“Love this place!! Will definately stay again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bounty Hotel

You added Bounty Hotel to your Saves list
Bounty Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gang Poppies 2 # 18 | PO Box 2064, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #112 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
Sydney, Australia
“Love this place!! Will definately stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We travelled as a couple to Bali in August 2013.
My partner has been to Bali 3 times before and has always stayed at the Bounty but for me it was my first time to Bali and my first time overseas.
We booked 3 different hotels through our agent to try out a few to see what was best so we knew for next time.
We were booked in to stay at the bounty for 6 days in a superior room, 6 days at the Wina holiday villas and 4 at the Payogan resort and spa in Ubud.

We checked into the Bounty at 2pm and were welcomed by very friendly staff, it was such a smooth and easy check in. We were shown to our room which from memory was room 416 which was situated in close proximity to the main 'party pool'. I was at first reluctant to book in here as I read reviews saying there was tonnes of idiots and the noise was unbearable. Being not really a party person this turned me off a bit but my partner encouraged me to give it a go and I'm glad we did.

The superior room was nicely furnished and had a traditional Balinese feel to it which is what I was hoping for - no point going to a different country and feeling like you are in a hotel much like something at home.

Our stay included free full buffet breakfast which was great. If only it was open til later.
We also took advantage of the lunch menu and room service which was very tasty and affordable.

The cocktail jugs were enough to put you on your butt for hours - so I stuck to Bintangs.
I think from memory the jugs were 155,000 rp, the beer etc was not badly priced.

The hotel was close to everything, just a short walk to everything you could possibly want.

The service and cleanliness of the rooms was great. We would go out in the morning and come back to a spotless, freshly made up room.

There is 3 ATMS located out the front of the hotel - just make sure to put your money away before the locals drag you into their shop to try flog off a million Bintang singlets to you.

We had friends that met us over there and stayed at the Kuta town houses and they paid a lot more than we did and the service was no where near as good as The Bounty.

After our 6 day stint here I was very reluctant to leave as I felt quite at home there. From there we went to our second booked hotel, they doubled booked about 12 couples and were trying to flog off standard rooms as superior rooms ( we had all our accommodation booked for 9 months prior mind you) . We ended up staying one night and went back to the bounty to see if there was any rooms free. The staff did everything in their power to find us a room after hearing the problems we had at the Wina, the manager even offered to let us stay at her house if we weren't able to get a room. After an hour and a half they managed to get us a room due to an early check out, we were put in a standard room right up the back of the hotel up 3 steep (very scary) flights of stairs, didn't do my bad knee any justice but we were so grateful for what they did and were glad to be back. The standard room was still comfortable, very budget but when you are out most of the day who cares as long as there is a bed. The air con leaked and the maintenance man was straight up and fixed it straight away.

One thing I would suggest though is definitely not going in schoolies time late October-December.
This is probably why we had a pleasant stay as it wasn't packed out and there wasn't a whole lot of messy drunk teenagers. The music does start very early around 7ish - they play traditional Balinese music at the breakfast area then at about 10 am is then the doof doof starts which is to very wee hours of the morning. I noticed the less people there were at the bar/main pool the more the volume went down. Didn't really worry us though, by the end of the day we were so buggered from the heat and our day trips that we slept like a baby.

I really don't know what else to say other than we had a fantastic stay, even in the standard room. It makes all the difference when the staff are so accommodating.

Room Tip: Superior room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am a 45 year old but still young at heart. For any young person looking for a great party hotel, the Bounty is the place to be. This place opened my eyes to what fun a person could experience while on holidays. Perfect location to all the major night life. e.g Sky Garden, Engine Room, Pattie's Bar and the Bounty night club it's self. Just watch out for the traffic while walking to and from the hotel, along Poppies Lane 2. The 24hr pool and swim up bar sets the scene for the party ! Our standard room was clean and also spacious, cleaned daily to a good standard. The Friday night Rasa Sayang party was out of control, best value for money I have experienced, for $45 you get all the food and spirits you can drink for 3hrs, hey don't skimp on the alcohol. The drinking games rocks, funny as, everyone party as one. It's my first day back and I am missing the place already.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had an amazing time, met so many new interesting people and this is definitely the place to go when to party!
Rooms where clean and the service was great! If there is a problem or if you want help with anything the staff will help you. The breakfast wasn't too nice but alright. We went to other places nearby for breakfast and lunch. The nights were always filled with people around the pool bar, very nice drinks and good value! So nights were great for party!
If it gets a bit too full on, get a taxi or scooter and go outside of the city, much calmer and good for hangovers.

Drinks value! Events! Dinners! Seafood nights! Next time I will bring all my friends!

Thumps up!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is in a great location, 5 minute walk to the beach and nightclubs. Be prepared to get hassled a lot as men wait outside the gate and flood you with propositions as soon as you exit bounty.
The hotel rooms were ok but you get what you pay for and we only used them to sleep in anyway.
Food is really good and at a reasonable price, 24 hour room service helps after a night out.

When walking back from the nightclubs down poppies lane be aware of getting pick pocketed late at night, this almost happened several times just don't walk there alone, locals can get a bit aggressive.
Don't use the currency changers in the street shops.
The Friday night party is expensive we didn't pay and you can just watch it from around the pool anyway.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. As for the music it gets turned down during the night and it isn't a issue getting sleep.
Overall a good stay, fun hotel with good memories.

• Stayed August 2013
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Third time I've stayed here at the Bounty, but the first time I've traveled to Bali alone.

I checked in and was showed to my room. Unfortunately, i'd requested to stay in a room close to a pool (either one - I didn't mind), but was placed around the back side of the hotel and found myself very lost. I decided to go back to reception and see what could be done. The staff were very friendly and quickly asked if I would like to view another room, which was in a much better location, and not a bother for me to switch.

The newly renovated main pool and bar are certainly a welcome change to this hotel.

I, and others, have said before that the rooms in this hotel are certainly dated and in need of a make over, but they serve their intended purpose.

This is my third time staying here, and again, the shower head needed to be replaced by maintenance, but it didn't seem to be a bother. Even after this though, the shower wasn't the greatest.

The staff here are all very friendly. One of them even recognised me from my stay the year before, and was only too happy to have a chat about the hotel and Bali.

Location of this place really can't be beaten. It's right in the middle of the great street shopping and an easy stroll up to the beach or any surrounding restaurant if you don't want to eat in the hotel.

Breakfast may be included, but it really is of a pretty poor standard. I suppose though, a large volume of the guests aren't really up in time for breakfast, so I can understand it. There's plenty of places close by to get a very cheap and great breakfast.
In terms of other food at the hotel, I've found that you really can't go past the Chicken in a pillow surprise - simply amazing and I want the recipe!

The Rasa Sayang Friday night party is a real hoot, and pretty good value for an all you can eat and drink event. During my stay, it must have been fairy quiet, as it would seem that they had invited A LOT of the local hotel/tourist/whoever vendors to attend, seemingly to make up numbers. Was still an awesome night, and always a good place to make some new friends.

Overall, this place is a party hotel, so if music and such is not your style then I wouldn't stay here. That being said however, on my final night before going to the airport, I sat close by a somewhat very elderly European lady who didn't seem to be bothered by the DJ only feet away. Conversely though, if traveling with children under about 12, I wouldn't stay here.

Will I stay here again? Most likely - you just can't beat the location and the atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is the second time I stay at this hotel.I deliberately stayed at Friday to enjoy Famous Friday night party called Rasa Sayang which I miss during my first stay.In this party game they perform a lot of adults games that should not be viewed by minors. The room is average,and the breakfast is OK.For the prices USD55/night room(booking through AGODA), I think this hotel is quite OK

Room Tip: If you want party,get a room near main pool,if not, stay near second pool in the backyard
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for 7 days and they had music blaring at all hours even in the morning they played Balinese music very loudly !
the room was pretty average, but I could accept that, even though the power kept cutting out, the water was intermittent and the "free WIFI" was intermittent.
The Rasa Sayang party is very fun and the pool is nice though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bounty Hotel? Share your experiences!