“Was good enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bounty Hotel

You added Bounty Hotel to your Saves list
Bounty Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gang Poppies 2 # 18 | PO Box 2064, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #91 of 180 Hotels in Kuta
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
“Was good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Definitely a hotel for a younger market and not recommended for families with young children, but has everything you need. Comfortable and clean with exceptional customer service - as with most Bali accommodation. Daily Breakfast was yum! I would stay there again if on a limited budget otherwise I'd upgrade to a 5 star.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Everyone should be aware what you're getting into, this is a party hotel in the heart of Kuta. If that's what you're looking for than its definitely the best option, I would not recommend this place to families or people seeking peace and quiet. Great pool bar, music all day long! The food is also great at the restaurant and the location is even better. Only 5 minutes walk to the beach and 5 minutes walk to Legian street with all the nightlife.

The rooms might even be the best part, We had a triple room which was huge! Clean rooms and good housekeeping. Although beware because we hung out some swimming trunks to dry outside and it was gone in the morning.

Service at the front desk was the only negative aspect for us, answering phone calls while helping us was pretty annoying. The rest of the staff is great!

Room Tip: If you want some peace and quiet, ask for a room near the second pool. From there the music at the m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mildura, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Bounty in September 2013 for ten nights. It was amazing, the staff are all friendly and helpful, there was a big party on the Friday night which was just fantastic, they had drinking competitions, dancers etc. There was never a dull moment, the food and drinks were nice and not expensive, we booked most of our tours through the bounty so every morning our driver was waiting for us and was very helpful, his name was made (maddy) same name as me. so if u ever stay there make sure u get him to drive you around as he was very cheap helpful and spoke very good English. I would recommend the bounty for the younger generation because theres always loud music playing so if your after a hotel that's quiet then probably not the right place, but in saying that there was a lot of elderly people there as well they just loved to party. definitely recommend this place and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, VA, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I call this hotel a "BROtel" because it is completely catered to and filled with 20 something white guys who are looking to party really hard and get wasted.

You walk into the lobby and the TV behind the counter has pictures of people in bathing suits with drinks in their hands screaming at the camera.

Club music is pumping through the hotel throughout the day and into the night. So, if you're looking for peace and quiet, this is DEFINITELY not the place.

I'd say 90% of the hotel guests were gay/straight white males in their 20s. So, if you're looking to people watch this very specific demographic, you'd have a good time here. I came as part of a couple, and was not interested in any of the offerings of Bounty. I would pass on this.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We travelled as a couple to Bali in August 2013.
My partner has been to Bali 3 times before and has always stayed at the Bounty but for me it was my first time to Bali and my first time overseas.
We booked 3 different hotels through our agent to try out a few to see what was best so we knew for next time.
We were booked in to stay at the bounty for 6 days in a superior room, 6 days at the Wina holiday villas and 4 at the Payogan resort and spa in Ubud.

We checked into the Bounty at 2pm and were welcomed by very friendly staff, it was such a smooth and easy check in. We were shown to our room which from memory was room 416 which was situated in close proximity to the main 'party pool'. I was at first reluctant to book in here as I read reviews saying there was tonnes of idiots and the noise was unbearable. Being not really a party person this turned me off a bit but my partner encouraged me to give it a go and I'm glad we did.

The superior room was nicely furnished and had a traditional Balinese feel to it which is what I was hoping for - no point going to a different country and feeling like you are in a hotel much like something at home.

Our stay included free full buffet breakfast which was great. If only it was open til later.
We also took advantage of the lunch menu and room service which was very tasty and affordable.

The cocktail jugs were enough to put you on your butt for hours - so I stuck to Bintangs.
I think from memory the jugs were 155,000 rp, the beer etc was not badly priced.

The hotel was close to everything, just a short walk to everything you could possibly want.

The service and cleanliness of the rooms was great. We would go out in the morning and come back to a spotless, freshly made up room.

There is 3 ATMS located out the front of the hotel - just make sure to put your money away before the locals drag you into their shop to try flog off a million Bintang singlets to you.

We had friends that met us over there and stayed at the Kuta town houses and they paid a lot more than we did and the service was no where near as good as The Bounty.

After our 6 day stint here I was very reluctant to leave as I felt quite at home there. From there we went to our second booked hotel, they doubled booked about 12 couples and were trying to flog off standard rooms as superior rooms ( we had all our accommodation booked for 9 months prior mind you) . We ended up staying one night and went back to the bounty to see if there was any rooms free. The staff did everything in their power to find us a room after hearing the problems we had at the Wina, the manager even offered to let us stay at her house if we weren't able to get a room. After an hour and a half they managed to get us a room due to an early check out, we were put in a standard room right up the back of the hotel up 3 steep (very scary) flights of stairs, didn't do my bad knee any justice but we were so grateful for what they did and were glad to be back. The standard room was still comfortable, very budget but when you are out most of the day who cares as long as there is a bed. The air con leaked and the maintenance man was straight up and fixed it straight away.

One thing I would suggest though is definitely not going in schoolies time late October-December.
This is probably why we had a pleasant stay as it wasn't packed out and there wasn't a whole lot of messy drunk teenagers. The music does start very early around 7ish - they play traditional Balinese music at the breakfast area then at about 10 am is then the doof doof starts which is to very wee hours of the morning. I noticed the less people there were at the bar/main pool the more the volume went down. Didn't really worry us though, by the end of the day we were so buggered from the heat and our day trips that we slept like a baby.

I really don't know what else to say other than we had a fantastic stay, even in the standard room. It makes all the difference when the staff are so accommodating.

Room Tip: Superior room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am a 45 year old but still young at heart. For any young person looking for a great party hotel, the Bounty is the place to be. This place opened my eyes to what fun a person could experience while on holidays. Perfect location to all the major night life. e.g Sky Garden, Engine Room, Pattie's Bar and the Bounty night club it's self. Just watch out for the traffic while walking to and from the hotel, along Poppies Lane 2. The 24hr pool and swim up bar sets the scene for the party ! Our standard room was clean and also spacious, cleaned daily to a good standard. The Friday night Rasa Sayang party was out of control, best value for money I have experienced, for $45 you get all the food and spirits you can drink for 3hrs, hey don't skimp on the alcohol. The drinking games rocks, funny as, everyone party as one. It's my first day back and I am missing the place already.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had an amazing time, met so many new interesting people and this is definitely the place to go when to party!
Rooms where clean and the service was great! If there is a problem or if you want help with anything the staff will help you. The breakfast wasn't too nice but alright. We went to other places nearby for breakfast and lunch. The nights were always filled with people around the pool bar, very nice drinks and good value! So nights were great for party!
If it gets a bit too full on, get a taxi or scooter and go outside of the city, much calmer and good for hangovers.

Drinks value! Events! Dinners! Seafood nights! Next time I will bring all my friends!

Thumps up!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bounty Hotel? Share your experiences!