I was in Bali for a week, and stayed at La Walon for the final two nights - since it is located 20mins away from airport. I've chosen this place after reading review on Trip Advisor.
My first impression was not so good, perhaps because I was staying at a luxury villa in Ubud earlier.
- Great location, 10-15mins walk to Kuta beach (Opposite Hard Rock Hotel)
- 24hours mart is a minute away from hotel
- new shopping mall coming up at the area
- Money changer is everywhere (but please choose the trustworthy ones)
- Lots of TV channels
- Good staffs, friendly and manager (Made) is polite - although I find difficulties understanding his conversation
- Great value for money
- There is a nice restaurant opposite the hotel, named Bali Agung. I love this place and had dinner for both night of stay there.
Not so good points:
- Room not well maintained, although I took Deluxe room on the new wing.
- Roads/ally towards hotel is very narrow, if you plan to rent a car this hotel is not the place
(the road was under repair when I was there, thus it make things worse)
- Disappointed with the tour guide, do not sound knowledgeable - only talk when we ask (would suggest to take tours from other agencies, there are many around Kuta itself)
- Breakfast was boring, I experience better breakfast on previous visit at Legian stay with the same range of room price.
- Bathroom is not so clean, many things were loose and vents not working (room that I stayed)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Walon Hotel is situated in Poppies Lane No.1 which is the Hub of Bali and the center of Bali's fantastic shopping, bars, cafes, restaurants and beach area. Our Hotel provides the perfect combination of bustling urban life and relaxed seaside living. You can escape from the bustle of everyday life as you lie back on a sun lounger, sip a tropical cocktail from the Pool Bar and bask under cloudless skies. The original La Walon Hotel was built more than 20 years ago and was styled on the traditional Balinese Bungalow style with large bedroom area and huge bathrooms. It has had many 'upgrades' over the years and is currently going through new 'upgrades'(started 15th January 2015 and scheduled to be completed by March 2015). All rooms will be re-painted with updated bathrooms and beautiful new linens and bed decor. The original well established balinese gardens are kept immaculate as is the the crystal clear pool and surrounding lounges and umbrellas. We are now offering 'Express Check In' If you contact our booking office directly through our webpage with the necessary details, we will have all your 'Check In' documents filled in for you. When you arrive, you will only need to check the form and sign in and then straight off to your room! Booking directly with us, we will also supply Free Airport Pick Up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your La Walon Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Walon Bungalows Hotel Kuta
- La Walon Hotel
- La Walon Bungalows Bali/Kuta