“The location and the room is okay but staff in the restaurant is ignorant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Summer Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bali Summer Hotel to your Saves list
Bali Summer Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pantai Kuta 38 | Kuta beach, Bali, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #121 of 174 hotels in Kuta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The location and the room is okay but staff in the restaurant is ignorant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was recommended by my driver in Bali to stay at this hotel, this is kind of old hotel, the price is okay, but do not have enough option of TV channel, the shower flow is very slow especially the cool water and the others guest is very noisy. the best of this hotel is they locations, because is close to the beach and practically in the middle of buzzing Kuta, which means easy access to almost everywhere near Kuta, NT but this is not a privileges of this hotel, they are many other
What disappoints me most is during breakfast, where I ordered an american breakfast, it did not come with any meat, which clearly has been stated in the menu that all the eggs come with either beacon, ham or sausages, and worst when I told one of the female servant, she trying to fool me by saying that the meat only come with the omelettes, as if I could read English. And I'm wondering if she ever done that to white people? or she said that just because I'm a local tourist? and when I asked them to speak with the manager, they seems to hide the manager from me, for the next 2 days? weird . . .

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floors might have less noise from the outside and of course above ;)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi Sava,

Very sorry you did not have a better time at the Bali Summer.

Our customers are usually pretty quiet people. In future, can always ask front desk to move you into a different room if there is a problem like this.

TV Channels.. We are working on this. We are trying to get FoxTail, and more stations.
I do not have a ETA on that yet, but it is under review, and I will show the board your complaint which may help push the resolution to this problem sooner..

Water Issue.. I will ask the board to make it a priority to fix this issue, however, most of the rooms are okay right now, but again, you can always ask to be moved to another room,
but none the less, will try to push them to fix the rest of the rooms a.s.a.p.

American Breakfast does have meat. If there is anyway you can email me the room you stayed
at, and the name of the person who told you that it did not in the restaurant, would be helpful,
we have had some school interns training there the past couple of weeks, we will get to the bottom of that. Please email TirthaHotels at Gmail com

If anyone ever has a complaint while here, ask for KENDRO at the front desk.
He is the VP of Tirtha who also Managers the Bali Summer.
He is a great guy, and will take care of you any way he can.

Thank you for your complaint, we will try to fix these problems a.s.a.p.
Please give us another try, will discount you, and make sure things will be better next time.

Thanks, John Lerner (CTO) Tirtha Hotels.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

It is just a couple minutes walk to kuta beach, discovery mall is 5 minutes walk,
just amazing location yet, quiet at night. The band plays really good music,
easy to meet people there specally at the bar at night.

Breakfast could be a little better, but for the low price I paid at $29.00 night, I saved a lot when i found their site www.BaliHotels.tv which has a lot of their other hotels too.

Just cannot beat it for a decent big hotel with a lot of ammenities, like the massage room,
got my hair cut at the salon, and used the pool a few times. Will definitly be going back.

Say Hi to John, Lilly, Leo, Kendro, and Maxi, they work there and are really nice people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
John L, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hi Kelly,

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Bali Summer Hotel.

We have changed the breakfast from buffet, to a Menu now to please most all customers.

You are right, www.BaliHotels.tv does have the lowest rate for this hotel and

All the other hotels we manage.

By the way, we just got done putting new marble around the pool :)

Please come back and visit us again, John Lerner (CTO) Tirtha Hotels.
Sth Coast NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for 8 days April/May, the second stop on our trip. Location Location Location. Perfectly centred between Bimo Corner, Mata Hari Shopping Complex, Markets & the Beach. Everything is within 3-5 minutes stroll. Even the Shrine (bombing) is only 10 minutes walk.

Pro's: Rooms are very comfortable and CLEAN. The Dining area/Bar is continually maintained.
The Staff are fabulous. Always smiling and having a good laugh with you. The service of meals (Lunch & Dinner) is swift and most importantly hot meals are HOT. The swimming pool is spotless. The evening's entertainment: Leo,Tommy, Lily and Max is the highlight of this Hotel. Not only are they talented, played everything from 60's hard rock to current chart numbers, BUT socialise with the audience during every break. They are real party type people.

Con's: Shower over the bath has poor hot water pressure, however showering with cold water only is like having a luke warm cup of tea anyway.

Breakfast needs improvement. Except for the egg station, all the hot meals were barely warm, and all the cold food was at room temperature, NOT chilled. Choice was bacon & sausages, tomatoes, an Asian noodle or rice, toast, fruit juice and the eggs. Every day same-same. No cereals. This is the third hotel that we have stayed at in Bali, and ALL suffer this same problem.

The Con's are VERY minor in the overall picture. This is a great Hotel. It is listed as a 3 star, but we feel it is more 4, and would definitely recommend and stay again.

We also stayed at the Capitol Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, The Centara Duangtawan in Chiang Mai & the Areca Lodge in Pattaya, during this holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello Roggo,

Thank you for your post.

We are working hard on making Bali Summer better and better.
Our Group took over management of the hotel in January, 2013.

We have fixed up a lot of the rooms, repainted all over, replaced tv's, furniture, etc,
Were doing the best we can with the budget we have to work with, it is getting better
every month.

The breakfast issue. We are changing it around and adding more items here and there.
Still a work in progress, but getting better.

We have also bought more water systems, so pressure is better, but we still have some issues on the top floor when to many people take showers at same time, but we are aware of it and trying to fix it. If a customer has a problem just need to call front desk, our guys will be on it right away.

Please come visit us again, thanks, John Lerner.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ok and the people nice but
when I asked the night before Cheack out they said that they still had room. When I went in the next morning and asked to book the room. I was told ha no more rooms ha ha. Disgusting. The manner of some stuff needs to be looked at. The food was terrible. Dnt get the whole fish. Its more skin and bones. Still can't believe that they lie to people saying they he room When they clearly Dnt.

• Stayed April 2013
sukendro s, General Manager at Bali Summer Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts. I on behalf the entire team apologised for the inconvenience cause and putting this feedback as a serious information were we should improved in the future. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : kendro@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's a 3 stars hotel that worth every money that i spend, the room for me, comfortable, the toilet small but clean, the services really nice and fast and yet the breakfast also good. Nothing much i can say but for those who want a budget hotel, with an excellent services in the middle of the town, all walking distance, BALI SUMMER HOTEL is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts. I on behalf the entire team thankful and assure the service is remain improved involving the comment from you. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : kendro@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team. Look forward to seeing you again in Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This Hotel is very close to Kuta Square the rooms are set back so noise is not a problem. The Pool is lovely and the staff very helpful. However I needed a triple room I explained in my emails that we 3 single women would not share a bed, we were offered a room with a queen bed and a single bed. It took quite awhile to get a change of room finally we did and all was fine we had 2 single beds and a mattress on the floor better than the other alternative. The bathrooms are new but they shower leaks over the floor every time it's on. I stayed at this hotel 7 years ago unfortunately the restaurant was tired then and it's very tired now. The breakfast are traditional or eggs cooked to order last time pancakes were on offer this time you could order them but they were badly undercooked we finally went out for breakfast th e last few days. This was disappointing as we had paid for breakfast in our accomodation. the lunch and dinner menu is not a very good standard I would think carefully about staying at the hotel again.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a lift make sure if you book you able to walk up to the 1st or 2nd floor. T...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is under new management. They are renovating the place.
Not all the rooms are great, but you get what you pay for..
Spend a little or a lot, up to you.
Cannot beat the location, friendly staff, live bands at the bar, walking distance to beach, and world famous Sky Garden.. Its right on Legian street Night live.

Maxi can help you with pretty much anything, Legal that is!!

Leo and Gasha sing here and are great people to know. Mennik.

The manager is really cool, Kendro. Ask him for a deal..

I love this place, staying here for a month..

Room Tip: Ask for John!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear John,

Thank you for giving us a feedback related with your stay with Bali Summer Hotel and Resorts. I on behalf the entire team thankful for your comment and consider it as a consideration to maintain and even improved the services and hospitality manner in the future. I would be love to if you can describe us further to my email address : kendro@thetirtha.com and I guarantee that your comment is definitely follow up by our team.

Sukendro

Been to Bali Summer Hotel? Share your experiences!