“Surprisingly very very pleasant and would definitely stay here again in the future! :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Inna Kuta

You added Grand Inna Kuta to your Saves list
Grand Inna Kuta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pantai Kuta No.1 | PO Box 3393, Denpasar, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Book now and Save
Ranked #52 of 190 Hotels in Kuta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised with our experience staying here. Booked only for 2 nights (Thu, 30 & Fri, 31 May '13) through AsiaRooms as a "prelude" to our fabulous Bali holiday, as we've booked at two other hotels as well (The Hard Rock for 6 nights and Jimbaran Puri Bali for 5, as "main course" and "dessert" hehe.. :-P ) but now I'm sort of thinking that I'd probably be perfectly happy if we stayed here at Grand Inna Kuta for the whole duration of the trip!! (That's quite a big call for me to say that!!) And we'd probably even go for the Executive Sea and Pool View suite with balcony!! Oh well next time!!
This time we got the Deluxe Sea View in the Beach Wing, a twin room, since I'm staying with my mum and 23 month old daughter (my husband's joining us for the next 2 hotel stays). We ended up pushing our two king singles together so the bub can sleep in the middle without falling over the edge. And I think it might've worked out better/more spacious as opposed to one queen or king bed. That's how it felt anyway.
We had room 1407 on the 4th floor, which is the top floor. Room was quite pleasant, clean and furnishings were minimalistic with a bit of a modern feel to it (which I prefer and the reason why I insisted on the Beach wing) and a lovely leafy beach and ocean view!!! The only minor con of the view is probably the large concrete top of roof underneath that u can see from the window. Might be the restaurant's. They tried to make it less of an eyesore with potted plants, mainly Garden Yellow Palms and Bougainvilleas, and it's probably going to look heaps better when plants have fully matured. Only a couple other cons about this room, while it's handy being next to lift, we don't have to walk far to get to room from lobby or even beach, it can be a bit noisy. Especially noticeable on the first night, it felt like it was "dinging" constantly like people were getting in and out of lift constantly till probably 8 or 9 pm.
The other thing was we saw quite a bit of little red ants on the tables and wall near telly. But I made a call and issue was immediately resolved! :-)
Other things I love about this hotel besides nice room and lovely sea view, is the awesome location!!! Love how it has direct access to the beach and it's actually a nicer section of it too. I mean it's not a private super clean calm-turquioise-maldive looking beach but it's still nice. It's still a typical Kuta beach with quite a few various vendors. It might feel a bit full-on for a first time foreign traveller with people offering massages, temporary tattoos, hair braids etc.. But I suppose I got used to it, I just kept saying "Ngga bu/pak, makasih" which means: "No, thank you mam/sir" politely and they stop offering.
But, yeah ..staying here at Grand Inna Kuta, I feel almost like I have discovered a hidden treasure. While walking along the sort-of "board walk" (only it's made of bricks instead of boards) all the way to Discovery Mall, only Grand Inna, Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel and Bali Garden Beach Resort that had clear direct beach access. The ones I could see anyway. But still in my opinion, that Grand Inna had the better section of the beach and I'm glad I had chosen this instead of Bali Garden Beach Resort.
I quite enjoyed the walk from hotel to mall, it probably took around 15-20 minutes just a leisurely walk while I push my daughter in a stroller and also stopping to buy some mangosteen and hats, it did get a bit too hot even though only still quite early, a bit before 10am.
I was also delighted to discover a row of hawker/street style food stalls right next to hotel. I just LOVE my Indonesian street food!! After the walk back from the mall my mum n I enjoyed fresh young coconut water (kelapa muda) straight from the natural coconut for Rp. 20.000 ($2 US/AUD) each. They had lots of different foods like Bakso, Sate Ayam/Kambing madura, Rawon, Mie Ayam, Soto Ayam, Nasi Goreng etc.. But just to be clear, these stalls are really really basic cheap street food, so I'm not sure if it's recommended for vulnerable foreign tummies! :-P
Another plus is the buffet breakfast at Breeze Restaurant. Love the variety and they've got both of my faves: bubur ayam and indo fried rice!! The place is also quite spacious, quite easy to maneuver a stroller in there.
As for room service, we ordered Sop Buntut (ox tail soup) and Tom Yam Goong, the sop buntut was delicious but the Tom Yam that my mum had did not look like the typical thai tom yam and mum said it did not taste the same either. So maybe safer to choose Indo food rather than Thai. They might improve it for future guests though, you'll never know! :-)
Also ordered a Virgin Pina Colada (just cos I'm pregnant), and it would've been tastier if the guy put more pineaple juice, a little lime juice and maybe a drizzle of sugar syrup. The one I had was a bit bland.
When we come back to Bali, will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to friends and family! :-)
Love the free wifi throughout hotel and the complimentary 1st stocked mini bar too!! Very nice touch!!

• Stayed May 2013
grandinnakuta b, General Manager at Grand Inna Kuta, responded to this review, February 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on this forum.

Please be advised that we only were able to respond to our guests as of 26 February 2014 however rest assured we have read your comments.

We would like thank you for the kind remarks and apologies for any lapse in services you may have encountered.

Your valuable comments are important to us and we will follow up where required to ensure our future guests will have a most enjoyable stay.

I hope to welcome you again at Grand Inna Kuta upon your next visit to Bali, meanwhile in case should you need any further assistance or want to make an inquiry regarding your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at reservation@grandinnakuta.com or call +62-361-751-361

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel has an excellent location facing Kuta beach and consists of an old & new wing. The rooms at the new wing are in an excellent condition. Besides having the beach basically in front of you, the hotel has several pools too. Restaurants, bars & breakfast buffet, altogether very good. Wifi access everywhere available. Good value for money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Myself & 2 friends recently visited this hotel in early May. We were amazed when we arrived at how different it looks from before renovations.
We stayed in the newly renovated beach wing. The only room that would cater for 3 adults in 1 room in the beach wing was the Executive suite but we were more than happy to book this room. it was very spacious & has a large bathroom & large balcony overlooking the pool & the beach.

The hotel is in a great location, its walking distance to the nightlife
The staff were incredibly welcoming & friendly.
It is a very large hotel & it was quite a walk from reception to our room.
I could not fault the buffet breakfast at all.
3 pools to choose from, but we loved the infinity pool overlooking the beach, especially at sunset.
We enjoyed our stay & I would definately be reccommending this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Right in the middle of Kuta and on the beach, what more could you want.
We had a pool access room , in the newly renovated part and couldn't fault it.
We had breakfast there daily and the buffet had all that you could ask for.
Only thing is it was a little pricey.
We didn't eat at their new restaurants on the beach side, as there was no one there the whole week we stayed at the hotel.
They had a pool on the beach side that was open to people off the street if they used the bar and/or reasturants but there was no advertising to this effect, so people thought it was only for hotel guests, which is a shame cos the facility is awesome.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that open onto the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have recently visited this hotel to check it out, as I am a travel agent !

The hotel has 2 Wings, old and New, Bali Wing (Old) Beach Wing (New).
The beach Wing has replaced what used to be Bungalows, which the hotel no longer has.

The beach wings do not offer any Balcony rooms, only pool/Beach/Garden View rooms, and some pool access rooms (I think) and they do not allow extra bedding in room, ie Rollaway beds... I think they lose out a lot here as alot of people come in groups of 3... and they wont be wanting to pay for 2 rooms ! Being most rooms are Twin unless staying in a suite !

The Bali Wing (Old) has now got a brand new pool ! Which also has a pool bar, and a little kiddies pool.
The Bali wing does offer extra bedding and balcony rooms.
The staff hanging around the hotel was very helpful and friendly.

I had a look at a Sea View room in the Beach Wing, which was very clean and modern, but a little small..

Very Very good location ! With the hotel on the beach, and Poopies lane and Kuta Beach Walk Shopping centre only just down the street.

I would like to recommend to people to only use the Light Blue Taxis, as they do Meter on, no arguing, and know where they are going..
Meter on is normally cheaper if traveling a small distance.

I got in a green Taxi, and instead of taking us to Dewi Sri HOTEL, he took us to Dewi Sri STREET... When we advised him it was the hotel, located next to the Bombing Memorial, he did not know where to go ! He had to call his friend....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Newman, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel for many years and this time we upgraded to the new wing. The hotel rooms were fantastic we were on the 4th floor although I would have preferred to stay in the older part down stairs with a room opening out on to the pool. The infinity pool had no umbrellas or shade so no one used it and its in a beautiful location overlooking the beach The staff are the friendliest on the island and I have stayed in many hotels troughout the world. Two of the staff actually visited the hospital on a daily basis to visit my husband who had to have an op at the BIMC hospital. the breakfast room was beautiful and had shutters open overlooking the beach, I will continue to stay at the Inna although I will stay in the rooms opening out on to the pool. This hotel is the best located hotel in Bali, right on Kuta beach with many beach bars and very friendly hawkers who have had the pleasure of knowing over the years. Cant wait to get back there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everythings was excellent , especially stuffs and wonderful Sunset view . New bar and resturant
in front of the beach was amazing , with deluxe furnitures look likes a hollywood movie !!!
With 3 diferent resturant you cant be hungry , becuase you can find local ( Indonesian ) food and bar , Japanese food , and International foods in these 3 location in best quality .

Room Tip: pool view rooms in both buildings are the best location , to use the pool , bar , and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

The Management

Been to Grand Inna Kuta? Share your experiences!