ashram which is located at the same building. As I said, you'll surely learn something new EVERY TIME. And all these great service you get as complete package for only 350 thousand rupiahs / night...? Wow, I know, like me you'll just say "How do they do it?"...after becoming AlIsha's frequent guest, I have found the answer : it's simply LOVE , nothing more and absolutely nothing less...Enjoy...!!! Much Love, sitha soerjo

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Al Isha? Share your experiences!