“New & Better Bali Rani” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Rani Hotel

You added Bali Rani Hotel to your Saves list
Bali Rani Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kartika Plaza Street, Kuta, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #27 of 181 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“New & Better Bali Rani”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Just back from our 5th Stay at the Bali Rani. We stayed in one of the recently refurbished Delux Family Rooms. What an beautiful room this improvment has made. New bathrooms with walk-in shower, flat screen TV, inroom safe and of course the usual fantastic staff that makes any stay at the Bali Rani so enjoyable. Thanks Bali Rani we will be back.

Room Tip: Delux rooms are around the Pool side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
West Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed at the Bali Rani for two weeks January 2012 in the newly renovated ground floor family rooms. They were absolutely fantastic. We had 3 adults sharing very comfortably. The bathrooms are great with walk in showers. We mentioned the need for towel rails which they took on board. The safety deposit boxes in the rooms were a great bonus.
We head back in May and can't wait. The new menus are great to. We love the restaurants so much that we eat quite a few meals at the hotel.

Room Tip: Thay are all great and close to pool. delux and family are around the pool.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

we are currently staying at the Bali Rani hotel for our honeymoon and we are very happy to have chosen to stay here. The staff has been warm friendly and accommodation, the food and service is wonderful and we will definitely know where to come back for our 1st anniversary. Please come and say hello to our new friend Denny Karmela, the hotel manager

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at Bali Rani hotel for 3 nights and found this hotel was very good. Relaxing and big pool, comfortable room and friendly staff. Breakfast was great with many choice and the food at the restaurant also nice. The hotel located closed to the airport and many shops, restaurants and only 15 minutes walk to the kuta beach. Kuta was very busy but sometime very hot and humid, traffic was terrible in the afternoon but overall my vacation was a remarkable experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Margaret River, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed 7 Nights and the Rani was Excellent, would have given it a 5 rating but need room to move if we ever find something better.
Price was excellent, I have read a lot of reviews and a few seem to complain about poor quality breakfast, well we both found the breakfast excellent with something different each day, I would suggest the people complaining haven't stayed in many hotels elsewhere, we live in Country West Australia and stay regularly in Perth Hotels, the Rani would be 5 star compared to some of these.
Others complained about the drink prices, a Bintang Stubbie was around $AU3-50 compared with $AU8-00 in Perth bars, the best value for beer is the beach bars at Kuta where a beer, chair and use of a stubby holder was $AU2-00 and the best view of any bar in the world, you can buy a carton of 24 bintangs next door to the Rani for less than $AU30 and drink them on your balcony if you wish anyhow.
We had a couple of meals at the Rani Brassiere, excellent prices, I had a surf and turf one night, was big melt in your mouth steak and 4 big prawns with garlic sauce, chips and veggies (or salad) cost $AU14-00, wife had the best pork ribs ever tasted for around $11.
The hotel is right next door to the Kodak Shop which is the best and most trusted money exchanger around, they also sell Alcohol and Cigarettes and other Deli Items, Waterbom park is around 5 mins away and the Centro Discovery Mall directly across the road and plenty of restaurants nearby and at Centro, walk through Centro and down to beach and there is a great path walk to Kuta Beach and the Bars.
The Rani isn't perfect but for the price it's fantastic, friendly staff, nice size pool, the only small faults we could find, they need more pool chairs or at least police it better, people would put towels on chairs to reserve them at 8am and not use them until lunch time, rules are if not used within 30 mins towels can be removed, the only other complaint I have is no free WIFI, you can pay $5 for an hour though, I mainly wanted the net for 5 mins in the morning for emails, most cafe's at Centro have free access.
Our fridge didn't work properly for the first day but this was eventually swapped.
Did notice a few complained about roosters and chickens, this seems the norm around Kuta and the eggs taste alright at breakfast, I didn't notice the noise much, but we are from the country and early risers, was our first Bali trip and didn't want to stay in bed all morning anyhow.
Will stay again in August 2012, we are going to Bali again March 2012 and staying at the Vira, couldn't get into the Rani, will review the vira on return

Room Tip: Most ground floor rooms open into the pool area but a smaller, delaux rooms are on 2nd and 3rd floor...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jinju, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I spent one night in the Kuta area at Bali Rani in mid-January. It was a nice, spacious room close to plenty of places to eat. We stayed in a deluxe room that had apparently been recently remodeled which had a safety deposit box (I only mention, because I have read from others that their room did not). The breakfast was decent, but nothing special. The only hassle we had was that our key card quit working and the staff didn't seem to understand, so we couldn't get it replaced. They let us in the room and we just decided to not worry about it, because we were leaving in the morning.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Initial did heard about some bad remarks on hotel Rani, but I'm a person who preferred to experience itself .
Environment good, breakfast satisfactory, staff quite friendly & room service is good , but the most amazing is , my birthday falls on the 22nd Jan 2012 and when I came back from outdoor shopping, I was so touch that , they actually send me a birthday cake, which took me & my families by surprised.
When my next Bali holiday , without hesitation Rani hotel my first choice, I even put up on my Facebook to recommend my friends.

Happy staying

Room Tip: Family with more then 4 , they auto upgrade for you without add charge, what I encounter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bali Rani Hotel? Share your experiences!