My wife and myself stayed at the Kartika Plaza for 6 nights earlier this month.
We were picked up by the free hotel transfer service which was great.On arrival at the hotel we
were greeted by the very friendly staff. Our room was'nt ready and we waited about 40 mins.
We eventually checked into our room.
The ocean view room was adequate but dated. I had trouble with the in room safe but it was fixed
very promptly. The refridgerator had only just been turned on and took overnight to cool down.Why it had to be turned off I don't know.
From then on everthing was smooth sailing. The staff in all departments were wonderful.
Breakfast was good without being too over the top catering for asians,japanese and western.
The restaraunts are really nice especially the Tepan Noodle which overlooks the ocean.They
are very well priced.
The main swimming pool is terrific although it only has one depth.DEEP so no good if you are
a shorty. There is another pool suitable for children.
The hotel is idealy situated,easy walking distance to kuta shops and restaraunts.The rear of the hotel backs onto the ocean and you can access the walkway which is another quieter way to stroll down to kuta shops etc.
We have stayed at better hotel resorts in our travels for much the same cost but we would certainley consider staying at the Kartika again if we visited Bali again.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Kuta
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali/Kuta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel offers the warmth of Balinese service with caring and thoughtful service. Set on 8-hectares of gardens and ponds, along 550-metres of private beach, are 318 rooms, suites, and villas. This includes villas with beachfront access, ocean view suites, and ocean front rooms. The hotel has 3 dining outlets, 2 bars and 2 lounges, and facilities such as a swimming pool, full service business centre, day spa, and Kid's Club. Spacious function rooms, including a 700 sqm ballroom, and a private helipad allow for grand celebrations, romantic weddings, private business meetings, or large conferences. The hotel proves welcoming for couples, friends, families and business executives. Its convenient location makes it an ideal gateway to the vibrant and colourful sights of central Kuta. It is within walking distance to the main Kuta shopping areas, including the neighbouring Discovery Shopping Mall, Waterbom Park as well as a variety of retail, dining and entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Venere and Otel so you can book your Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.